Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Algotels
StayForLong
1,068 results
All reviews sea view bar staff swim up bar balcony room pool area ice cream main beach all inclusive meal times pork entertainment every night toasties hotel is in a great location great holiday plenty of choice something for everyone bars and restaurants
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2019

Hello!

I have just got back from a week here with my boyfriend all inclusive from the 8th of October to the 15th and i can honestly say dont always go by ALL the bad reviews. The hotel overall i would say is pretty good and i can say i had a great week here and would probably go back again. However there are positives and negatives to each area of the hotel.

Firstly its in a perfect location as its only a couple minute walk from the beach and a lot of the front facing rooms have a beautiful view of the beach and mountains in the distance. Its also only a 5 minute or so walk from the main part of salou which is very handy and there are a nice assortment of shops and eating establishments, a perfect walk away for the day.

The room we had was very clean when we arrived and enough space to move about and put things. The bathrom was a bit risky as you we figured out the hard way you cant have the shower on fully as it risks flooding the whole bathroom and into the bedroom, eek. Also out of the week stay our beds were only made 2 days and rubbish we left in the room wasnt taken out unless specifically put into the bin in the bathroom which was disappointing overall. My partners bed was completely fine but my bed was very springy so made noises if i moved at all, plus there was a lot of noise outside so can be a struggle to sleep but past 1/2am its usually fine! Our room overlooked one of the pools so great view!

We stayed all inclusive so had breakfast, lunch and dinner included. I am pretty easy with food but even i can say the food really wasnt great. The breakfast has bland cheese/meats and the hot food is a bit of a mess, the beans are cold and the sausages are like little hot dogs. The paella was absolutely great and the beef was nice and tender! But a lot of is seems like its just mass cooked and quite flavorless unfortunately so my and my partner had to eat out a bit. However the cafe near the pool does nice fresh chips which we had quite often and ice creams available all day.

The drinks are good depending on what you have. The spirits are great and decent amount of alcohol although i think the cocktails get quite watered down which is a bit sad, still enjoyed them though and cant really complain with all inclusive as i could get as many drinks as i needed anyway! The entertainment for the evening was a good mix although some of it didnt fit our interests but certainly appealed to the majority so they did well there!

The cleaning staff from rooms ive commented on negatively but the cleaners for around the hotels like the pools and bins etc do a great job! Its always kept nice and tidy and never any mess about. The bar staff were nice and friendly especially Mariana and Yoal, if you go to this hotel they are the best 2 working there and the hotel would be nothing without them, along with tamera who does the entertainment, she is fantastic and a whirlwind of bubbliness. Those 3 are the best part of the hotel.

The pool area is very relaxing and they have a nice peaceful area upstairs way from the pool if you like relaxation and there is a spa although we didnt get around to using it. Music is played throughout the day which is a nice mix of spanish and english which was fun!

Overall we had a magnificent stay and would come back again but the food does need a serious improvement as that was the main bit we had issues with, but do give it a try, the staff are brilliant and the hotel has a great atmosphere!

1  Thank Arcticashxo
Reviewed October 13, 2019

2nd visit to this hotel and was not disappointed. Booked a sea view room, we got allocated on the 9th floor which had a great terrace equipped with sun loungers, table & chairs. Room cleaned on a daily basis. Food was great plenty of choice, fish, meat and salads, for those that complain not for the English palet, well you are actually in Spain not the UK. Hotel is in a great location in close proximity to beach and amenities. Would recommend to family and friends and will definitely be back again. Weeks stay Sept 2019

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Roam496807
Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

This is the second year me and my partner have come back, which speaks for itself. All the staff have the biggest of smiles on a daily basis and speak a good standard of English. The rooms are spacious and cleaned on a daily basis unless you state otherwise, the bathrooms in the rooms are very clean with towels changed frequently, theres also a hair dryer in the bathroom which will be a relief to most. Good range of cocktails/spirts and the beer was estrella so you absolutely can't grumble at that!! The ice creams are the real deal, i.e magnums, cornettos, twisters etc, proper branded stuff not the cheap cop outs! Real value for money, theres always decent food at meal times too. We will 100% be back for a 3rd time, 10/10 would recommend!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank NiallWalsh94
Reviewed October 10, 2019

Visited last year with my Mum and Dad and enjoyed it so much we brought other family members this year. Unfortunately my Mum and Dad couldn't make it for health reasons.
Lots of the staff were the same and remembered us from last year.
A big thank you to Jose and all of the bar staff who were so kind and friendly.
Thank you also to the lovely Tamara and Cecelia who organised the entertainment.
There could have been more day time entertainment such as water polo or regular aqua gym or french boules but what there was was fun.
Our room was on the 8 the floor and was clean and well presented with a nice walk in shower.
The food in the hotel was excellent with lots of choice. I did notice that the porridge and the pancakes stopped on 1st October which was disappointing especially to my daughter who loves pancakes. Restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful apart from the lady who cooked the eggs and refused to give me a hot egg and insisted that I had to use up the cold ones first!
We had a lovely holiday and hope to return again.
We hope you enjoy your holiday to Mexico Tamara!

Alison and Gary

Room tip: Sea view rooms are worth the money
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank vouchercodes1
Reviewed October 7, 2019

Just spent a week at this hotel and I was mainly very disappointed. The room wasn’t very clean and lacked basic amenities such as coffee and tea making facilities. There was also a 2.5 euro per day for use of the fridge. Towels were changed daily but the sheets weren’t changed once. I was informed by another guest on our last day that you have to take them off and pile them on the floor for them to be changed. There was hair on the bathroom floor and I noticed when I used the shower, hair would appear and I can only assume it was coming up through the drain. The food was appalling. The smell of fish hit you as soon as you entered the restaurant. I don’t feel like I’ve eaten properly for the whole week. The selection of drinks and ice creams from the bar was good. We were all inclusive so we could have most things. There were some drinks that you had to pay for though. Sunbeds were available every day which was good. The location was also good. I do, however, agree with many other people who have left comments that it isn’t a 4 star hotel and I wouldn’t book again. Salou as a resort was nice. Lots of pestering going on when looking at shops or simply walking down the street. I actually told my daughter not to make eye contact or point at anything because if you did, you’d be bombarded by people trying to sell things. I found it quite uncomfortable to be honest which is a shame. Can’t think of anything else to say about this hotel apart from it’s not somewhere I’d recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with friends