“Great hotel”

Ranked #27 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have just returned from the Best Oasis park and had a wonderful time, no complaints rooms lovely and clean, good food, friendly staff a great hotel and good for a 3 star, do not know what some people want on our last night 2ladies stopped me and asked if I had eaten dinner which I replied yes and it was really nice, turkey potatoes broccoli follow by a sweet and cheese and biscuits they said all that they had was jelly, come off it what do some people eat at home there is so much to choose and all fresh some cooked in front of you, everything was fresh and good quality not like back home where most food is processed, I told a few people I had meet while on our holiday and told them what the ladies had said, they could not believe it as no one I talked to had a problem, we shall be returning next year, we are going to the Best Tenerife in November which is a 4 star so a lot more money but I would recommend The Oasis park to anyone and we have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shirley m
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the Oasis Park hotel on tripadvisor
Our best satisfaction is knowing that our guest have enjoyed their stay with us and they want to visit us again or any other hotel of the best chain.

Best regards from Salou and we hope tosee you again for your next holiday

Hotel Oasis Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 23, 2013

have been going to this hotel for the Last five years and love it, staff great especially the bar staff, and Danny. food good with lots of choice, great location with lots to do, all inclusive drinks good although no longer do san miguel which people i stayed with were not very happy about! Would recommend and will be going back another year.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank loujoshua
Dear customer

First of all we Would like to thank you for your kind comments about the hotel Oasis Park
Our goal is to satisfy all our customers in any details as best as we can.
Best regards from Salou and see you soon

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We came back just under a week a go from our stay at the best oasis hotel and I have to say from reading some of the reveiws before I went I was slightly nervous at what I might find but only minutes after getting there I was thinking the people who wrote the negative reveiws must have stayed in a different hotel to me! I found the staff lovely and helpful had a tiny bit of a problem with the language barrier when requesting an early breakfast for our check out day but another receptionist quickly stepped in and apologised for the misunderstanding and sorted it out tbh I think it was my northern accent to blame plus my habit of speaking quickly! I loved the food there and found something different to eat every day would definitely recommend the show cooking and as my partner and grandson are picky eaters I was a bit worried they wouldn't like anything but I needn't of because even the fussiest of eaters could find something and the food only becomes repetitive if you pick the same thing each day!! Service at the all inclusive bar was brilliant queues were delt with quickly and the barmen greet you with a friendly hola! We requested a middle floor pool side room as the middle floor and above have been renovated and the pool side is quieter on a night and we got what we asked for and the room was lovely and it was cleaned every day! Maybe it was the time of year we went but we had no problems getting a sun lounger my 5 year old grandson loved the pools especially one of the smaller ones. The mini kids club is exactly what it's advertised as but the dances they do with the kids are brilliant and kids don't seem to mind that they are in spanish and I think it's good for children to have a taste of other cultures plus they can't just cater for the English as there are lots of other nationalitys there too! Evening entertainment was good not fantastic but it certainly wasn't a let down! Overall we had a fabulous stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank garyngill
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear customer

We are very grateful for your very positive comments about the hotel Oasis Park.
Our best satisfaction is knowing that our guest enjoyed their stay with us and that they want to visit us again. On behalf of all the hotel team and myself,many thanks for your kind words

Best regards and see you soon

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

On arrival at the hotel it was lovely, the room was ready immediately the room over looked the pool area which was very nice. It was very noisy I think the wall was made out of paper or something you could hear every noise. the cleaners cleaned the rooms not too great standards though!! when they clean the corridors they do not put out cleaning signs! be careful I nearly slipped and when I went to complain the receptionist just looked at me no apology nothing. The food is not very good it's alright if you like Salad for your breakfast and boiled sausages, on a night it a bit better They serve hot dogs, burgers, fish and other meats at a separate counter then you have salad, chips chicken and other choices along with some really nice tasty deserts. I went all inclusive but not all drinks are included and last orders at the bar is 11:30pm, I think this is too early but there u go. the bar staff are very friendly and helpful. the hotel it's self is very big with 4 pools it has a large pool with 3 smaller pools. there is a hair salon, gym, sauna and Jacuzzi all located in the hotel itself with a little shop that sells hats, bags and little gifts. The entertainment on a night is ok but if you have children it's not good. The location was great lots of shops near by and it was about 5 minutes away from the beach. theres a lot of steep hills to go up and down especially down the side streets. the beach is very nice it goes on for miles and is very packed with people. u can by drinks and snacks on the beach too. the shops are nice and theres loads of them with nice souvenirs in. I would go back to Salou again but would go to a different hotel. The people in the hotel don't know much English so if you know a little Spanish you will be ok. but overall it was ok

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wildy_12
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for your review posted on tripadvisor.
We regret to know that we have not met your expectations and the levels of services that characterize our hotel. On another occasion, if you have any problems (food for instance), please contact our customer service department or direction, to try to improve your satisfaction
We can only hope that you may perhaps decide to visit us again in the future to see how we have amended the issues mentioned

Thank you and best regards from Salou

Bedlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Where do I start, first night we arrived we had to ask for a maintenance guy to sort out the fountain in our bathroom, also the wardrobe door was hanging off the runner which I must admit was quickly sorted.Our room was very scruffy and dated, after spending less than an hour in our room my wife decided to walk the streets to see if we could get another hotel for the remainder of our holiday, we did eventually find that the Salou Princess had rooms available at a cost of £750 for 6 nights which was a bit excessive for what you got as we stayed there last year, we eventually decided to put up with the Oasis as we didn't have much choice, we had to ask for the maintenance guy on 2 further occassions for dodgy locks on patio door, television problems, also our bathroom kept us awake on several occassions with the noise of pipes and water bubbling up in sink to cut a long story short it was an unpleasant stay and to top it off the food was rank and repetative......STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrianTurner2013
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your detailed comments for what seems to have been an accumulation of inaccuracies and missed opportunities during your stay with us.
We are very sorry to hear your disappointment in comparison to your previous visit and on the room we accommodated you in, however we would like to point out that we are pleased to take our guest’s wishes into consideration and offer an alternative accommodation whenever it is possible, this is why we strongly suggest for future occasions that you contact the reption whenever needed.

Regards

Hotel Oasis Park

Travelers are raving about these Salou hotels

Wales
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week all inclusive stay at the Oasis Park Hotel. First impressions were good, the reception staff were polite and helpful and our room was ready immediately.

We were situated on the 5th floor and our room was excellent, spotlessly clean and facing over the pool area. The room was cleaned and towels replaced daily. There was one morning when the maids tried to let themselves in at 9am when we were not dressed, which we thought was a bit early, so following that we placed the do not disturb sign on the door until we went out.

Despite reports on here regarding the food being poor, we found it to be the opposite. There was lots of choice for breakfast to suit all nationalities. The only complaint I would have is regarding the toaster, which was antiquated and took about 10 minutes to brown a piece of bread. There was always soup, fresh bread and a choice of pork, fish and chicken dishes, pasta, paella, chips, lots of salad and sometimes vegetables at both lunch time and evening meals. The puddings were not that special, but there were always ice creams and fresh fruit. There was also a chap cooking burgers and grilled meat to order on a separate counter and speciality evenings eg Mexican, British etc. Drinks were served by the waiters at both lunch and dinner.

The hotel entertainment in the daytime was not that dynamic, there was aqua aerobics at about 4 in the afternoon and some pool games for the children which were organised by the Spanish hotel entertainers. In the early evening there was a children’s disco, which was a bit repetitive, it involved the entertainers dancing along with the children to the same 4 or 5 Spanish songs every evening. The adult entertainment started from 10pm each evening and was quite good, including an excellent Bee Gees tribute band and karaoke evening, although there were a few too many acrobat type acts for our liking. All of the entertainment when we were at the hotel took place outside, which was pleasant. We found the bar staff to be polite and we rarely had to queue long for drinks. In fact they did very well to remain so polite considering the way that some nationalities, including their children spoke to them. The bar stopped serving all inclusive at around 11.30pm and then completely by 12. The bar staff were quite strict regarding clearing the bar by then.

We found the pool areas to be very clean and always managed to find loungers. There were always plenty of tables and chairs to sit at in the pool area, both during the day and in the evening. The all inclusive drinks were available from 10am until 11.30pm, there were restrictions – some drinks were not included and only cornetto ice creams were included. Anything else incurred a supplement. Daytime bar snacks of burger and chips and toasted sandwiches were available during the all inclusive hours, except when the meals were being served. In the morning, there were always croissants left over from breakfast which were available with coffee from behind the bar for those who’d missed breakfast.

We found the location of the hotel to be excellent, although in quite a busy area with bars, restaurants and shops, it was not too far from the beach and the bus service stops right outside the hotel for trips to Barcelona, Cap Salou, La Pineda, Cambrils and Port Aventura.

All in all we had an enjoyable two weeks

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SandyDWales
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear customer
Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotel Oasis Park
We really loved to hear hat you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Best regards from Salou and we hope to see you again for your next holiday

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We travelled her in may of this year. There was my husband and I and our 2 children aged 10 and 1. It was the worst holiday we have ever had, the food was awful and after a few days I just stopped going down. We took the kids out to eat every day just to make sure they had something. The food for kids was disgraceful especially for a 1 year old. There was absolutely nothing, she was expected to eat the same as the adults, under cooked msats, over cooked pasta etc. the cleaning staff were great and very honest. If they found money in the room it was left in front of tv. Bar staff were nice with the exception of 1 who was very miserable. I have noticed a few replies from the hotel about letting them know if they was a problem. We did let them know on numerous occasions and so dud other guests. We even complained to the Thomson rep a few times without any joy. I would never return to this hotel and certainly wouldn't reccomend it. I have holidayed 18-30's and stayed in better hotels

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Holidaymakermissy
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear family,

Thank you again for your comments.