Hotel Villamarina Club
Ona Jardines Paraisol(Salou)(Great Value!)
$115
$96
  • Pool
Les Dalies Apartmentos(Salou)(Great Value!)
$50
$45
  • Pool
Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre(Salou)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
$234
$223
Travelocity
$65
  • Restaurant
Sol Costa Daurada(Salou)(Great Value!)
$81
Travelocity
$81
TripAdvisor
2,667 results
All reviewsvilla marinasnack barrooftop terracebar staffevery nightgreat holidayentertainment teamkids clubprivate poolrooms are smallwashing machineguest relationsthe main hotelfamily hotelshuttle busplenty of choicesomething for everyone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have had a fabulous week at the Villamarina. We stayed in the two bed apartments just behind the hotel what a great spot. Lovely big balconies with the sun on them. Kids loved the activities all day with Laura and Vicky, cookie decorating and colouring in. My girls taught the entertainers the cup song which was very funny. Thanks for keeping them busy team we had a lovely time. The food is ace always a good choice and sometihng for even our two fussy eaters. We liked the freedom of the apartment but also not having to worry about food and drink as its All Inclusive. The staff are a real asset to the hotel the ginger bar man who looks English but is Spanish was really sweet to us all week and everyone always has a smile on their face. We never had any problems with the sunbeds in fact there were always loads of spare so I dont know what people are going on about on here. We will definately be back for the price, the all inclusive, the entertainment and the free pick up from the airport you cant beat it. Thanks Villamarina - The Conlons C207 x x x x

Room Tip: The apartments with two beds are HUGE and perfect for families.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
VillaMarinaSalou, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Muchas gracias for the 5 Stars. Delighted to read that you and your family had a great stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

went on holiday in June 2013 the hotel was infested with fly's the toilets outside were really bad the locks didn't work very well the food was not as good as the 2 years we spent there before the wifi was a ridiculous price the entertainment was none existent the customer service rep was not very good at her job they need to get with the times with this hotel there's no disabled help an the rooms are very poor

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank patricia555
VillaMarinaSalou, Manager at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review once again here on trip advisor, please accept my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your time here with us this time round.
As soon as you mentioned to the reception with regards to your room, they asked if you could wait a few minutes and would have a new prepared for you, within 30 minutes your new room was ready, Monica our guest relations was explaining this to yourselves and apologizing for the room you was given on allocation, once again apologies if you felt this was not satisfactory.
The food in the Villamarina is exactly the same menu as it has been since I have been managing at the Villamarina since 2008, apologies you did not find it to be of your liking this year and would have appreciated your feedback whilst here with us. I can only apologies you did not feel it necessary to bring your upset to our attention.
As you can appreciate the hotel has 600 + guests within the hotel and is difficult to speak with everyone, and therefore myself and Monica are always out and about the hotel, so anyone can approach us at anytime if they feel the need to.
Apologies you found the rooms to be of a poor standard, again these are the same rooms, and every year are freshly painted and any maintenance required is carried out, and can only apologies you did not feel it necessary to voice your opinion whilst here with us.
I can see from the last 2 reviews that you are the same family traveling, therefore anyone reading this review and the one below please take this in to account. If anyone has any concerns re the 2 reviews then please do not hesitate to contact myself direct.
Here in the Villamarina we operate a hands on approach and are to help with any queries, I am sure if you had of brought your concerns to our attention they could have been resolved for you, I can only apologies you did not feel it necessary to do this.
Thank you once again and my sincere apologies once again

Reviewed June 27, 2013

this is the third time we have stayed at this hotel and the first two years i would give it 9/10 but this time i would only give it 3/10.on arrival we were given a room on the ground floor, on entering the room we got a smell of sewerage and the room was infested with flies.we complained to reception were we were met by the "customer care manager" she came to the room and said that they would bring the cleaners in , she never got back to us and all the cleaners did was spray the room with air freshener . we refused the room and were told that we had to wait for another room to be available.in my opinion the food we found was not very good up to the point where we were eating out most of the time , not once did the "customer care manager" ask if everything was okay , even though she passed us on on many an occasion . overall i think we will be looking at a different hotel next year and maybe the hotel should be looking at training their customer care team more . the wifi was also very expensive from what i can remember it was 26 euros for the week. one final note if you get a tour to Barcelona with the bus plana, if your tour guide is mary poppins the restaurant that she recommended was very poor quality food for 13 euros there is a burger king just around the corner.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tony c

I can see from the last 2 reviews that you are the same family traveling, therefore anyone reading this review and the one above please take this in to account. If anyone has any concerns re the 2 reviews then please do not hesitate to contact myself direct.
Over the last few years the hotel had not had wifi as you are aware from your previous visits, on people requests we have had it installed for 2013 apologies you felt it dissatisfactory that it
was not free.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We visited this hotel as a family, myself, wife & daughter, when we arrived the hotel looked lovely & spotless, it went downhill fast fom there, after queueing for the the lift we got to our room & it was tiny right above the "entertainment" (reminded me of butlins in the 80's) so we had hardly any piece until the entertainment finished at 1 am, when we asked if we could be moved we were told this isn't possible.

This was our first time being all inclusive, great, we thought, we don't have to worry about cash at the poolside or our daughter popping off to get a drink or an ice cream, but in my opinion the drinks were terrible and the food inedible, cold or tepid food when it's supposed to be hot isn't good.

On the plus side there were quite a few families there so our daughter made lots of friends to splash around in the pool with, some we spoke to loved it there, some couldn't wait to get home.

It's a pleasant 15 minute walk to Salou, the beach is lovely & there are plenty of places to eat properly.

As a base for visiting the area it's OK as long as you aren't close to the entertainment, but I wouldn't recommend it to friends, or people I don't like for that matter.

Pay a little extra & go elsewhere

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank g1nga_uk

Than you for taking the time to write your review as everyone’s feedback is important to the hotel, I would like to start by apologizing that you did not enjoy your time here with us, and would like to respond to some of the points you have made
The Villamarina is a 3* all inclusive hotel - the drinks on all inclusive we offer as Estrella lager which is one of the most popular here in Cataluña – Schweppes soft drinks which is a well known brand, and then like any all inclusive hotel the spirits are of course house brands. If you would have preferred named brands then we do have these available at a small supplement from 2.00-3.00€.
The buffet temperatures are monitored and controlled, like any buffet the food is never piping hot but is at the temperature it is required to be for health and safety, we understand that guest my prefer this hotter and therefore offer the use of a microwave if required, apologies you did not feel this was adequate.
I myself and the hotel guest relations is constantly around the hotel, and available to speak with, I can only apologies you did not feel it necessary to bring your upset to our attention.
Once again thank you for your comments and apologies for your dissatisfaction, the Villamarina is a 3* family orientated all inclusive hotel 100% to the UK and Irish market trying to offer value for money affordable family hotels in the current climate
Anyone who has any concerns with the above review please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly

Reviewed June 26, 2013

To all you people that went at half term and moaned there was a lot of kids what did you expect at a family hotel at HALF TERM time?
The hotel was great food was nice yes there were some rude people but there were more nice friendly people then rude.
Can't please some people

Room Tip: I would defiantly recommend room with terrace not a balcony if you have small children.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole N
VillaMarinaSalou, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Villamarina Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thanks for the five stars it really means a lot to us to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.