“Excellant, family friendly hotel”
Review of H10 Vintage Salou

H10 Vintage Salou
Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is an excellant hotel - it is situated in the centre of salou and is very very clean.
The pool area is quite large and again very clean.

Staff were ok - not over friendly but id rather be left to enjoy my holiday anyway!
Food was also lovely - have absolutely no complaints!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Laura H
Iraima C, Gerente at H10 Vintage Salou, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you for sharing your opinion in TripAdvisor, your nice comments are always very useful for us to improve every day.
We will be delighted to serve you again in H10 Europa Park in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hello fellow holiday makers,

I have since read reviews whilst on this website and though I would put my experience across.

I have be a fortunate enough to have travelled the world over the years. My yearly trip to Orlando (for theme parks) was put on hold due to financial issues, so I decided I go do Portaventura, I chose H10 Europa Park to stay half board. I was concerned as I am a vegetarian and took along with me a 14 year old younger sister who is THE fussiest eater. I had wrote off food before we arrived and planned to buy outside the hotel. I went to the buffet dinner and was disappointed by the food as there were few vegetarian options, so I plucked up the courage to ask the seeming lovely looking friendly man walking about the dining room, he then apologised and introduced me to the chef and advised they will make anything I'd like. I had to let them know what we would eat. I had fresh pizza's, pasta.. u name it we got it. My younger sister liked plain pasta with simple tomato sauce with no lumps with cheese. I asked .. I got. All I did was simply ask. AMAZING!!! I ate there every day lunch and dinner. I could not be happier. I got into a routine of asking at breakfast what we would like for tea, going off doing our activities and coming back saying 'hello' and in a matter of time having what we asked for presented to us. I really cannot complain, this MADE my holiday. I was even taught how to speak some Catalan by hosts.

Salou was not what I expected and probably would not return however if I had the experience I was fortunate to have at H10 Europa Park I would return!!!

Room were very clean. Rooms were also cleaned regularly, my pj's were even folded for me. Bathroom clean. When I entered my room I was disappointed to find I wasn't overlooking the pool. As the weeks went on I was glad as it was nice and quiet after a long day. ALL staff were helpful. I asked how to get to Pacha Nightclub, water parks etc. Entertainment was good fun for all the family.

- Not any really. Maybe when I had to pay for the fridge but again maybe that is normal for these holidays/hotels.

Overall very impressed. It is a big thank you from myself and my younger sister to the staff at Europa Park for making my holiday to Salou.

Thanks Catherine.

Room Tip: A room on the opposite side from pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
25  Thank Catherine106
Iraima C, Gerente at H10 Vintage Salou, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Catherine,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel to spend your holidays in Salou and especially for your kind comments for all the staff of the Restaurant. As you said we always recommend to all clients that if you ever have a complaint or something that may spoil the holidays please contact our staff, we are always happy to help you in anything.
We are happy to know that your stay in H10 Europa Park was successful!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

we stayed at the europa park hotel 2 years ago.It was a very clean hotel but the food wasn't good.we were on a half board basis and had our eveing meal at night.i am a picky eater but eat salads,breads etc.the favourite food that was served was veal.thankfully chips were on the menu most nights or i wouldn't have been able to eat anything.we ate in the bar one day,ordered a chicken toastie and it was grey.we ended up eating out at night as there we good resturants near by.good location to the clubs and beach.nice and quite for bedtime.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kttoner
Iraima C, Gerente at H10 Vintage Salou, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thanks for publishing your opinion, we are very sorry to know that your stay wasn´t fully satisfying.
Regarding your comments of the Buffet, we would recommend you to contact Guest Attention or the person responsible of the Restaurant if other time you decided to come back. Every year we work hard to achieve the customer satisfaction and your opinions are always useful in helping us to do so.
We also hope to have the pleasure to serve you again here or in any of the h10 hotels.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

i went to this hotel after reading some great reviews - worst decision we have ever made -
This hotel is situated on the main road in and out of salou so rooms with pool view be warned its like sleeping on a motorway - We did get a room change after much begging only to be kept awake by spanish neighbour who had tv on full blast till after 3am. Reception staff not very helpful apart from young male manager. Hotel really should be for spanish people as entertainment etc mostly in spanish as is the daytime childrens clubs, Rooms very basic and really small. Only positive thing about hotel was the food. Also no inflatables at all in pool which kind of spoils the fun for children but it was ok for the spanish people to throw heavy plastic balls round pool. Complaints not dealt with very well at this hotel and the usual not enough sunbeds round the pool unless you join the battle at 9am and risk being trampled on by other guests sprinting for what few beds there is - Not a hotel i would revisit and wouldnt take my chances of visiting anyother H10 hotel - Did sent letter of complaint to head office but as expected got no reply !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: do not have pool view as very noisy with traffic
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lyn b
Iraima C, Gerente at H10 Vintage Salou, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We are sorry to tell you that right now we don’t have your letter of complaint you are mentioning neither your complaints during your stay in written.

We would kindly ask you to contact directly to the hotel in order to clarify any of the circumstances that happen during your stay as you describe.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

we went to this hotel in september 2011, we found it was a lovely hotel, nice large rooms with large balconys to sit out on. the food there was lovely a lot to choose from. the hotel was nice and clean and tidy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank michael l
Iraima C, Gerente at H10 Vintage Salou, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Michael,

Thanks very much for your nice review. For us it's is really important to know your impressions of our hotel.
We hope to see you again if you decide to come back to Salou.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I went to this hotel last September with my family, I was very impressed with the whole package experience, as it was my first holiday I didn't really know what to expect. The hotel overall was excellent, the rooms were very spacious even though there were 3 of us in our room , the wardrobe space was very adequate . The rooms were exceptionally clean and both the sheets and towels were changed each day. I felt that the maids and hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and was once not rude. The food I thought was up to a very high standard, I am considered to be a fussy eater by both myself and family and friends however there was always something for me to eat at breakfast time and tea time , the food was always cooked to perfection. Overall , I had a fabulous time at this hotel as it is in thd middle of everything, only a short walk to the beach and all the cafes, restaurants and bars. Would definitely reccommend this hotel :) just been and booked myself into this hotel for 2013, loved it that much, thank you europa park for a fab holiday :)

• Stayed: September 2012
9  Thank Smithhy2011
Iraima C, Gerente at H10 Vintage Salou, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay in H10 Europa Park.
We will be happy to welcome you again in our hotel,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had 2 rooms on half board basis. First impressions good, friendly helpful reception staff. The hotel was clean and tidy. Our room was fine, there was a strong smell of wee however in the bathroom, which the cleaners did come and sort, however it did return. The noise was a problem, we were on the second floor and you could hear lots of noise from the stairwell, and doors needed slamming to shut which is very loud at 2 or 3 in the morning. The peolpe in the hotel were mainly German or French, and the entertainment was geared for them. The food was not good. Breakfast was lacking, and we had chicken curry as the main choice for 3 nights during the week. The hotel was fine, but I would not go back through choice. Location wise was excellent, would not recommend to small children as pool did not have a shallow end.

Room Tip: Chose a higher room, not by the stairwell
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank keigcf
Iraima C, Gerente at H10 Vintage Salou, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Client,

First of all, we appreciate the time you took to post your comments about your experience at our hotel. We regret that your stay with us has not been fully satisfying in certain respects.

We work hard to achieve the customer satisfaction and your opinions are always useful in helping us to do so.