“Excellent Hotel”

H10 Salauris Palace
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at H10 Salauris Palace last year. We were given a corner room which was huge, there were 4 beds which made things so much more comfortable. It felt a little more special for my birthday. Returning this year for my 21st so will hopefully get the same room.

Breakfast is great, however, when cooking an omelette the chef needs to pay more attention. She was very busy however she gave me an uncooked omelette. She folded it but the entire middle was completely raw. So after queuing I had to get something else. Like I said, this is quite minor as she was busy and the rest of the food was a high standard.

Dinner was good as well, except the choice of fruit and vegetables. Some nights there were no vegetables, the rest there was only a choice of two which never seemed to go well with the main dishes on offer. Overall the meals were nice and there was always something even for fussy eaters.

Drinks were reasonably priced and well presented when served. Entertainment was great, lots of variety and the entertainment staff were very enthusiastic.

Hotel was spotlessly clean, lovely staff, very friendly. Overall an excellent hotel.

We are looking forward to returning in September.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica M
yossu, Public Relations Manager at H10 Salauris Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Goodafternoon,we would like to thank you for you comment,we will take notice.We will be happy to see you soon again.Kind regards.

There are newer reviews for H10 Salauris Palace

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Very large hotel with 6 floors and 700 rooms. Even out of season (we went for 2 nights on May 3rd) the hotel was very busy but the only queues were at dinner. We were half board and agreed that the food could have been improved, but for a short stay, we had plenty of choice albeit often cold and overcooked food. For both breakfast and dinnner there is a huge choice on offer but it just lacked some freshness about the produce such as replacing tinned items with fresh - I think a 4* should merit this. Tip for getting a half decent coffee at breakfast: from the coffee machine (would be 30 to a queue at least in full season as the massive restaurant has 3 coffee vending machines): mix the hot milk with a 'cortado' to get a reasonably nice coffee - otherwise get your caffeine fix from the restaurant as it is from the Italian style maker.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that this hotel is really great. I think if I was staying FB for a week I would have gone out for dinner most of the time so I wouldn't recommend it for that. I would recommend it for B+B as you get value for money.

As for the location, well there are some roadworks just outside the hotel at the moment around the pavements so right now I would say wheelchair users may find it a bit tricky but not impossible. It does add a slightly ugly element to the immediate hotel surroundings but then you're not there to look at the pavement so what does it really matter?

The beach is a 10 minute walk away and has an array or restaurrants, shops and bars to choose from, but difficult to find a typical Catalan eatery if that tickles your fancy. Anyhow, we go for the gambas a la plancha and puntillas (grilled prawns and baby squid) and were not disappointed at the seafront as plenty of fish to choose from.

I had never been to Salou before and was expecting a much more 'Blackpool' type feel to it. I was pleasantly surprised and out of season (no, I don't like really busy, busy, busy) would happily return. Salou has very wide promenades for just walkers and also provides a cycle path so pedestrian access is plentiful and also very nicely alligned with trees, flowers and coloured light fountains. The promenade area is very tasteful and as you head to the port there are many Spanish, and I have to say, much less tourist-tat restaurants and shops to choose from.

The beach is long, has showers and areas with sunloungers to hire but can't comment on the price. There are a few 'chiringuitos' (beach bar huts) dotted around the beach and a really nice cup of white wine is about 2 euros and you get the view for free so well worth a try.

If you want to go shoe or clothes shopping whilst in the area, it was recommended to me by the local receptionist to head for the centre of Reus as there is a lot of choice and all the shops are located in the same area.

Back to the hotel - the hotel is a 5 minute or so walk away from the bus stop returning to the aiport - just ask at reception or at tourist information and a single is 6.15 euros and a return around 10 euros. Out of season (!), the bus is an EXCELLENT idea for the airport run, especially if you are a couple because the taxi in May 2012 costs 29.00 for a single trip! The bus also leaves you directly at the hotel on route from the ariport when you arrive and for us, was the first stop in the area of Salou meaning we got off the plane at 10.10 and were in resort by 11.15. But remember, this would all be a much longer process in July or August!

The steam room and sauna were excellent but the indoor pool was tiny. Ping pong and the gym were a treat, as was the rooftop terrace with a pretty cool view of the area from the 6th floor and a jaccuzi tub thrown in! Your spa experience is included in the price of any room but to swim in the indoor pool you must wear a swimming cap - can be bought from the spa receptionist for about 2 euros.

Reception staff were friendly and gave us a pool view room when I asked for one at no extra charge. Rooms are fab; large, super clean, come with a free safe and free air-conditioning and mini bar or frdge at extra cost - don't know how much. Each room has a hair dryer in the bathroom. Lots of quality towels are provided and the beds were enormous, very comfortable and pilllows excellent. You will get a really good night's sleep here.

Never been to a hotel wehere I can say the lifts are really col - won't say anymore but leave them as a little surpsise for you.

Hmm? What else? Swimming pool huge and yes, cold at the beginning of May at around 17 degrees but we swam in it and it was lovely. You get waiter service at the pool and are not obliged to tip but I have to say the boys are brilliant and very friendly. Entertaiment at night is scheduled on a board near the bar but we didn't really use it. Looked like folk were having a great time though.

Left lugage room good, although small for the size of the hotel, has 2 toilets and 2 showers. If you want to keep your room on, they ask for an extra 30 euros until 6pm.

All in all, I would say that for £108 for 2 nights breakfast and dinner in early May, with all the facilities, was a very good deal indeed. I would definitely return to this hotel for another short break out of season.

Que disfrutes - enjoy!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are above a huge and noisy restaurant, apparantly. Speak Spanish - sounds bad...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Clairebear69
yossu, Public Relations Manager at H10 Salauris Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Hello, we would like to thank you for your opinion,we are glad you liked the hotel and Salou itself, hoping to se you soon again,kind regards.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have been amazed to read some other reviews about the hotel as I cannot believe the negative comments made by some guests - did they select the wrong hotel to review?

My job is all about making observations and giving grades and so I think that I have a good background to make the judgements I am making.

My husband and I have been visiting Salou over the last 20 years and have H10 Grand Class status loyalty card. When we stay in the Salauris Palace we are so well looked after. My husband is confined to a wheelchair and we get a really large family sized room which gives us the space required.

The standards at the hotel are second to none and we have the room cleaned every day and it is spotless. We enjoy our breakfast and have also had wonderful meals in the evening.

I would recommend H10 hotels and particularly the Salauris Palace if you want to be well looked after. We stayed last October and again at Easter and will be back very soon!

A BIG thank you to Jesus and all the staff for making our stay a very enjoyable experience.

As Grand Class cardholders we even get a kettle in the room - first time we have ever seen one in Spain!!

The prices were excellent too and as a Grand Class cardholder we even received a discount! On this occasion we stayed bed and breakfast at a cost of 190 euros for 4 nights!!!!
Christine and Mark Price

Room Tip: Junior suites have 2 balconies, family room a good size and 4 beds.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Christine P
yossu, Public Relations Manager at H10 Salauris Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear Christine and Mark Price,

We want to say thank you for your great reviewand to know that you had a wonderful time with us!!! We hope to see you soon again in the hotel !!! Jesus send you a warming huge!!!
Regards

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Good hotel, short walk to Port Aventura and to beach, etc. Went for a quiet break after Easter with family of two teenage girls. Lovely room. Hotel very clean. Only drawbacks are the fact that the indoor pool is very small and the queues into the restaurant can be very long at times.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Brann25
yossu, Guest Relations Manager at H10 Salauris Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear Brann25,

We want to say thank you for your comments,these help us to become a better hotel. We invite you to visit us in a different season to regard our improvements in the hotel.

Hope to see U soon.

Regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have just returned from a long weekend in the Salauris Palace hotel, on arrival in the lobby we could tell this would be a nice hotel, the staff were very friendly and explained where the restaurant, bar and our room was. The room we stayed in was number 245 it had a pool view and was lovely, there is a feature wall, 2 very large single beds, 32" plasma samsung tv, large mirrored double wardrobes, nice bathroom with powerful shower and plenty of towels. The balcony was a reasonable size with patio set.

We travelled in April therefore outside the British season therefore the breakfast choice was definately more aimed towards the european guest, no english sausages and the sausages were hotdogs and the mushrooms were tinned. There was plenty of choice though, 3 different egg types, boiled, fried or scrambelled, cereals, yogurts, cakes, croissaunts, etc etc, too much choice if anything.

There must have been a spanish wedding or some other occasion on the Saturday we were there as the bar was full at night all singing and dancing, the only downfall to this was the sauna and steam room was always packed as was the indoor pool therefore we felt a little uncomfortable using them as they all seemed to know each other and so we did not use them.

The outdoor pool is lovely, waterfall and very clean, plenty of sunbeds.

We did not eat in the hotel but the price of san miguel was €2.50 a pint and cocktails were aroung €6 each.

Overall i would definately recommend this hotel, it is situated a 5 minute walk from the centre of salou and also the beach. If ever in Salou again, we will be going back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David R

Dear David R,

Regards from the hotel, we want to say thank you for your comments these make us improve.

Hope to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

What an hotel!

Had such a good feeling from the date of booking, on arrival the receptionist are friendly and helpful, fast and efficent check in! Got to the Room and OMG! for £75.00 with breakfast for 2 nights I was amazed, no lie featured wall with gorgeous beds and a large plasma tv, the hotel was so clean and inviting.

The restaraunt was very big and a huge selection of diferent foods, we only had breakfast there but a lot of choice even for the fussy eaters, again all staff really cheery and helpful. The bar staff were nice too, attentative and funny, even helped me choose am cocktail as I'm fussy with them, and it was a good choice!

The entertainment was ok, we did go out of season so didnt expect anything amazing, but from this I expect season to be amazing. We didnt use the pool but again so clean and well keeped. Plenty of sunloungers and great sun trap!

Overall fab hotel, would recommend going, the only issue we had was the sauna and steam rooms were full of children and the spanish (I kniow it's spain but still we couldnt get in any of them for two days)

A 10 min walk from the beach and a few minute walk from bars, main bars on the strip around 10 mins away so ideal location!

I will be returning to the H10 Salarius Palace!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view as the other side is a road!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Adam W

Dear Adwoode,

We want to say thank U for your comments these make us improve. We hope to see U soon in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Nice modern rooms, lovely tv and relatively quiet. Pool area was lovely in quiet although in summer this maybe different. The food was decent, lots variety on the cold dishes although the warm dishes was restricted to four choices
It was the service of getting seated to eat that was staggering. Having stayed lots similar hotels you simply go in and get yourself seated if there are spare
Here there was lots of spare seats but you had to wait for one women who took groups to be seated. Very bizzare and led to queue that lasted in some instance up to 50 mins. A simple solution would be to let people seat themselves. First time I had witnessed this and hopefully last time

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank rach_888

Dear Rach_888,

Regards from the hotel, we want to say thank U for your comments they make us improve.
When the restaurant is full we use the service of getting seated to make sure that you will get a clean table. We invite you to comme in the near future and see the improvements in food issues and to see the service in the restaurant.

Kindly regards.