All reviews la pineda bar staff late arrival flamenco dancers water park pool area salad meal times short walk to the beach show cooking bit dated kids disco great holiday visited this hotel snack bar the hotel is clean most nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed 5 nights half board.
Staff were friendly and helpful. Especially 2 in particular.

Food was satisfactory and plenty of it. You're in a different country...it's not going to be the same as UK obviously. We didn't go hungry put it that way. Something there for everyone. One thing I really didn't like was the bacon... I've been to Spain before and it was same then too. It's too raw tasting. But there was plenty other breakfast items to choose from.

Pool was clean and well maintained. The man with the leaf blower at 6am every day was a little ott like the husband wasn't happy at being woke up haha. Ear plugs of you're a light sleeper maybe.

Rooms absolutely fine. We had a nice view of pool, cleaning took place every day. Was definitely not dirty.

Cocktails of the day were 3euros which is a bargain.

All in all canny stay.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelesBest, Manager at Hotel Best Sol D'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dera Claire R,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience of Best Sol Dor with other TripAdvisor viewers.
It is very encouraging when our guests take the time to share their enjoyable experiences with us. Day by day we strive to exceed guests expectations and it is encouraging that our efforts are noted. Your feedback is very important to us and all your comments are taken into consideration.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our hotel in the future.

Regards

The Hotel Management

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately this was not a great hotel
We arrived at the hotel at about 1.45pm to be told our room wasn't ready but it would be ready in 20 minutes so we popped to the bar for a drink while we waited we went back to reception after 30 minutes to be told it still wasn't ready it took over an hour so not best pleased anyway we got into the room ... very basic but clean.
Breakfast....eat out...we were so disappointed bacon not the best sausages werent cooked there wasn't much else on offer so we had toast the next day tried again had to wait for plates no cups...cold beans and I mean they were freezing scrambled eggs looked like they'd been there for a week they were that dry we ate out after that a lovely British bar around the corner called legends do a gorgeous big breakfast for €6 and the staff are lovely
We didn't spend much time in this hotel there were kids screaming contantly day and night I understand they are on holiday but no parents in sight this was everytime when we came back and waited for the lift they would be running in and out just screaming.
The last thing was the maids as we were out in salou visiting my brother we had some late nights back we put the don't disturb sign on the door but it didn't make a difference we were woken every morning at 8.15 by the maids knocking on the door and it wasn't just once they would knock about 3 times unfortunately I wouldn't return to this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelesBest, Manager at Hotel Best Sol D'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Karen t,

Thank you for having chosen our Best Sol D'Or and for taking the time to review your recent experience with us.
It is unexpected for us to learn that you have such a bad impression of our services and facilities. I assure you, this feedback has already discussed with our staff and management team alike and all necessary measures will be taken.

Hotel Management

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Check in was slow. My fathers credit card has a loose chip so explained you have to manually type in the long card number. Staff member kept ignoring him and tried to use chip and pin several times before going as my father had said in the beginning.

Our room was tiny. I booked two double rooms and a family room. My brother, who had a double room to himself, had a bigger room than that given to myself, my husband and 2 kids and we paid €300 more for ours.

Reception staff were horrifically rude thtoughout the stay with the exception of man.
I tried to book a boat tour one day for myself and children. My mother had already done so through reception a half hour before hand for herself and my father. I was told they were too busy to do this even though I had qued for 10 minutes and this trip was advertised in reception. My mother went back out and had to book it for me. I look young for 30 so was basically dismissed by staff at a glance.

Food in resteraunt was not good. We only had breakfast but was very disappointing. The buffet was also chaotic with no clean cutlery or plates. We had prepaid for the week but did not go back.

The pool area was fantastic for kids. It looks just as good as the pictures. It was kept very clean and plenty of sun beds.

The bar staff were lovely. So friendly and helpful. We had no fridge and they would give me a bottle of warm milk for my son every night.

Hotel is in a great location. Short walk from beach and restaurants.

I don't think I would return but had an overall good experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelesBest, Manager at Hotel Best Sol D'Or, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for giving us your detailed opinion.

All rooms have the same size. The price varies depending on the number of people who occuped the rooms.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Kind regards

Hotel Management

Reviewed August 16, 2019

There shouldn’t be a ‘Best’ in this hotels name.

Prior to our arrival, I had asked for the two rooms to be placed next to each other. We were given an adjoining room (room number 517 A & B) which sounded good at first. The location of the room was good, lift was about 10 steps away, lovely views over Salou. My only fault was the air conditioning- which was terrible. The air conditioning was in the HALLWAY and there was no air flow to either hotel room. The reception had no fans to rent/hire so we had to fork out money and buy fans from the local market. The rooms were a bit dated, although they were clean.

The cocktails were RUBBISH- tasted like orange juice. Most bar staff would either ignore you or walk past you 4-5 times before actually serving you.
Food was average, always something there for everyone and had a show grill every night with plenty of choices of meat or fish.

The entertainment was Spanish orientated and wasn’t much English at all, as most hotels have a minute of entertainment. The hotel staff didn’t know much English either which could be a pain at times.

The hotel itself is in a good location, 5 minute walk from the beach, 15 minute taxi to Portaventura and a 10 minute walk to the water park. There is also a English run bar right around the corner called Ann’s Legends... the cocktails are MUCH better there.

Overall it’s a cheap hotel for a last minute family holiday... but I wouldn’t call it the BEST.

Date of stay: August 2019
HotelesBest, Manager at Hotel Best Sol D'Or, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for your kind words and having spent your time to pass us your impressions.
Thank you very much for your detailed comments for what seems to have been an accumulation of inaccuracies and missed opportunities during your stay with us.

We take note and try to verify everything you mention in order to improve everything under deficiency.

Kind Regards,

The Hotel Management

Reviewed August 11, 2019

arrived and got sorted promptly
asked for two rooms next to each other even better two rooms on top of turret linked by hallway but shared bathroom rooms a bit dated as is furniture and fittings but clean and tidy
air conditioning dreadful almost non effective as its in the hallway and they assume it will chill hall bath and two large bedrooms believe me its crap
asked to hire a cooling fan err no we dont have them
can i hire one locally ....no
had to buy a oscillating fan from shop 20 euros well worth it probably cheaper than hire and left it there
location great beach 5 mins away good bars locally
food good always something decent no kids section though if your fussy eater its not for you
other guests Russian and Spanish rule this roost entertainment its focused to the Spanish both can be arrogant and pushy so if you dont like to mix with them dont go

tv only 1 channel in English if you go buy a fire stick or google stick use the wi-fi

pool area good opens at 10 am has a smaller pool area with kids water slides great all supervised

Bar again Spanish oriented you have to be pushy to get served just shout out to get served drinks ok all inc cocktails rubbish

on the whole its a cheap hotel good food great location only two other English families in the whole hotel

Room tip: we had a great room 517 A & B but air conditioning is rubbish
Date of stay: August 2019
HotelesBest, Manager at Hotel Best Sol D'Or, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear guest,

We are sorry to read that your experience with us was not satisfactory. In summer time a lot of spanish family come to Best Sol DOr and our entertainement speaks more than 1 language. We are sorry if you did not like our facilities and services and we will take your opinion into account.

Kindest regards,