“Attitude”

Ohtels Vil.la Romana
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Have just returned from Hotel Vil-la Romana. The rudest reception staff I have ever encountered. The bathroom towels were grey threadbare and very smelly. Convenient sockets in bedrooms at an all time low.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Marian C
Raul C, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Mary Margaret,

We are both perfectly aware of what happened. Therefore I don’t think you should describe the reception in that manner.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just back after spending a week half board at Hotel Vil-la Romana with my husband, 9 yr old daughter, brother, his wife and their 2 yr old daughter. Had a fantastic time and loved the hotel and location. The hotel itself is spotless and staff are very friendly. I would consider myself a fussy eater but I was able to find more than enough food every night with a great selection to choose from including fresh stir frys and plenty of meats. Breakfast was the same with fresh pancakes and omelettes made while you wait.
The animation team are fantastic and did an amazing job working day and night making sure everyone was entertained.
The location of the hotel is great, just a 5 min walk to beach and shops and 10 min walk to portaventura.
The rooms in this hotel are fine and our request while checking in for a pool view room was met , the only negative thing I would say is the beds are awful.
All in all it was a great family holiday and only wish we had of booked for 2 weeks. Def recommend this hotel. Having now stayed in salou 3 times in 3 different hotels I would only ever return to this hotel, looking forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kellie-b85

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for dedicating the time to write your comments about our hotel. Your opinion is very important to us so that we can improve every day. I hope you will think of us when booking your next visit to Salou.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

first time in salou ,requested a pool veiw room and request was met.lovely big room.entertainment
team were fab ,always had a smile on there faces,there is no problems with sun beds ,there was always plenty we went down for breakfast at 10 o clock and still found plenty of beds,food is okay managed to find something to eat most nights, the italian theme night was best for us.but you must not forget you are in spain so you are not going to get english products unless you go out of hotel and have something to eat.great location go out of hotel turn right then left then right again,beach is ten minutes away, found a couple of english bars that do good food and drinks are at a good price one pub especially the brown cow,weather was red hot for this time of year except on last day when we had a down pour

Room Tip: pool veiw room for sunshine on your balcony in afternoon
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 123dave2013
Raul C, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel six years ago and although the room was burgled at that time the hotel was very good so we decided to return to Salou and stay here again. My wife and I are in our 60's and we took our son & his girlfriend who are 19 & 20. They wanted to do the Portaventura theme park.
The hotel is still a decent standard place to stay in a good location. It is kept very clean (as is most of Salou), the facilities (pools,bars,restaurant,etc) and surrounding areas are well kept and pleasing to the eye. Almost all the staff are pleasant and helpful but there were unfortunately one or two who were not. I had an unpleasant experience with a blonde receptionist (Irana ?) I simply asked if someone could fix the bath/shower tap control which was broken and let me have a plug for the bath in room 2111. She was very surly and told me that I could go and buy one! That this wasn't her problem and was managements responsibility!
I couldn't believe what I'd heard and thought she must not have understood me properly so I spoke to Danni the Thomson rep.who immediately went to see the receptionist with me. Danni was also met with a very negative response and apologised for the receptionist's attitude.
However within 10minutes Danni had sorted the problem. Thank you Danni.
The rooms were ok although the beds and pillows were on the hard side,but Danni to the rescue once again and the pillows were replaced to our satisfaction.
The food was plentiful with a wide variety on offer but I feel the quality sometimes suffered because of the amount being made available.
Nightly entertainment was great for the kids who were well catered for by the animacion team, but for the adults there is only so many jugglers/acrobats you can take in a week. The Michael Jackson show was good.
I think that recession and inevitable cut backs have taken their toll on this hotel, and the little niggles that we encountered prevent it from being a true 4 star hotel. But its all fixable !! If the management take note

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area offer pleasant views but are noisy during daytime. Rooms on the othe...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Ken S
Raul C, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your observations.

Concerning the plug situation, I would like you to know that I spoke to both Danni and the receptionist about it together. It is clearly a misunderstanding as the receptionist was not aware that she could send up the plug and while Danni was speaking to you, the receptionist got in contact with the technician who then took it straight up to the room. When Danni came back to reception, the receptionist told her it had been sorted.

So I am very sorry about the misunderstanding.

I appreciate all of your comments and I hope to see you again

Kind regards

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Here now and after reading some of the other reviews i was dreading it! I shouldnt have bothered! Its fine. Ok, some of the staff look less than pleased to be here, but its hot n guests are not always that pleasant! I for one have found them lovely! Foods great n we r fussy veggies! Drinks good price, its a good location n why people r moaning about sunloungers i will never know, theres loads!! All in all great! Thompsons reps really good!
Tip of the day for u! U only get one room card obv when u go out power to room goes off! Put a boots or blockbuster or any old carx in the slot n the aircon n fridge stays on! I must say will only do this on v hot days!! Lol
but honestly i have fairly high standards n this hotel is good for me!! Enjoy!:-)

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Tfitzpell
Raul C, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for dedicating the time to write your comments about our hotel. I hope we can discus about your comments while you are here, I will be pleased to meet you.
Regards

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Villa romana! Fab hotel, we go as a family of 4 every year for 2 weeks, got to know a lot of the staff as they keep the same staff every year. Firstly when u get to the hotel the book in is a tad annoying as u have to wait a few hours for your room, Abib will happily let you put your cases down in the basement tho so u can carry on with you day.
We spent our first day at the pool catching up with pepito & camilo. Met fany and tony who we didn't meet the previous years. A bit gutted that bonbon had been moved but we knew this :) we caught up with him at villa dorada.
Our reps Lucy & danni were brill, they booked our excursions for us. We went on the jeep safari, portaventura, decades and house of illusions. All done previously too and highly recommended :)
The kitchen staff are so friendly and helpful, juan head chef is fantastic, can see he's done a great job with his staff. Henry's omelettes in the mornings are delish! Nataly & Maria estelle are great girls to look out for :)
Only problem I have with the hotel and its been the same every visit is that the reception day staff are very rude and arrogant especially michaela! No customer service skills at all.

• Stayed: August 2013
Raul C, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for leaving your positive opinion and we hope to see you soon again. We take note about your comments and work on it.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have just returned back to the cold UK after spending 10 Days/nights at the Hotel Vil-La Romana and just wanted to comment on what a fantastic hotel it is. The animatio team are brilliant and a credit to the hotel, the food was amazing with so much choice every day that even satisfied my fussy two teenagers and the place was kept amazingly spotless even when it was really busy.
My only negative comment is that a lot of sunbeds are "reserved" very early in the morning and not used until late afternoon even though there are signs around the hotel saying its not allowed... but we always found a good sunny spot :) and did giggle at the reservers running out to gather their towels when it poured it down with rain on our third day...
apart from that we would definitely recommend booking and staying here and we hopefully will return next year. This really is a gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: rooms not facing the pool get great views of the port aventura fireworks every night
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank niklo77
Raul C, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks thinking in us for your next visit to Salou.
Waiting to see you soon.
Regards.