“50/50”

Ranked #53 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Manchester, United Kingdom
“50/50”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

On arrival in early hours was shocked to be told had to wait till 1pm for check in, but after explaining about not knowing this, they did after half hour check us into an alternative room, so was happy.
FOOD...was very very basic, pizza and chips seem to be the fav on the menu. no fruit at breakfast, no a big variety, and always empty trays. The tables were not really dressed well, very basic, and often only dirty tables free, had to wait to for clearing of them. Flys in the dinning room were an issue, and deserts always looking sloppy and warm. To be fair, not the greatest. pancakes proberbly the only pro.
STAFF... were friendly and welcoming although some very little english, they still aim to please. There was one man behind the pool bar, who could be arrogant, and un friendly, needs to learn to smile.
ROOMS...ours was in the milo, very quiet, but very dated rooms, could do with modernising, but clean and comfortable. was no kettle or dryer, so take with you. the maids again were lovely.
ENTERTAINMENT... it was more spanish based, and didnt really cater for the english, was quite poor to be fair, but saying that, the atmosphere because it wasnt an all brittish hotel, made this more holiday feeling. And we enjoyed a couple of nights in the hotel.
POOL... thankfully, we never experienced any running to get sun loungers, there was plenty to go round, although the pools could be very shady. the life guard never seems to move from his chair, and dont see how he could possibly safley watch the pools, so be cautious with children, as the life guard wasnt much use.
SUMMERY.... we went on a very low budget half board holiday with kids, for what we paid, we got what we got, so couldnt expect more. this is not the best hotel in salou, but not the worst either. the food was the main issue, but eating out is easily done in salou.
BE AWARE... of all hidden extras ie/ safe, aircon, meals, wifi, remote, pool, gym, golf ect

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank anita m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Serbian first
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 14th September for 7 nights. We had requested a pool view prior to arriving at the hotel and we did in fact get a pool view, just not the pools in our hotel, we overlooked the apartment block behind the Miro building. We had paid for bed and breakfast and wish we hadn't as it wasn't worth it, the food was terrible apart from the fresh omelettes and crepes and on our first morning a lady threw up in front of us and it took over 10 minutes for a member of staff to clean it up, not a great start. However, we did have clean towels and bedding every day which was a pleasant surprise, the pool area was very nice and there were plenty of sun beds all day long. We didn't eat any other food in the hotel as we found plenty of nice places on the main front which is only a 5 minute walk away, we particularly liked La Sal on the front and Temple Bar which is an Irish bar which have the best ribs I have ever tasted! The Temple Bar burger was great also. Our room was right on the stairwell which we thought was ideal but looking back I would have asked to change this due to the noise of peoples flip flops banging on the stairs and waking us up. There is also a lot of people that decided to rearrange the furniture at crazy times in the night/ early morning. We also don't understand why the light switches are located on the headboard right behind where your pillow would rest, many times in the night when tossing and turning the light would randomly come on if it was slightly knocked. All in all a great hotel for the price that we paid, I think too many people reviewing this as a bad hotel are expecting 5 star quality for 3 star prices. The rooms themselves are very clean and basic however the main areas of the hotel could do with bringing into the 21st century as they are a bit dated and so were the entertainers who seemed to put on the same activities on a daily basis. Although it was a good hotel probably wouldn't go back however would visit Salou again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J4ckh4l
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Myself and my Fiancée have just returned from a 6 Night Half Board stay at this hotel, we found the hotel and to be very cleaned and well maintained, pools were swept out and pressure washed every morning, staff were very very friendly, couldn't do enough for you, Maybe that's because we had a pleasant attitude towards them, goes a long way..... The hotel itself is HUGE, when full I was told by the receptionist it can hold more than 1600 people, that is mahoosive, so queue's have to be expected at times, meal times were very busy, but there was always enough clean tables/cutlery available even at the busiest times. Breakfasts were VERY nice, everything from a full English to all the pancakes you could eat, omelettes, bacon, eggs, beans, toast, croissants, chips, pasta, cakes, yoghurt, fruit, cereals and MUCH more lol, dinner was always very nice too with many meats/veg available, chips every night as well as lovely selection of cakes/ice cream. Rooms were very basic but no less than any other 3 star hotels I've stayed in, beds comfy, bath with shower, TV, Air con, Big balcony, only thing it's missing was a fridge ha-ha. The hotel is visited by a lot of younger generation people, and whilst we had NO problems whatsoever with them, we heard a lot of whinging pensioners with the attitude of " I have a NOWcard, I Rule the world" which I thought was quite simply pathetic, stop picking on little things and ENJOY yourself, we did and would not hesitate to stay here again, Right in the centre of Salou, 5 mins from the beach, lots of nice restaurants nearby. Would recommend Uncles Sam's, Best BBQ ribs I've ever had mmmm. Port Aventura/Costa Caribe waterpark only 10-15 mins walk, we got 4 days 2 parks which worked out great and went Tuesday,Weds,Thurs and Friday, was very quiet on all these days so got to go on all the rides/water slides loads of times. Furious Baco is Awesome BTW!, stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Steve_Gray_12
Reviewed September 22, 2013

On arrival at the hotel check in was easy and straight forward although please do ensure you have some euros with you as you do have to pay a local tax however this is the case in any hotel in the district. The pool areas are clean and tidy and there are plenty of sun beds and seating for everyone. The rooms are clean and tidy and basic and towels are changed every day but really what more can you ask for from three star accommodation. The food is ok and you can always find something to eat as they do have a large selection of foods. The hotel is just a short walk from the center of solou and if your looking for a good night out please try a bar called Danny Boy which is typically Irish with live music every night. On the whole this hotel is perfectly adequate for both families, couples and groups in a very good location.

2 Thank James111256
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel has plenty of facilities for children and is cleaned very well. Fresh towels every day. We had to eat out every meal as the food wasn't very nice as it just seemed like they tried to cater for so many different nationalities everything seemed like a mish mash. At night its Spanish entertainment so there was nothing to do so we always went to our hotel room. Unfortunately the TV in our room was full of Spanish channels even though the hotel boasted it had satellite TV, our tv actually blew up the 2nd day so we was reduced to being bored. We found the hotel staff friendly but the guests were very rude. We had very loud neighbour's both sides who decided to move furniture all hours and bang cupboards and shout loud.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Salou hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

After reading previous reviews I approached my stay at the jaime with an open mind. I don't often have cause to complain so was sure the hotel would be just fine. We checked in on 5th sept for a 10 night stay. Booking in was straightforward and we were given room 506 in Picasso block. The room was quite large with 3 single beds. There was quite a loud vibrating noise coming from the ceiling. We ascertained that all the air con outlets for the building must be on top of our room. We decided to ask for a room change the following day and we went to bed. The following morning I got up and began straightening my sheets. To my horror there was a large wide streak of excrement on the bottom of my top sheet. I was horrified to think that I had slept with this at my feet all night. My husband took the sheet down to reception and demanded to know what they were going to do about it. They just shrugged. When our holiday rep arrived, she had a word with the housekeeping manager but they just didn't seem bothered. The rep also arranged a change of room for us. We got515 which was quieter. But I discovered a carrier bag under my pillow and gummi bear sweets under the bed.
The food was dreadful. Hard rolls, soup and chips from the previous nights dinner served up at breakfast. The canteen was so busy it was often impossible to find a table.
We kept getting bitten and when our son joined us he found several silvery grey insects in his bed.
We were all inclusive and the bar staff would serve us last after the paying customers. We even had to queue at a special hatch at the pool bar. The Turkish bath was broken for the entire ten days we were there.
Finally when we were leaving, we paid 2 euros to lock our luggage away. The locker they gave us wouldn't even fit a suitcase inside and they wouldn't refund the money!
Just glad to be home.

1 Thank Princesssfifi
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just arrived here 2 days ago food amazing ale great and staff boss after reading reviews I wasn't sure what to expect however I found the hotel really good. The all inclusive was great lots included an great food choice. Defo recommend we still here having great time

4 Thank Jonthomo