“don't go out of season!”
Review of Las Vegas Hotel

Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed her the 12th to the 19th of May. It was just me and my boyfriend. Great location and room was nice (though the bathroom door is made of cloudy glass and doesn't lock)! The main pool was nice, good view of the beach, though not a lot of beds and it wasn't even in season and they would all be gone if you hadn't saved one.
Stayed on the second floor at the end of the corridor view of the sea, pool and front of hotel which was good!
Food was okay, not much choice, I usually find something I like each day but really struggled.
breakfast was horrible! It varied of eggs (Scramed, fried or boiled) Bacon, beans and some sort of sausage. I had toast and beans and an apple most days. Dinner was better but I still struggled.
You are assigned a seat for dinner but around half way through we arrived to find another couple in ours, it turned out that the table had been assigned to 2 other groups?? FAIL!
The entertainment was rather crap but it was the start of the season to be fair!
Most of the other guests were spanish which was unfortunate.
I would maybe return to this hotel in the middle of july when I know there are other British guests and better entertainment!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisamcewanx
There are newer reviews for Las Vegas Hotel

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am just back from a 5 night stay at the Las Vegas Hotel.

Good Points
Good Value for money

This hotel is lovely and is in a superb location. Two minute walk from the beach, pubs and restaurants but far away that you cant hear all the clubbers out.

The meals were lovely and there was a good variety to choose from.

The rooms are cleaned every day and if you wish your towels changed they were more than happy to do this.

Bad points
If you put any special requirements don't expect the staff to look at these. We requested a high room with a pool view. We ended up with a room on the first floor at the back of the hotel.

You are told when you are to have your dinner. There are two sittings - 7pm and 8.30pm. We were given the 8.30pm time and were not given the choice to change this.

Although meals are included (if you are half or full board) you still need to buy drinks at dinner time.

When you leave the room I would advise to hide the patio door key as the cleaners always left the door unlocked. Although nothing happened to us, anyone could have got into our room if they wanted to.

Entertainment was okay but could have been a bit better.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jac_killie1981
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here from the 25th of May - 1st of June 2013. I can honestly say it was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in - immaculate, friendly and bang on location. Less than a two minute walk from the centre of town, but far away enough from any unwanted noise. It had everything we needed, nice pools, decent food, friendly staff and lovely rooms. I would without doubt recommend this hotel to anyone of any age group as it is amazing value for money and you cannot go wrong :-)

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank AimeeRebbecca
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Arrived early morning, room was ready clean and tidy. We had asked for top floor pool view, they give us third floor view of next doors not so good pool, we did not complain.Clean towels daily.Aircon.Tv in room 88 channels but only 2 english.Gym and childrens club.
All the staff reception ,cleaners, bar staff and maintenance very pleasant and very good at their jobs.The restaurant was very clean bit crampt plenty of different food.My only complaint was a lot of the food bacon etc was not cooked enough for me. Good choice of salads and other dishes. The entertainment was not very good this did not bother us because the weather fine we were near to the beach and town so we went out.
They had a nice sun terrace, three pools not many umberellas but plenty of trees to shade us.
We wer located in a good spot near to shops,bar and beach.
But the down side our end of hotel had a night club next door and on weekends was very noisy both form club and appartments next door, this wet on until 6 am. If you stay ask for front of house room.Finally the bar was good beer 2.4 euro. prices in the bars outside between 1 and 3 euro.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2013

we went to this hotel 2 years ago and had a great time.
we have just returned after another visit and things have not changed.
still great food and very friendly staff.we took our 7 year old grandson and the bar staff
and dining room manager new him straight away and made a fuss of him every day.
with nothing too much trouble.you know that its something special when you enter the hotel as the
entrance lobby is stunning.also we requested rooms with sea view that we got and first sitting
on evening meal which we also got so we were very satisfied.p s many thanks to cleaning staff
who left the rooms spotless every day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shirty_10
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here in April, and i have to agree with AoifeSmid, the staff are the most unwelcoming & unfriendly bunch of people i have ever met, Hotel is stunning - but bricks and funiture cannot replace politeness - a smile goes a long way, it does not cost to be nice. Shirty_10 tripadvisor is a place we all express our opinions and everyone is entitiled to theirs, dont be so quick to judge others holidays on your own experience unless you were there you can not comment on whether this reviewer is hard to please, so in future think before you post.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wow was very impressed with Las Vegas hotel think this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in , very clean and loved the decor in reception area and on each floor, the cleaners where very friendly and our room got cleaned everyday . So close to shops and pubs and the beach we had a room at back of hotel which was a bit noisy during the night but this is hardly the hotels fault. One complaint would be that the pool was freezing so couldn't have a swim. Food was AMAZING you would need to be really fussy to have a complaint about the food. There were a lot of elderly guests I guess this was because in was early in the season, I will certainly be recommending this hotel to my friends this was our first trip to Salou and would deffo go back to this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a room at front of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple