2,211 results
All reviews half board bar staff every night pool area lovely hotel tea and coffee making facilities the michael jackson tribute small fridge plenty of choice plenty of sunbeds evening entertainment branded drinks animation team aqua aerobics emailed the hotel great holiday high floor
Selected filters

Check in was easy.
Our room (541) was was a bit tired but had a nice view of the pool area
The bathroom really needed a deep clean.
Food was just ok and most of the time needed re heating.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Not far from shops and a short walk to promenade.
Would say it is more suited to families rather than couples.

Date of stay: July 2019
Thank Barry and Lesle... K
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went on a 10 day family holiday with my husband, 8 month old baby and my parents and on first arrival we were given one of the Family Suites and my parents were put in the room opposite which was fantastic, the rooms are so modern and spotless with a kitchenette area and 2 bedrooms.
The breakfast is fantastic, choice is brilliant with every hot and cold option and it is buffet. Javier always has a welcome for us and was very friendly. There is plenty of staff clearing constantly and it is very well organised. Massive restaurant that must hold at least 1000 people but you don’t feel it as it is so well organised. Dinner is really reasonable €12.50pp and it’s buffet also, great quality and food fresh and during my stay food was always different and plenty of options for all tastes.
The pool area of which there is 7 pools is fab and plenty of seats available. Pool area very clean and lifeguards on duty.
The reception team, what can I say only thank you, you were all absolutely inspirational and so kind, unfortunately 3 days before we were due to fly home my mum, who suffers with arthritis and had been suffering with pain got up from bed and her leg just went from under her, my dad came across to my room and got me and mum was in a lot of pain on the floor and we could not get her up. I went down to the reception and spoke to Ruben, an absolute gem, he advised me on where to go and ordered a taxi for us to get there, they had a wheelchair in the hotel so Ruben got it for me and we managed to get my mum up off the floor into the wheelchair. The taxi brought us to A&E in University Hospital Jose in Tarragona and our worst fears came through, my mum had broken her hip. The day before we were due to fly home I spoke to Jacqueline and Ana, 2 more superstars on the reception team, regarding extending our stay until the following weekend and they organised this for us. My mum had the surgery on the day we were to leave, my husband and baby flew home and myself and my dad shared one of the family suites which was ideal as they have 2 rooms so we were able to check out of one of the rooms. I stayed an extra week and even though I know they had full capacity they somehow managed to accommodate us in the same room. I then left as I’d to come home but my mum and dad had to stay and the hotel were so good to my dad. My mum developed an infection in wound following surgery and my dad couldn’t confirm how long it would be before they could come home. Literally 4 weeks later my mum is back in the hotel at the minute and is able to fly home on Tuesday. Each of the staff especially Javier, Ruben, Ana and Jackie were so so kind and always asked about my mum and genuinely cared. I never told the staff in Golden Port but I am HR manager in hotels at home and if some of my team got reviews like this I would go out of my way to ensure they were rewarded so I hope that this is the case for the staff mentioned above because they do deserve it. Well done to everyone and I will be back next year.

Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank EdelM59
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice hotel great location to beach and tourist shops which there are plenty of, which makes a nice evening out for walks.
Overall nice hotel few areas to improve on but generally a pleasant, safe and relaxing time.
There are two bars (one is main area where shows are) and the other is quite bar (modern surroundings and snacks during day). Lots of little pools dotted around the hotel and there is also a small indoor pool with a jacuzzi (although could do with heat being turned up). Two residential blocks one is family suite above the new bar which is updated rooms and the other above the reception which is slightly dated but decent sized rooms.
We stayed on a lower ground room which overlooked sunbeds not too bad as we got to reserve our space early on to have some privacy during the day for our balcony.
Showers are brilliant and there is a fridge and kettle in the room with a working air on just make sure the sliding door is correctly shut for it to work. Beds are not so comfortable and could do with improving. Housing keeping are on top form always ready to clean and tidy for you.
Quick access to shops is through the new fancy bar just need to use your room key to get back in.
Oh and on all inclusive some branded drinks and magnums!! Slightly confusing around extras you have to pay for should you choose other drink or snack options.
Tourist tax paid at hotel, you have to pay for towels for sunbeds and safe key...slightly annoying when you pay all inclusive.
Anyway food- decent lots of choice and variety each day (7 day holiday) brilliant service and tasty and glass bottles for drinks - nice touch. Only grump was good never being hot and always warm, had to use microwave a few times.
Reus airport to this hotel is about 15/20 mins and the airport is fairly small so not much duty free and things to do whilst waiting.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Girls weekend.stayed 4 days.great location minutes from shops,bars a beautiful beach.fabulous hotel.staff efficient proffessional and welcoming.all staff well spoken English however I like to try to learn spanish.ideal for families couples friend groups.no rowdiness.meticulously clean.food out of this world.great price on drinks or glass wine 2 euros.great wine too.. I know.thankyou golden port for a fabulous stay.will deffinately recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my partner.Check-in was quick, had to pay tourist tax which was expected. Room wasn't ready so we went for a walk and then it was. The hotel reception was lovely bright and air Conditioned and clean.Room was spotless.The bathroom was big and had a good shower.The room was quite dated and didn't have a small bin. The air conditioning was good and we enjoyed sitting out on the balcony watching the sunset.Breakfast was lovely.The maitredee Xavier I think his name was, was really welcoming and friendly.It was a buffet style breakfast where you could have fruit, yoghurt, cheeses, cold meats, cereals, breads, eggs,bacon, beans etc along with omlettes and pancakes. There was a coffee machine and juices and you could treat yourself to some champagne if you wished.I enjoyed the gluten free cereal and bread. We didn't have lunch in the hotel so cannot comment but dinner was lovely,again it was a buffet. The food was nicer some nights. There was a rice dish,pizza, chips, meats, veg and potatoes and plenty of salad options. Desert was nice with a good selection of cakes, pastries, rice pudding, waffles and ice reams. The hotel is in a good location, near to many emeneties. Will definitely be back and recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebeccab1231xx
goldenhotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Golden Port Salou & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Rebeccab1231xx,

On behalf of the manager and the rest of the team we would like to thank you for sharing you positive experience you have had here with us at the Golden Port Salou & Spa.
This is a big reward to our daily work as the satisfaction of our guests is the most important thing for us.

We are pleased to hear that you are already thinking of returning. See you soon we hope.

Kind regards,