“Entertainment seriously lacking”

H.TOP Molinos Park
Ranked #71 of 93 Hotels in Salou
“Entertainment seriously lacking”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is dated and the food lacked choice. The restaurant didn't cater for children very well. Very poor entertainment, this was the major downside to our stay. The beds and loungers were very uncomfortable. The pool area was small and crowded. However if you didn't have children with you there were two terraces on floors four and five with jacuzzis and sun loungers and these looked really peaceful and spacious. They were for over 18's only. The two drink rule at the bar caused a lot of queuing and frustration, especially when there was only a couple of bar staff. On the plus side Cap Salou is an amazing place with lots to see and do. The Costa Caribe water park is definitely worth a visit. I'd avoid the Barcelona/ Nou camp trip as it's very expensive (£100+ for a family of four) and the football ground tour wasn't guided so you wandered around not knowing where anything was and when we got to Barcelona we only had 1 hour 45 minutes to look around, the leaflet promised three hours. The buses are frequent and the bus stop is outside the hotel so trips to Salou only take about ten minutes. Although if you were feeling adventurous there is a pretty scenic route which can be walked in about half an hour. The views were breath taking. We only came back yesterday and have already booked next years holiday to Cap Salou. We could cope with things not being the best especially as the price we paid was so cheap however the lack of entertainment let this hotel down so we made sure to book a different hotel.

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Ok so my sister booked this hotel. I read the reviews and thought my god what has she done. Can I say we paid a fair price and we got what paid for. The food was not the best but then I never paid the best price. The hotel was not the best but then I never paid for the best. It was noisy yes I was on holiday for god sake. The only problem I had was the constant moaning of people moaning about us having fun and making noise. The staff were fantastic if this hotel had any short coming( certainly not for me) the staff more than made up for it.Sebatien Vicky says hi x

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have just walked in from a weeks stay at this hotel and thought I owe it to everyone to write my report on this hotel immediately!! I never complain but this place was so bad it was a joke! Our room was dirty, chewing gum stuck on wardrobes, dirty sheets, stained mattress, broken sink, stained broken bath, cobwebs everywhere and a toilet stained with.... Well you can imagine. As for the food, we stayed all inclusive which did not always mean all inclusive as some things including drinks mostly all the alcoholic ones you had to pay extra for unless you upgraded and became a gold card holder. The snacks advertised were just the left overs from breakfast or lunch. The food was the cheapest possible including stale bread and fat filled meat. We gave up on the food after day two and went out in the local area! Entertainment was only for the children and nothing for the adults. We had no sleep as the walls were so thin we could here everyone partying into the early hours of the morning along with the constant shouting of angry guests shouting to tell people to shut the f*** up :( staff were not helpful at all and seemed to turn a blind eye to the bad behaviour of guests including people in the lunch area cleaning their feet at the table! Tables were so dirty people were bringing their own baby wipes to clean them before they put their things on it!! We travelled with Thomas cook and did not pay cheap, we were shocked to find that others at the hotel had paid half the price we had.... We will be on the phone tomorrow to Thomas cook as soon as they open! I would not even give this place 1 star let alone 3!!! I will upload my photos although they do not show the full extent of what we had to put up with :(

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Riojackson

Travelers are raving about these Salou hotels

Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a night and couldn't bare it any longer I was all inclusive the food was terrible and was told no snacks just eat what's left over from breakfast/dinner. The hotel rooms weren't very good only basic, one room had for beds in and couldn't get into them unless u climbed across. Had to carry an all inclusive card with a picture to use facility's which had to given and scanned into a computer every time you wanted a drink or at meal times. Staff were very unhelpful including the manager who just shrugged his shoulders and grunted at us when we complained. Would never return to this hotel again and I have visited salou many times and never experienced this type of service .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Andy S
HTOPHotels, Director of Sales at H.TOP Molinos Park, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank You for coming to our hotel, even when your stay was as short as “terrible”. Unlike you, many of our guests stay for 1 or 2 weeks, and even longer, and most of them come back year after year. That’s why we are almost full booked all season round; actually nobody else in the resort can say the same! This is the best reward we can have for our work, although it is impossible to satisfy everybody –we know-. And you are a good example of it.
Anyway, your descriptions of our food are so distort that we feel we must contribute a fair point of view about this; our cookers are working all day long to provide the best food for our buffets, including the snacks one. No less than 15 different choices –and more than 20 desserts- can be found in every meal. And, of course, all food provided is fresh and healthy. Not for nothing, food is our main concern.
That being said, we encourage you to try again in any other Htop Hotel; we are sure you will meet your match.
Yours faithfully,
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Alot of people were smoking weed that we could smell in our rooms every night. The best part was singing and dancing with everyone in the hotel from the balcony, for some reason a few people didn't enjoy themselves. Personally I enjoyed the 7 night stay at this hotel. However the entertainment was the same every night and didn't really involve any adults. There was alot of arguing which we could hear throught the walls as they were extremely thin. I found Roverto, one of the entertainment team very interesting.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Kirsty K
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014

i stopped with my wife and two kids in this hotel ,all inclusive ,good deal ,good food excellent service ,thanks to samira and Helena in restaurant and john in swimming pool and mohammed in bar.the rooms are clean.transport and tours are easier to reach Barcelona and nearby.looking to go back again

Room Tip: sea side views rooms are much better
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank abbass177
surrey
Reviewed May 30, 2014

9 of us have just returned from a hen weekend at this hotel. We got a good price for the hotel and have nothing but good things to say about it.
When we arrived at 1am, the receptionist was waiting for us. The check in process was quite slow as there were 9 of us and we each had to have a photo for our all inclusive cards. It meant that people behind us in the queue were waiting quite a while with a young child.
We were soon in our rooms. When I first saw it I was a little disappointed as it was extremely basic but then again, we were getting what we paid for and how much time do you actually spend in the room on holiday? It had 2 mirrors which suited us 3 girls perfectly. The shower was hot and powerful and the balcony was a good size.
The food was ok. Not much choice but still something for everyone. The pool didn't open until 10 meaning we had quite a bit of spare time to kill each morning after breakfast.
The first day we ventured out into Cap Salou which has some good souvenir shops and there is a Supermarket selling a wide variety of food and drink less than a 5 minute walk away. The bus stop is pretty much directly outside the hotel and there is a booth with a man to help with your enquiry. We managed to pay 27.5 euros for 10 return trips. This paid for 9 of us to go to Portaventura for the day (which was amazing!!) and back, plus when we gave the card back we were refunded 3.5 euros!! Result!!
The evenings were ok. They had the usual bingo (and one of our lot won 80 euros from a 2 euro ticket!!) which was quite fun and the music is good too. The bar staff are very friendly (and quite good looking)!! You could only have 2 drinks at a time using the all inclusive card which was a slight pain as during the evening as the bar gets very busy and there is a long queue. The drinks, although were all local brands, were fine and fit the purpose.
During the days we were at the hotel, we would sit up on floor 4 which is a fantastic designated over 18s area with 2 jacuzzis. There is a bar here too which had the BEST BARMAN IN THE WHOLE OF SALOU! haha. His name was Sebastian and he really made our holiday even more fun than it already was. He would sing Happy Birthday to us and bring us champagne (even though it was no ones birthday) He would take our photos for us and tell us funny stories.
The only complaints I have about the hotel are 1) The lift would take forever to come so 9/10 times I would use the stairs to walk up 4 floors - not usually a complaint but I have a bad knee so wasn't ideal. 2) the chairs were way too low for the tables in the restaurant - again just me being fussy. 3) The toilet in the room would fill all night. I had to act as plumber for our stay to stop this from happening. 4) The walls are paper thin and I would not recommend this hotel for people with young children.
All in all, we had a fantastic time. The hotel is what you make of it. I would return but not for a whole week and it would have to be similar price to what we paid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends