“Stay away from these disastrous apartments”
Review of Font de Mar

Font de Mar
Ranked #58 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed July 21, 2009

The Font De Mar apartments as having a reception -- not true-- a bar -- not true-- an in house buffet restaurant-- not true, There was a run down unmanned reception with wires etc hanging from the walls. Thre was rubbish/dirt scattered all around the ground floor.,and although we were advised that the keys were to be collected from anotherf hotel after 10pm .we were NOT told that this hotel was in Salou and it would cost 20 euros in a taxi.My husband went to the hotel recommende while I sat in the street (im disabled) it wa sthen he was tols he had to go into salou to collect the keys only then to be sent back to the original hotel where he eventually collected the keys. He was asked for 100 euros deposit which he refused . We should have been paid to stay at these apartments. They were filthy.Locals told us that the apartments had been like this since 2007, They are advertised falsely.I have compalined but have not had a succesful reply.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Font de Mar

Reviewed September 19, 2008

When I booked this Appartment with lastminute.com I was never informed about the keys. They did not tell me that I have to collect the keys somewhere eles like fifteen minutes walk away up a steep hill. Not good when you are travelling with suitecases and children. They also did not inform me that there is no 24 hour reception. I did not see any cleaners. Room very small and cramped. Two ring oven. Tv did not work well. I will never stay there again, And I certainly do not recommend it, if you are travelling with suitecases and children.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Where do I start ? Does anybody work here ? No bar or resturant, noboby ever seemed to be on reception which caused problems getting your 100 euro deposit back. The rooms were small and cramped and I personally wouldn't let my dog sleep on the rank sofa bed. Basically the room is a studio layout with the other 2 beds are located in the kitchen area. So myself, my wife and 4 year old child slept here. During our 2 week stay the "cleaners" came in once, the only evidence of this was the beds were changed. The air conditioning didn't work, it just made noise ( lots of noise). I complained to our Budget Travel rep and was told they would check it out, but nothing happened.The pool area was small enough with a limited number of beds and one corner was smelly due to the large wheelie bins just outside the wall. I found the morning was quiet at the pool but in the afternoon it really filled up, mostly with Spanish holidaymakers and locals. Some use the pool, with its easy access to the road from the nearby beach, as a place to wash off the sand and maybe have a dip on the way home from the beach. At least the weather was good!!!

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank RebelCork
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We arrived at this hotel at 19.45hrs to find that the reception is never manned, there's no information /map up in the entrance to show people how to locate the building where the keys are held. Consequently it took us (with baggage) nearly an hour to find this building and get the keys.It's quite a distance away and not easy to find, no-one seems to understand English and the local people aren't particularly friendly. ( Our travel agent had told us the building was next door to the Font de Mar !). 100 euros was demanded as deposit - no deposit ,no room ! We weren't advised of this and it wasn't in our paperwork - it won't be the manager said ,it's his rule apparently ! On getting to our room it was only just being cleaned and once in (at 22.00hrs) we found a bed was broken and couldn't be used,the cooker rings didn't work ( no coffee/tea then) and the air conditioning unit later poured out water down the wall by the electric sockets. On trying to sort out our problems ,those working for the hotel didn't understand English. We made it a reasonable holiday but there was lots (too much to mention ) of unnecessary hassle. Generally ,Cap Salou is a quiet resort ,with little entertainment,but you can travel about on public transport to Salou and various places ,it's regular and frequent but using it is generally an unfriendly horrible experience. We won't be going back !

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank minniemouseBristol
Reviewed August 11, 2007

I stayed in these apartments last May. I had booked a last minute deal with a cheap travel agent so i really wasnt expecting much. Also im a student and im not used to luxurious accomadation or anything. I have never written on Trip Advisor before but i had to just to tell everyone about this hellhole!!

There is never anyone at reception and when there is they are highly unhelpful. Also you must leave an indemnity deposit and the day we were due to get it back, there was conveniently no receptionist in sight and we all had to wait around hours to get it back making us late for check in at the airport(even then they were reluctant)

However, the 2 worst aspects of this complete dive were the bloodstained sheets and the industrial staples sticking out of the walls. I doubt our room was even cleaned b4 our arrival or surely someone would have noticed our splattered sheets.

Also, if the brochure says there is a TV its a lie!!

I really am not one of these serial complainers but plaese be warned, we got a portion of the cost refunded to us after this saty because even the cheap, careless travel agent we booked with could not defend this property.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank star1984
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Apartments had no one working at reception. had to contact another hotel 15 mins away for keys, no one spoke english, no cleaners came to the room during the week, had to wash our own towels, the sheets were not changed, had to supply own toilet paper, floors were not cleaned, not restaurant or bar facilities. Very run down.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank merron
Reviewed July 14, 2007

This hotel has no 24 hour reception, snack bar or restaurant as stated. It looks very much like this hotel is being run down to accomadate private sales to spanish people. The keys have to be picked up some 15 min walk away at another hotel, We couldn't get into the room until 16:30 on our arrival day and with no where to leave our cases it wasn't a good start to our holiday. when we needed to check out the receptionist didn't turn up until 09:30 when he should have opened at 9am. We nearly missed our transport to the airport. The supplier of the rooms is in Cambril a resort some 4 miles away. They also demand a 100euro deposit per room although this was not stated before my arrival in my terms and conditions. There is no maid service, but there is a washing machine to wash towels and the air conditioning is a plus.
The patio window was badly cracked in our room and the first night the hob blew the mains electric. Other people staying reported water leaks and the lifts breaking down with them in it.
I was misold this room as i had my 70 year old mother on this holiday with me it would have been good for her to sit by the pool with snack bar facilities. This hotel is more suited to single sex parties and not families.

Stayed: July 2007