“Excellent family holiday”

H10 Mediterranean Village
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My partner and I and our 3 year old son had a weeks holiday at the H10 Med Village back in June 2012. The hotel is excellent for families, spotless pool areas cleaned every evening, they even chain the sunbeds up until 10am to stop the usual sunbed hoggers! There is a fantastic pool specifically for children with slides and water fountains. The food was very good and a childrens section provided options for the little ones. The entertainment team worked very hard day and night and the shows although mainly provided by the in house team were of a good standard. We stayed in an apartment with self catering facilities and a free safe which was handy but took the half board option. This was great as it gave the option to make lunchtime snacks and also provided a fridge to keep drinks/food cool. There was an onsite supermarket ideal for emergencies but if you walk around the corner Michaelangelos is far more cost effective if you are self catering. The rooftop jacuzzi area was a great escape from the main pool and provided lovely sea views. All in all a lovely holiday, I would definately recommend and would return if the price was right! The only negative comment would be you can only check in at 2pm so if you are on an early flight you are hanging around waiting for your keys, I would advise keeping some swimwear/change of clothes accessible to change into on arrival.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank davenikandharrison
There are newer reviews for H10 Mediterranean Village

Reviewed January 11, 2013

me and my sister took her grandson who is 3 and it was great.the beach was not far to walk and they done busses into salou town centre and were cheap.the rooms very spacious beds comfy and cleaned evert 2 days.food not brilliant only if you like fish in different sauces,pastas and salads so we ate out for our teas which was cheap enough,the pools were great a bit cold as is most pools.kids club was great staff entertained all the kids and were very friendly and helpful a bus trip to barcelona was the highlight of the hols beautiful place dancing fountains and the nou camp will go back to this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank lushis-lips1961
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed in here in June 2012 and it was absolutely lovely. The location was ideal, just across from the beach and wasn't too busy. The room was very nice, we stayed in the apartment block, and even when we extended our stay for another week we was allowed to stay in the same room. The staff are extremely helpful and the food is lovely. The pools are also gorgeous and weren't too busy. There are buses running frequently to Salou town centre, La Pineda and Cambrils and also into Barcelona. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Salou and I've recommended it to my friends and family. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joanna_Collins
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here because my partner had stayed here before and liked it. It is a distance from the city centre and park but there are buses and train very often. Close by is a spar which is good for snacks and water. The food is good if you take half board but I didn't like Spanish/seafood night. The entertainment was good as well but one night we wanted to watch a show so we stayed in until 10 and was cancelled to something else. You get crepes and hot dogs at the stage area. Drinks are pricey was €5 for vodka and mixer but pubs in Salou are the same. The pool areas are well maintained. The hotel rooms are clean you get a fridge and safe but you have to pay a deposit for them. Overall very happy with service you get what you ask for. Only thing I felt was they were direct in a polite way.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of hotel are given larger balcony which looks on to cap salou beach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Courtneynicnat
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We visited Salou because we would like to have a fun in Portaventura Park but unfortunately hotel was far away from the city centre and the park. Anyway there was a train which collected tourists wanted to go to Portaventura so it was some good solution. Hotel is quite nice, clean rooms, comfortable bed. Restaurant offers standard British food but I don't complain because I like it. Once a week was a Spanish theme dinner. In my opinion, chef should add the Mediterranean and sea food to every day menu which could make it more interesting and tasty.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kinga P
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family(2 adults 2 young children) and I stayed at this hotel in Aug 2012. We booked with Airtours who are now owned by Thomas Cook. We booked a 2 bed apartment staying for two weeks on a self catering basis. Looking at the resort on the internet and reading the descriptions of both the resort and the accomadation, including lots of good reviews on trip advisor would lead to think that this is at least a good 4 star resort that will keep families and groups more than satisfied.
However a couple of warnings that you wont find elsewhere.
1. Double check you invoice when it arrives. The room we got was changed due to a large 1 bed apartment by Thomas Cook due to our party size. As we hadn't checked our invoice to detect the change we were powerless to do get a better! room upon arrival.
2. The larger 1 bedroom apartments are basically small 1 bedroom apartments with a set of bunkbeds crammed into them(see photos). These rooms are fine if you plan to just sleep in them(walls are paper thin though so if you are a light sleeper take some ear muffs). Otherwise they are titchy for eating, longing around etc.
3. If you require a cot the hotel will happily provide one. However the bunkbeds stay so you small apartment gets even smaller. The hotel staff will not remove anything from the room to make your stay more comfortable.
4. There are reps at the hotel but they are basically there to sell over priced trips. They do whatever the hotel staff tell them to and can't really help with any issues that may arise.
5. The hotel is very, very popular with large family groups from the emerald isle. The hotel staff will not take them on if they are being loud or unrulely and they as nice as most of them are they take over most of the area around the pools espcially the pool with the slides.
6. The wider resort is quiet. Personally after looking around La Pineda and Cambrils look far nicer resorts.
7. If you have an problem when your there and expect help from Airtours or Thomas Cook ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD LUCK.
We had a perfectly good holiday and there is more than enough to do in around Salou if your prepared to go out and look. But and this is a big but I wouldn't stay at this hotel again it is not a good as you would expect and certainly not worth your hard earned money. And personally I will not use Airtours or Thomas Cook again you can get the same holidays for a cheaper price and would be better looked after by numerous other holiday comapines. Please check the PHOTOS THESE OF A LARGE APARTMENT - THEIR DESCRIPTION NOT MINE.

Room Tip: large rooms are just small room with bunkbeds crammed in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank wynnyCheshire
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This follows on from my review of Best Negresco earlier today, in short I was meant to stay at Best Negresco but my room was flooded due to a pipe leak so i was transferred here for the week.

Of course when i first got the news i was worried but the hotel soon quelled my fears. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

We stayed in a bigger apartment than needed, we had two bedrooms with two single beds in each and sofa that also slept two. So ample room for just me and my girlfriend. The kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms were all modern and clean.
The room was facing the forestry adjacent to the hotel, as opposed to other rooms facing inwards towards the pool. I preferred this as it mean it was quieter at night times and a little more private when on the balcony.

Breakfast was varied and better than expected it had everything you could want! Fruit, cereal, egg, beans, sausages, bacon, croissants, yogurts along with some foreign foods available to try.

Hotel was two minutes away from a Spar shop which sold the essentials and more including english newspapers. There also was a bar called the Knights Inn that had reasonably priced food and decent entertainment. It also had a Plana kiosk and bus stop outside for trips to Barcelona, Portaventura etc.

Beaches were very close by, there was a small beach 2 minutes away and the main beach 10-15. Salou was a nice 30 minute stroll away although like people have side before it is uphill, downhill so not good for people with bad knees or mobility.

Only negatives were there was a couple hairs found in the bathroom, the fridge surface a little dirty, the bedrooms had two single beds which occansioanly moved apart, no wifi in the bedrooms only in the lobby and not a great selection of english channels on the TV but im probably making it sound worse than it was as it they were very minor.

On the whole really pleased with the hotel especially considering I wasnt meant to stay there in the first place. Would recommend, cant comment on the spa area, entertainment or evening meals as I never went.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing away from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple