“Best holiday ever!!!”

and 1 more site!
Inter2Salou
Ranked #5 of 69 Specialty Lodging in Salou
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am just back from holiday at this hotel and its was one of the best I had visited, the staff are really nice especially the bar staff the food was great I am a really fussy eater but had no complaints what so ever with the food, the rooms weren't much of a please but you had the Tv and the air con which kept you really cool. There is plenty to do for example there is arcade games, pool tables and also computers for using the internet I also met some really nice people but the best of all was the entertainment brooksie was really funny never failed to make me laugh but the other one... Jamie was just annoying. The beach is astonishing you can walk along the sea front at night and watch the sunset it really is breathtaking. All in all this holiday was a bomb and was worth every penny, I highly recommend this for people that plan to go with families to got to this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the entertainment stage at the back is good you can see what is happening down the...
4  Thank John B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Rooms are a little dated but we stayed ai and the food and drink is realy nice you have to pay for somethings but you get them cheaper if your ai. entertaiment on the night is ok but not very good in the day we had a realy nice time my kids aged 13 and 15 loved it to there is always food on in the resterant which is all free for ai you have to pay for the food at the bar

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

To be fair my holiday didn't get off to a good start with a 5 hour flight delay which resulted in me missing the transfer I booked through on the beach.com! (They don't wait!) and a 150 euro taxi ride from Barcelona to Salou. TIP fly to Reus!
We arrived at approximately 4.45am Salou was still alive, still people out on the streets outside coming back from the bars. The hotel at first glance is average, reception a bit dated, but check in was fairly straight forward. You have to pay a £100 deposit or 100 euro for this you receive your tv remote and air conditioning remote. Ensure you keep your receipt to get your deposit back. Also there is a local tax of around 7 euros for 2 adults this was for a 10 night stay.
Rooms fairly basic, typical apartment style, no kettle, toaster or oven just a microwave and double hob, a fridge and basis crockery, cutlery and utensils. Unless your planning on eating in your room every day not a real issue. Maid service poor if your in when they come they tend not to come back later. Towels changed twice a week on a Sunday and Wednesday.
Beds ok nothing to complain of really, typical sheets and fleece with half excuses for pillows.
View out on to street and overlooking hotels not very pleasant but I don't think there is a room with a good view to be honest.
Pool area crowded and pools crowded. Separate pool for children was ok. Terraced area with plenty of seating in front of entertainment stage. To be honest the entertainment was a bit repetitive Bingo, Waterpolo, Music quizzes ( 2 of which I won and never received my wine!) Found you had to practically hound the entertainment staff to get your wine! Not an issue it tasted like vinegar anyway and Brooksie even used to say do you want Red, White or Rose vinegar, even though it never came to fruition!
Brooksey a good laugh, most of his jokes were himself taking the mickey out of himself but he was funny. Some of the shows in the evening were good, the best probably being the hypnotist. The team will take you down to the local club at midnight too but I have heard the drinks are expensive! Never stayed all inclusive but heard a few moans about the food, didn't look very nice to be honest what I saw of it, typical chips, chips and more chips! But I did hear that breakfast was nice, we ate next door in the pub. Drinks service looked ok, no favouritism over people paying cash at the time which was good. All in all a nice time had by all, but I wouldn't return!! This is an honest review I always speak my mind, I am a little snobbish when it comes to hotels so this wasn't up to the standard I usually book, but not wanting to sound completely negative as it wasnt all bad it was a cheap last minute thing due to my partner being made redundant we just wanted a bit of sun and we did meet some very nice couples and our 2 children enjoyed so that's the main thing.
Places to eat you cant go wrong with the Little Hampton, good prices and delicious food!!!! Olivers was delicious too!

1  Thank NadineandScott
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Well it was ok entertainment team fab, food a bit repetitive not a lot of choice, older lady out of the two behind the bar you want to make your mind up weather we can get our soft drinks from the restaurant or from the bar you are rude. I think the 100 quid deposit for the rooms is a bit out of order rooms are dated and all the fixtures falling of the wall, will I be back no.

3  Thank pamela h
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Myself and my husband flew from Dublin to Salou and stayed here for 2 weeks from the 26th of July until the 9th of August. It is in a great location and exactly as you would expect for the low cost involved in staying there. I'll start from the beginning:
Check in was very fast and the ladies on Reception were very friendly. They took €100 deposit for the room which you get back if you don't wreck the joint at the end of your stay. They also charged a local tourist tax which I think was about €7. They charged €67 (i think) for the safety deposit box for 2 weeks and they give you €25 of that back. The safety boxes are downstairs near reception which is unusual but we didn't mind that. In fact in some ways it felt safer that there were no valuables in our room so no incentive for anyone to try and break in! They give you a remote control for the telly and the air con and you must gives these back to them on check out day. Make sure to hold on to any receipts they give you too in order to get your deposit back.

The room itself was fine for 2 adults. There were 2 single beds which were pushed together despite the maid's best efforts to keep them apart every time she made them! The room was clean on check in and you have a brush, mop and bucket and dust pan on your balcony in order to keep it that way. The maids came at least every second day, sometimes they came every day. Each time they gave us toilet paper, changed the bed clothes and new towels. Sometimes they emptied the bins, sometimes they didn't but we got in to a habit of emptying them ourselves as you have to do this on check out day anyway. I hate leaving any food or anything in the bins in case it entices little critters! The room had a kettle (which keeps boiling until you plug it out so don't put it on and decide to go for a bath or you'll blow it up)! I didn't but I nearly did! There is a fridge, glasses, glass cups, plates, saucers, bottle opener (old style), bread knife, shaper knives, cutlery, 1 small pot, 1 big pot and a small frying pan. It also had a microwave. The air con is absolutely brilliant and kept the room cool when we were out for the day getting scalded. There was disturbance one of the nights in the hotel across from ours but a Spanish man quickly put manners on the Spanish lads involved.

The pool was very busy. We always got a bed down there but I think we were lucky. There is a small & a big pool and anything goes like beach balls, lilos, big blow up sharks, the Titanic - anything! If you are hoping for a relaxed, quiet time by the pool this is not the place for you. There are a lot of kids and although we don't have any, we really enjoyed the mayhem! In fact we were pushed in the pool by 2 little lads but we resisted the urge to duck their heads under water as wwe thought it might be forwned upon! It was all in good fun really.There are also usually entertainment reps who keep kids and adults entertained from 11am ish. Kids have loads of games and adults can play bingo, darts, pool, ball games in the pool etc. They even had a cocktail & sangria making session on a couple of the days where you got to taste the drink if you wanted. Music is playing all the time so it really is a lively place to stay and good fun.

We only ate breakfast on the first day and it was lovely and reasonably priced at €5 per person. After that we just bought fruit and french sticks from the nearby shop (not Spar - the one right beside it as they do 2 french sticks for €1!) I ate lunch 1 day and there was a choice of salads, fried foods, rice, pasta - all very basic really but filled a gap! Of course there are always chips as the standard back up in case all else fails.

The entertainment is run by RJP enterainment and they are also connected with Chaplins night venue and the House of Illusion. I will do more reviews of various venues around Salou later on. There is a pub called Murphys near the hotel which is great for all the GAA matches. When I visied Salou for the first time about 12 years ago this place was hopping! It was quiet most of the time at night with no music which is a pity to see. Apparently it has something to do with sound proofing which costs a fortune to do but they have not don it yet so they can't have bands playing which is a must for any pub really in order to draw and keep a crowd. They do have a pool table though so it grand if you just want a few quiet ones and don't want to walk too far.

The main beach in Salou was bedlam but if you go out the front door of the hotel, turn left, walk up the hill. tun left again at the end of that road you will find a lovely little beach that is much quieter. It still has all the banana boat, jet ski type of things plus a bar where you can buy refreshments so it is ideal. There are a lot of steps down to it though so if you are any way unstable on the pins, this beach is not the one for you!

By the way the Spar shop next door to the hotel is doing the Chupa Chups offer where you can buy 2 packets of sweets and get 2 for 1 deal on tickets for PortAventura. It saved us €45!

That's it really. All in all a great holiday and we hated leaving but it is not the Ritz so don't go expecting it to be! Anyway unless you are looking for 4 or 5 star treatment on this holiday I'd say this is a decent place to stay so enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gnilsia8000
Reviewed August 14, 2013

i have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. having been to salou a few times i knew what to expect from the resort. cheap and cheerful best describes it. this was the first time i was taking my 2 children (aged 3&1) with me so i had to make sure the hotel i chose was suitable for them.

in a nutshell, its was a great hotel, the kids loved the childrens pool and it was just the right size for them to play in with me sat supervising on the side of the pool. The food was lovely and there was enough choice for even my fussy children. the entertainment wasnt up too much, my children were bored and we ended up back in the room after a long day in the sun. one thing i did like was the air con in the room it was excellent.

my only negatives about this hotel.... we were on the 4th floor, (i dont think there are any ground floor rooms) the balcony was not safe and easy for children to climb which ment the patio remained locked the whole stay (luckily the aircon was good enough we didnt need the door open).
Also..... the front door of the room did not lock from the inside, we woke up one morning to find are son had opened the door in the middle of the night without are knowledge and got back into bed, which ment we had to barracade the door everynight
the lifts.....OMG! too small and too slow, we had a pram so had to wait for the lift and it was very frustrating.
i do think The hotel would benefit from a outdoor playarea, but we found a few along the strip and took them there to keep them entertained.

on the whole a excellent hotel, dont be afraid to take your little ones here, unlike most hotels in salou there wasnt large groups of hens and stags which is what made me decide on this hotel. if i went to salou again i would stay here again.

Room Tip: we had a room on the side of the hotel 403 and found it to be quiet
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our second time, staying here, when i checked prices a couple of months ago, they were twice the price of what i got when i booked a 10 days previous to going. This is a nice place to stay, plenty of kids of all ages, and some activities to keep them entertained, but i travelled with my wife and 16 and 13 year old's, the kids made their own friends, and created their own entertainment....we wernt all inclusive, but i did avail of the breakfast for 5euros, great value considering i could eat as much as i wanted, and i certainly did that...staff are generally pleasant and do all they can to meet any requirments you may need. however the operation of the bar is a bit slow, single queue for service is a bit backdated. Location for several beaches is excellant, and a short walk from shopping, eating, and a few scoops in several Irish bars to include, Dannys, Templebar, murphys amongst others...Entertainment was ok, one or two of them like the sound of their own voice, but they work hard and that should be commended, they encourage punters to go to a place called chaplins for after 12 midnight entertainment, (run by the same company), and indeed it can be good fun, but not a place for buggys and very small children, time it right and avail of the 2 for 1 cocktails....we availed of a cataraman trip, and took in barca v santos, excellant...met families from Southport, Meath, Roscommon, Kildare, Cork and Limerick, great crack altogether!!! WILL DEFO GO BACK....

Room Tip: Book a room overlooking the pool or entertainment area...not the road outside, can be noisy!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family