Hotel Best Mediterraneo
Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre(Salou)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Breakfast included
$630
$93
  • Pool
Sol Costa Daurada(Salou)(Great Value!)
$105
$98
Melia.com
$122
  • Breakfast included
Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace(Salou)(Great Value!)
$101
$86
  • Pool
All reviewsski hutjust returned from our second visitevery nightpool areamain stretchtransport linksbus stopbuffet breakfastbooked last minuteinternet accessdefinitely return to this hotelhalf boardevening entertainmenthot plateall inclusivecooked freshnice pool
Reviewed August 16, 2014

tAll the staff were very hard working and pleasant "They now know how to make an english cup of tea" I had a bit of a run in with the "director" but this was sorted and his attitude was much more pleasant. The room very clean and there was abundant hot water all the time. in our room we had two quite comfortable double beds. The food was delicious well cooked and plentiful. We loved the theme night and contrary to other reviews there were several different dishes during the week served with the vast other usual selection. On arrival my daughter's toilet wasn't flushing but this was delt with immediately.
The hotel could benifit from a bit of a facelift outside and more light and updated furniture in the reception area as it is dim and dingy and I didn't feel happy to stay but once past this things were much better. My major concern was that we had a very young toddler in our party and the vertical railings on the balcony were easily climbed by him. The hotel is near the beach and shops and the buses stop very near and are very frequent.
we enjoyed our stay and would stay again. but please more umberellas round the pool us English burn easily!.

Room Tip: probably not facing the pool if you are a early to bed family as the entertainment doesn't finish till 12.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nazmaz
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for entrusting your holidays to our hotel! Your comments are highly appreciated; many thanks for your time. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially thank you for highlighting the tidiness in the hotel, our food and the hard work of our team. Those aspects is the core of our service as we try to offer our clients a memorable and enjoyable stay.

We take a note of your suggestions about the furniture, the illumination and the pool umbrellas.

With Best Regards,

Marcelino Gómez
Director

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed here the last week of July for 5 nights and found this a very pleasant hotel. The room was fine and clean and the food was ok, there could of been a little more choice but there was always something you could eat and it wasn't too bad just not overly hot. The staff were lovely and always happy to help in the restaurant and the girls on reception. The location of the hotel however is very misleading in brochures and how it is advertised on travel agents websites. The hotel is NOT situated right in the centre it is quite far out which we were very disappointed by. We are beach lovers and prefer the beach to the pool area when we are on holiday. The main beach was at least a 30 minute walk away which was very tiring to do everyday. There is however a smaller beach which is like a cove just down a bank from the hotel but this tends to be full of Spanish people and very cramped. The centre is also a 30 minute walk away from the hotel so I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you have trouble walking as it is a long walk back! Overall we had a very pleasant stay here and love Salou and if it wasn't for the location of the hotel we would definitely return to it.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Natasha484
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Reviewer, Many thanks for leaving your feedback. I am very glad to hear that our team as well as the services provided have left you a positive impression, delighted that you found our staff helpfull and friendly. I am a bit concerned that you feel to have been misled by the information provided, please accept our apologies for any inconvieniences experienced. We do hope that you will reconsider choosing our hotel for your future visits. Best Regards, Marcelino Gómez, Director

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just come back from a weeks break in Best Mediterraneo, we arrived at 11pm and they had laid on a cold sank meal for us.. Reception were friendly and polite. The all inclusive was great good selection of food and the staff were on top of the food all the time so you cannot sneak food out as mentioned in other reviews. The drinks on the all inclusive were great and you get a discount if you wanted to buy any other drinks like cocktails, i bought a bottle of wine with my dinner as the wine wasnt great and this was only 10 euros. The staff worked hard and were very helpful. Yes the hotel is full of Russians and Spanish, but if you dont like foreigners then dont go abroad. As we left lots of English family's started to come. The hotel is in a very noisy street and it was hard to get a good nites sleep. overall very pleased with my holiday

Room Tip: Pool side i think would be better
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank natalie_hawkey
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Natalie, Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to post your recent review. Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your holidays. I am glad you found our reception friendly and polite and they looked after you so well on the day of your arrival. I am sorry to hear you didn´t get a good night’s sleep, let us know in advance about your next arrival and we will organize a quieter room. Best Regards, Marcelino Gómez, General Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I arrived here on the 12th June with my partner, we came on holiday especially for my birthday. When we arrived at 8pm the receptionist said she did not have our reservation, after showing all my documents and receipts she finally booked us in a room. The next day when we had a query about the all inclusive (as she gave me NO information what so ever) I was told my reservation still wasn't there, I was told I had to ring the agency and find out what was going on... Now iv worked in hotels before, surely if iv provided my information the hotel should be the ones ringing around and not the guest? Anyway, I rang the agency I booked with who said they would email the reservation again, they just needed to speak to the manager, I asked the receptionist for the manager and she said "he's busy" and walked away... RUDE! Eventually I said to the receptionist they are emailing it across we will check it's done tomorrow. The next day. We went to double check everything was fine and she said they haven't emailed you need to call again, so as much as I didn't want spend my holiday on the phone I rang again... They said it would be with the hotel within an hour. Later that day we went to reception again and another staff member said they had received the reservation and it was for a day later so I thought that would be it, the hotel would ring and change it right? No! The next day after returning from the beach, I was locked out my room, I went down to reception and the lady explained what I already knew and said I need to ring to get the day change, I said ok iv just got back from the beach so I will have a shower and come down to ring, the lady's response "ring now or pay!" Huh? What? Absolute joke. After 4 days it was sorted, through no thanks to the hotel! I had to ring around and waste my holiday just because the hotel can't deal with a mix up themselves. As previous comments say, the hotel is full of Russians, they do not know how to form a queue, my advise to those already have booked, be rude back and push in (it's normal to them) and to anyone considering booking, dont!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank jodywiwczaryk
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

First of all please accept our apologies for not having fulfilled your expectations and not having given you enjoyable and pleasant holidays. I am sorry you had such a troubled check in. As far as I remember, the agency you used didn´t make a reservation for you and our reception had no information about your booking. However, as we had rooms available, we were able to check you in. I am sorry you felt the approach of our receptionist was rude, I am sure this was not her intention. I have taken your comments very seriously in the context given and will talk to my staff to ensure that they know how to deal with such situations in a better way. Thank you for leting us know how we can improve your experience and we will work to make your next stay perfect.

Regards,

Marcelino Gomez

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Arrived here on 17th June they checked us in very quick and even had a meal ready for us and we got to hotel at 10pm. Staff are friendly and polite. The entertainment is good, plenty of food to choose from we were all inclusive. There is a lot of Russians here but that did not bother us. The kids entertainment is good. Will be coming back to this hotel next year. Still here going home on Tuesday. Wish I booked for longer.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Mandy V
BestHotels2014, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Sirs,
We want to thank you for the time spent to share your experience at our hotel. We are pleased that, in general, you enjoyed your stay.
Also thank highlighting animation and food, because this is a point that we care a lot.
Hoping to seeing you next year.
Regards, Marcelino Gomez, Director.