4R Salou Park Resort II
Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre(Salou)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Breakfast included
$630
$93
  • Pool
Sol Costa Daurada(Salou)(Great Value!)
$105
$98
Melia.com
$122
  • Breakfast included
Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace(Salou)(Great Value!)
$101
$86
  • Pool
All reviewssister hotelpool areaend roomstar hotelhotels poolstayed here last weekbest featurereception staffbars and restaurantsgreat resorton a half board basishotel roomlovely clean hotelyour platerooms cleaned dailylovely holidaychanged daily
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I also stayed here during my university's sports tour last week.. At first sight the hotel seemed to not be too bad, the rooms were a decent size etc.. Then things just started to go downhill. From the first afternoon we had intermittent power cuts (with no explanation), on closer inspection of the room we found that it was so covered in dust that it ended up all over my clothes on a shelf and there was a hole in my bathroom ceiling. When we went down to dinner we were not provided with any water to drink, and we were not allowed to take any of our own in, the officious staff would confiscate any off people on the way in, which was desperately needed as the food was dreadful, primarily assorted carbs, and the same every night. I can't imagine the the pool gets any sun as it is sandwiched between 2 high rise buildings. Then just to add insult to injury notes were left around the hotel the night before we left that WE HAD TO CLEAN THE ROOM before we left, and on check out they started charging people £50 per rubbish towel that there was anything on, even the smallest mascara marks, this was the same case for sheets, pillow cases etc etc etc. As below has stated already we were not allowed to leave the hotel until we had paid these ridiculous charges!!! I can understand that they need to get people to pay for damage but they did not give us notice of these charges at the beginning of the week and I would never ever expect to pay for a towel in any other hotel. It was just robbery of students who couldn't do anything about it... Disgraceful!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Becs92
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here on a uni sports tour so my experience will be slightly different to other travelers. The hotel itself is in an ideal location within an easy walking distance of everything. The hotel is in good condition the pool area is nice although the water was freezing. We were half board and both breakfast and dinner were tasty with lots of choice. The rooms were adequate and both the bathrooms were kept really clean by the lovely maids.

The only complaint I have is the advantage that the hotel took over fines being distributed to students on check-out. We all understood that strict fines were needed to ensure that damage was kept to a minimum by the young guests but the hotel took this to extremes; charging 50 euros for a slightly dirty towel. The hotel was clearly trying to just make money out of students who had no choice but to pay in order to get their passports back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lauren546
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Near a good beach and on the bus route for the tram into the Portaventura Park. Food was normal nothing too good or bad. Pools were small, but plentiful, one for each hotel. Plenty of Russians there, which wasn't a bad thing as long as you followed their queuing rules, push or be pushed lol.

The room we stopped in was quite small and the balcony rail was very unstable, extruded alloy secured using 2 x 6mm self tappers, we was on the 3rd floor.........be careful. We was alos on the back of the hotel and the early morning bin collections was an issue, it only lasted 10 minutes though so not to bad.

Suppose you get what you pay for, nothing too bad or good. I would go back again at £440 half board for 3, ;-)

Room Tip: Don't pay too much and if half board eat at dinner time rather than on the evening, if your circumstances allow, the hotel allowed us all to change.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel from 7th September to 14th September. We were quite worried about the hotel as we had been reading reviews before we went.

Firstly, we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff at the reception. We were quite impressed with the appearance of the hotel as the reception area was spotless. When we booked the hotel we had requested a middle floor pool view room, which unfortunately we did not get. Everything about the hotel was going very well until we opened the door to our hotel room which was on the 5th floor. We were very disappointed with our room as it was very small and myself and my boyfriend could not move around the room without having to move out of each others way. We had looked at a layout of the hotel and discovered that we had the smallest room in the hotel. It was in the very centre of the hotel where both sides of the hotel meets and was also right next to the stairs which did get very noisy at times, but that did not bother us too much. The balcony was probably the most pathetic balcony I've seen in my life as myself and my boyfriend could not sit on it together without our knees touching. However we didn't want this to ruin our holiday, until about 2 days into our holiday a maid approached us and asked if we were both staying in the room as she said she had only been providing towels for one person as the hotel room is a single room. This left me and my boyfriend feeling very upset because we felt we had paid alot of money for a hotel room which did not in actual fact cost the price we had paid. Aside from this, the hotel room was cleaned everyday to a very high standard and clean towels were provided everyday.
We were very impressed with the bathroom as we were expecting a shower of very poor quality when actually it was probably one of the best showers I've ever used!

The food at the hotel was of good quality and there was something available to suit everyone's needs. However we did feel that the food did become quite repetitive and we felt that the breakfast options were boring and so for the last two days of our holiday we had breakfast at uncle sams which was €4 for a full English breakfast. The restaurant staff were a mixture of friendly and grumpy people. Some of them looked as if they did not want to be there and it was impossible to get a smile out of them. But others were very friendly and were willing to help with anything.

Before we got to the hotel we were worried about the pool area as on the pictures the pool looked very small and in the shade. But we were very surprised to see a brand new pool when we got there. Although we did only go in the pool 3 times because it was in the shade alot and so the water was very cold. There were limited sun loungers at the hotel and the area was in the shade for the majority of the day so we didn't bother staying at the hotel, instead we went to the beach and hired two sun loungers which cost €4 each for the whole day which we thought was good.

We cannot comment on the night time entertainment at the hotel because we did not stay at the hotel for the entertainment. But there did seem to be something going on every night and when we got back to the hotel there was quite a big crowd watching so it couldn't have been too bad. But, if you're like me and you don't like to stay at the hotel then I strongly recommend Robin Hood which is a lovely English pub which we went to every night and they always had good entertainment!

The best thing about this hotel by far is its location, it's very close to the small beach and only a 5/10 minute walk from the main beach!

Overall, we did like this hotel but we feel that our stay would have been better had we been given a better room. We probably won't be returning to this hotel as we would like to stay in the sister hotel 4R Salou Park, as the hotel looks very nice and the pool is in constant sunlight!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank CraigAndDannielle
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at the Playa Margarita first week in Sept '12 for 7 nights, the location of the hotel is perfect just a minute walk for a nice beach and then a few minutes walk from the main beach! The main town is about 2minutes walk from hotel as well.

The food was nice but as others said it was fairly similar every night! They always had chips/potatoes and a range of meat available! Deserts were okay not the best they seemed to cater them more for the Russians/Germans!

Like others have said the other guests that are not British were rude and don't know the meaning of a queue! You soon get use to their behaviour after a day!

The staff were okay - they were helpful to us but not as much to other guests!

The rooms were very clean - clean towels daily along with a room clean and beds made. The Spa is 6€ to use and is only open twice a day - definitely worth it though especially if it's cloudy outside.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! And will be returning again in the future

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple