“it was an experience”

H10 Mediterranean Village
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed August 7, 2007

we booked a familey room and to our suprise there was only enough room to swing a cat.then we went for dinner and that was well the only word for it is CRAP our kids of age 5/7 had to live on sandwiches what we had to make our selfs in our room.we where told that there was a mini bar in our room and you had to pay £3.00 a day for and there wasent eny drink in it and wen you went for a drink in the hotel the prices were well over priced and you wasent aloud to take drink out the restrant what was over priced as well.the only good thing about IT was the kids and pool entertanment thay where first class and that was the only good thing about the it. the manager of the hotel asked us to do a survey on the h10 and i told him that i would never go back to a H10 hotel agen.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed August 7, 2007

23rd july - 6th aug 07
Well what can i say a great holiday.I travelled with my husband a nd 3 children and got to the hotel and thought it was absolutely beautiful.Having left rainy Northern Ireland it was a delight to see a bright spacious well equipped hotel to lounge in for 2wks. We had a 2 bedroom apartment but the only downside was that we where at the end of the hotel where the everyday running of the hotel took place.Binmen came anytime from 11oclock at night every night and the deliveries being made constantly through the day.The entertainment was fantastic for the kids . My youngest son who is five had a ball at the kids club and even managed to give himself a haircut.hahahaha.
The pool area was ideal for my other 2 children who are 13 and 10 although i have to say someone who wrote a previous review about the sado's who get up early for the sunbeds i was one of them.You had no choice if you wanted a day at the pool.The sunbeds where being guarded from as early as 7.45am by over zealous holidaymakers. So if you werent in it was tough luck.
The 2nd wk was a gegg a one woman show was all out to get as many beds as possible and god help anyone who got in her way. She said there was 45 of them and if she wanted she could have got sunbeds for all of them.hahahaha.
Lovely place to see and stay , staff pleasant and curteous from bar staff to the ladies that took your rubbish.
Very busy hotel but well run and have to say met a few lovely families which was great. Just outside hotel was a bus stop so you had no problem being stuck in one place hop on the bus you could go to Salou town, Cambrills, which was lovely , La Pineda and Port Aventura. I would advise against buying the tickets for P Aventura at home as we got a 14 day pass and didnt get the benefit of it and you couldnt pass it onto another family when you where finished so wait til you go and pay at the park itself. What i would say also about trips with the reps it is cheaper to go on your own if you can organise it by bus. We did 4 trips and the Haggle and Splash one was the worse. We where told we where going on a glass bottomed boat well lets just say they forgot to put in the glass. You will make the holiday what you want it so just enjoy it.
A big HELLO to the Applegates you know who you are.
KAREN - NORTHERN IRELAND

6  Thank Karen022
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I have just returned from a 14 night stay at H10 Med. Village in Salou. Before we left I was a bit worried as I had just read some terrible reviews on Tripadvisor, but I have to say that our holiday was very good.

Rooms.

We had a 2 bedroom appartment for myself, my husband and two children (13 and 11). The appartment was a reasonable size and overlooked the football pitch. It was clean. Our sheets were changed 3 times each week and towels were also frequently changed. We upgraded to half board when we arrived (12 euro per day for adults and 6 for children), so we didn't cook at all, but the facilities were as good as most other places, with 2 rings, microwave and plenty of cooking utensils etc. Our
room was quiet and apart from 1 night when a neighbour was a little noisy, we had no problems. I would say that the furniture and furnishings could do with a little updating - something more modern would be appreciated.

Staff

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly - no complaints here whatsoever. We had a problem with our safe and the receptionist was up within 10 mins to reset it.

Food was very good. I really enjoyed the breakfasts - plenty of cereals, fruit, breads,omlettes, crepes and bacon,
eggs etc. The evening meal was also very good - we never got bored. Plates were quickly cleared away. Most families bought a large bottle of water (2 euro 20) to drink, but some had wine and minerals etc. I did find the desserts a bit processed, but again I think that is fairly typical of many Spanish hotels.

Pool

Other reviews describe the pools - they were always clean and lifeguards were on duty from 10.00am to 7.00 pm. Each Friday morning large inflatables are out in the upper pool - our children loved these.

Sunbeds

These are chained up until 9.00. If you want a particuliar 'spot' you would probably need to be out at 8.20am to guard your spot and await the unchaining of the beds!

Kids Clubs

These seemed good though our children did not use them.

On Arrival

You do not get your key until 2.00pm so if you are arriving earlier pack your swimthings and a towel in your hand luggage so that you can get out to the pool until your room is ready.

Other bits and pieces................

The hotel was made up of English and Irish clients. You would be quite at home here if you have a tattoo!

Portadventura is brilliant. We had a 14 day pass (bought on internet before we went) and we went most evenings after our meal. By this time it was cooler and quieter. The children just loved it.

We also visited the waterpark in La Pineda.
This was fine, but we have been to better waterparks and it was expensive.

If you can stick the heat and the hustle and bustle a day trip to Barcelona is really good. Tarragona is also lovely and much more manageable. You can get a bus just up the road from the hotel.

To sum up.

We had a very enjoyable holiday. The H10 is 4 star by Salou standards, but perhaps not when compared to other resort standards. I'm not sure that I would return as I think that I would prefer a smaller, less busy hotel, but it does have a lot of very good points and I think that most people would have an enjoyable holiday there.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank pianoviolin
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We returned from a two week stay at the Med Village on Monday. There was 5 of us, my wife and I and 3 children aged 1, 3 and 4. We booked a 2 bedroomed apartment which was spacious and comfortable and the air conditioning kept it lovely and cool. We were self catering and the kitchen had a fridge, 2 rings and a microwave with plenty of cupboard space. We did not use it much but when we did it was adequate to our needs. Our apartment was spotless and we had our bedding changed 5 times during our stay and towels were changed every 2 days. Maid comes in daily to empty bins etc. Hotel itself was very clean and the maids and staff work tirelessly to keep every thing tidy. The sunbeds are stacked up at 7pm at night and the pool area is all cleaned. The beds are then unlocked at 9am the following morning. Throughout our stay there was always a queue for sunbeds first thing in the morning but we always managed to get a sunbed no problem.
The hotel resturant is a buffet service with a wide range of foods often with a spanish theme to them. There was normally a choice of 5 main courses with additional food for the kids and a carvery. A salad bar with everything you could think of and selection of breads. There was always a huge range of deserts as well. We found the food in the buffett to be excellent value. There is a kids club which was always doing different things however our kids were a little young and did not want to get involved. They did however love the mini disco at night. Entertainmet at night normally finished at 23:00 and we rarley heard any noise after that.
Hotel is in Cap Salou which we loved. There is a beach at the bottom of the road via steps. A beach about 10 mins away (turn right at bottom of the road) which is a lot easier to access and a beach in Cap Salou itself (10 mins walking) which is also easy to get to. Cap Salou has several restuarants in it and we tried them all. We never had a bad meal all holiday. Cap Salou also has mini boats, cars, trampolines etc for the kids which my 3 thoroughly enjoyed at night.
There is a great bus service at the front of the hotel which will take you to Portaventura, Salou, Cambills etc. buses are every 10 mins and cost no more than 2 euros. If you are standing hold on tight as they do take the corners rather fast. A taxi costs about 7 euros. Bus service at the top of the road takes you to La Pineda, the aqua park etc.
We bought a 3 day pass for Portaventura, a day at the aqua park and a trip to barcelona zoo. All of these were well worth a visit. There is a dolphin show at the zoo and an excellent sealion and dolphin show at the aquapark,
We only went into Salou itself a couple of times. It was nice but we preffered staying in Cap Salou.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday and a lot of the negative reviews do not do the Med Village justice. We are already planning a trip back next year.

9  Thank BrownA3
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for a week and didn’t wait to leave. I read all of the negative comments on here and in the end started to wish that I hadn’t book this holiday but when I got there the negative comments on here were proved to be totally wrong.

APARTMENT
The apartment me and my boyfriend had was on a corner and it was huge and very private. The walls were not paper thin as other people have said they were on here. The balcony was an excellent size and it look out to the beach. The apartment was also very clean- after reading the comments on here i took a load of cleaning stuff and never used it once.

RESTAURANT
I don't like most of food and am a very picky eater there was not every night I could have a meal here although my boyfriend always found something he enjoyed. The breakfast in the morning had a wide range of food so there was something for everyone. The food is changed regularly and is always kept hot. The restaurant staff are very friendly and clear away your plate as soon as you have finished but don’t stand over you and wait for you to finish. You have to buy your drinks with your meal on an evening but they are very decently priced.

POOL
I didn't use the pool so I can't really comment on this as I didn’t want to have to wake up early and wrestle for a sun bed so I found it much easier to walk to the beach (on the left just before the nights in pub) and get a tan there. If you ask at reception you can also use the Jacuzzis for free, you can also sunbathe there.

AREA
This hotel is not in the main part of salou it is just outside but however is only a bus ride away, this will cost you about 1euro 30 each. There is a hotel right next door to this hotel if you are self catering which does amazing food. Also if you walk down to the nights in and walk left and follow the road along you will come across a few restaurants and supermarkets.

I had an excellent holiday and would definitely go back. This hotel is definitely a 4 star!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Allicia07
Reviewed July 29, 2007

just returned from the med village and had a brilliant holiday. travelled with my partner and two kids. We went h/b and while a bit repetitive the food was good especially the breakfast.
The hotel itself was really nice and clean. i read a review earlier about someone having a bet wether a mat at the front door had been cleaned, wow id love to holiday with them. off course the hotel isint perfect but show me a hotel which is!!

entertainment is fantastic loads to do for the kids and the entertainers are brill really go out there way to give everyone a good time. the hotel is really family orientated and my daughter made loads of friends on her last day she was in tears because she had to go home.

like i said no hotel is perfect and there is a couple of bad points. sunbeds are locked up each night til 9am and you have to be upearly to get one some people there over an hour early waiting for a bed!!!!! that did my head in.
also we arrived at 11am but you dont get into your room til 2pm so we had to sit by the pool in our jeans and t shirts in 30 degrees heat but there is secure storage for your luggage.

overall an excellent holiday and would definetly return. if your looking for a nice family orientated hotel this is it take no notice of the negative reviews some people are always hard to please.

6  Thank mahammy
Reviewed July 26, 2007

On arriving waited 2 hours to get into our room - not the best.
The rooms where far too small for a family of 4! I went and asked the rep to pay to be upgraded and she said she would get back to me she never did.
food was good - very good choice and not as samey as some of the places I have been to.
The 2 best things about our holiday were the entertainment reps and the Port Aventura Theme park.
the reps worked so hard to keep the place jumping and the entertainment for the kids was first class. without them this hotel would be nothing.....
We visited PortAventura about 6 times and with no huge queues we had the best time ever.

Overall we had a good time but i doubt if i will ever go back to Salou (unless just to visist Port Aventura)....

1  Thank joshy