Cala Font Hotel
Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre(Salou)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Breakfast included
$630
$93
  • Pool
Sol Costa Daurada(Salou)(Great Value!)
$105
$98
Melia.com
$122
  • Breakfast included
Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace(Salou)(Great Value!)
$101
$86
  • Pool
All reviewscap salouhalf boardsandy covesea viewsmall beachbeach barlovely hotelsaladthe hotel shopla pinedapool areareception staffbus servicesalou townlifeguard on dutylast minute dealwalls are very thin
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just came back from Cala Font, we stayed 1 week in September! Yes, the weather was lovely, the view (sea view balcony) and the location were amazing, especially if you like a private and not crowded beach, everything regarding appearance was more than wow!
However... what a pity! This hotel could be a really 4-star hotel with some improvements! The room wasn't nice, it looked oldish, beds were hard and unstable, sheets were... pff, clean but gray... pillows and blankets very simple - overall I would give not more than 2 stars for cosines and comfortableness. The bathroom was better, but not more than for a normal 3-star hotel. The towels were old and gray.
I stayed a lot in 3-star and 4-star hotels, and I can not understand how this rooms could get near 4 stars...
And now the food! What a catastrophe! I am not pretentious, but at the breakfast I could nothing eat or drink! The coffee was awful, a very chip instant, a very chip - unknown - tea, no lemon served, eggs were old (very gray skin) - only boiled and fried - no omelet! A lot of bread and sweets... full of chemicals and unhealthy! The only thing to eat were vegetables and fruits!
At lunch and dinner, situation was a bit better, but still very poor quality and tastiness.
Me and my husband had the idea, that food is served that way - not to be eaten too much, except fruits. It was very unpleasant that we've booked full board...don't do this, you'll terribly regret it!
Overall it was ok, very clean, every day the room was cleaned and smelled good...but this is not enough! People like to sleep well and to eat well in a vacation, and exactly in these fiels there are a lot of minuses!
We won't return, sorry!

Room Tip: Look for sea-view rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Meriss8
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had 5 nights in the Cala Font. Overall impression was a very good one. We had a sea view room (awesome views!) which was clean and tidy. The beds were a little hard, but I'm used to a really soft mattress at home. The food was okay, decent choice. You need to be quick if you want watermelon though, the Russians that stay here seem to love it. We didn't realise how out of the way the hotel is, but there is a bus that comes every 5mins to take you into the centre of Salou. Service from the cleaners and reception was amazing, only problem we had was with the service in the restaurant, the staff seemed like they couldn't be bothered. Also, we were half board but had to pay for drinks at lunch/dinner, never experienced this before. The only real thing that spoils the hotel are the russians who charge about the place and have no manners whatsoever, but they were easily avoided by going into the centre of Salou for the night. I probably wouldn't go back to the hotel, but this is due to it's location other than anything else. All in all, really enjoyed our stay in Salou in the Cala Font.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
2  Thank Mikeycrfc
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Lovely hotel food,room's,was very good,beach is great on the door step,bars near by we're u can get food from if u want to go out for a drink or a meal,bus run near the hotel you have got every thing near I can not wait to go back + it was red hot,hope if u go u enjoy it has much has my friend and I did.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dee_emma
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed a weeks stay at the Cala Font hotel. The hotel has 5 floors and has lovely views of the sea and pool. The Hotel is decorated with marble throughout and the Dining Room was very nice with views of the pool and sea. Breakfast included Bacon, eggs, Frankfurters and Sausages, Beans, Tomatoes, Salad, Cheese, Meats and little cakes. They even have soya milk for people with allergies. The Breakfasts were always really lovely and you had options of hot drinks and fruit juices included in the price you paid for breakfast. At Dinner you paid for your own drinks which were quite cheap and afterwards you could always go to the Bar if you wanted any more. We found the Diner got quite busy at around 8pm and so waited a little longer and found it to be quieter. The staff were very pleasant and happy to help you. We didn't see a place where they stored any spare knives and forks and had to look for them at times because there weren't any on the table but the staff are very busy serving drinks and re-laying the tables so they aren't slacking, just working very hard!

The Bar Service was excellent, being waited on hand and foot! The Entertainment was of live music and Acrobats which we really enjoyed. There is a beach just 30 seconds walk from the hotel and this has a beach bar also. There is a translated menu in English incase you can't speak Spanish and this was helpful :) The beach itself was lovely. It is a beautiful little cove and much less busy than Salou. I would highly recommend the hotel and the beach. Pool was lovely, very relaxing and there is a poolside bar if you want a burger and some drinks. The rooms are kept very clean, could not fault the maid service. We were disappointed by the beds as we found them to be quite hard but this was our only issue with the hotel. I would say the value overall was excellent, very very good for two people going half board. I would highly recommend it, service was excellent

1  Thank harzeyka
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just got back from a week in Cala Font over all very good.Hotel staff very help full hotel very clean. We where half board only thing I would say beds very hard and my hubby bed kept moving away from mine we where on first floor with views to die for great.The food was good standard but it was almost the same every night needs looking at.This place is full of Russian who have no manners they bull pass you they think they own the place.
This Hotel is right at the beach which is great but on a very steep hill and I mean very steep how ever I would stay in this Hotel again.

Room Tip: Room with great view and on first floor
2  Thank Tina H