“Excelled its 3* rating”
Review of Ohtels Belvedere

Ohtels Belvedere
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent a week here with 3 friends at the end of June, and without a doubt I would return. The situation of the hotel was excellent; it's within walking distance of the beach and Port Aventura. But if you needed a taxi, the reception staff were more than willing to call one for you and quote a price.

Our rooms were nice, with a view over the pool. They were clean, and the cleaner visited daily (changing the towels, and doing the beds). Although the rooms were basic (just a bed, TV, wardrobe and bathroom) we didn't need anything more, so I'm not complaining.

We were eating half board and the food in the restaurant was delicious! There was plenty of choice, with different foods on different nights, (even the way the food was displayed surpassed my expectations of a 3* hotel). The restaurant staff were very friendly, and would go out of their way to make conversation, which gave the restaurant a much friendlier place.

The pool was a nice size, and clean, and there were enough sun-loungers. We ate at the pool bar quite a few days, there was quite a good menu (sandwiches, burger, hotdog, chips) and they were all reasonably priced. There was also enough activities going on throughout the day e.g. water polo, aqua-aerobics, tai-chi, if you get bored sunbathing.

There was also night time entertainment put on by the 'animaçion' team. They were a very enthusiastic bunch, and made the guests feel very welcome (talking to them, and trying to get them to take part). There was nightly bingo with prizes of a cocktail and a bottle of champagne. Followed by night-time entertainment of a disco, comedy show or magic show.

One of the things that surprised me most is the fact that the hotel had a Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, all that were allowed to be used for free!! It’s definitely worth checking these out if you're here.

Room Tip: Request one overlooking the pool, because on some nights there are fireworks down on the beach and y...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank summer2393
Write a ReviewReviews (1,945)

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We spent 2 weeks Half board at the Hotel Belvedere the hotel was nice and clean the rooms were quite small but had 2 nice double beds the bathroom was spacious and nicely decorated. Our view from the balcony was the main street but it was still quite pleasant. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk to the beach and town. Most of the staff were helpful and polite. The restaurant was large and the choice of food was very good if a little repetitive if you are staying for two weeks.
Downsides for the hotel were the pool area which was small and really not sufficient for the size and capacity of the hotel. The sun beds were directly around the edge of the pool and no space between them. The poolside bar seemed to shut at odd times during the day which left you without being able to get a drink to cool down. Also while we were there the hotel accommodated large groups of Spanish school children on trips which meant that the pool was overtaken by them and the dining room was crowded and manic. We also had to endure the school children climbing over our balcony to get to their friends rooms.
Salou is a pleasant place the beach is large with golden sand there is a lovely promenade with very pretty fountains. There are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from but it lacks entertainment during the evenings meaning that none of the bars had any entertainment going on at all.
Would I go again no I don’t think so it just wasn’t lively enough for me.

Room Tip: There are no good view at this hotel the view is wither the pool or the street the steet side can be...
4  Thank AIB_001
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Me and my family, (husband, 13 yr old son, 19 year old daughter and my other daughter and her 2 year old daughter stayed at the belvedere, we had two rooms, it was a lovely hotel, nice and clean.. Staff was very nice and friendly. The rooms was clean and we had maid service everyday, changed the towels and made the beds. We went in the middle of June where there was alot of spanish there, they say that in july, august and september its more english people there. There is entertainment everynight, minidisco for the little ones, which my grandaughter loved, so did my other daughters as everyone joined in the fun. The pool is a nice size, so is the little pool. The food was lovely as we went half board.. There was different varietys of food everynight. As my daughter says its what you make of the place, as i reviewed this place before we went there was a couple of poor reviews but they must of been sad as me and my family had a brilliant time there and would go back there.. The beach is about a 10 minute stroll from the hotel and port ventura was a 15 minute walk.. I think the hotel is in a good location, for the shops and beach and the theme park.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view..
11  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed June 26, 2012

stayed here for a week at the end of May, on B&B basis. the food was lovely with plently of choice. hotel was clean and room, towels done daily. there was a lot of spainish but as the week went on more english arrived. hotel is within walking distance of the town, beach, bars and portaventura (which is fab). went into Barcelona on the train for only 15 euro return. would definetly return. excellent place as all families and couples no large groups of lads or girls.

Room Tip: had a pool view which was great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just back from 2 week stay at this hotel excellent food, could not fault it. Staff very nice and friendly. Rooms cleaned every day if wished. First week lots of Spanish so no outside entertainment but no problem as we went out every night as it is cheaper to drink out of the hotel. Plenty of sunbeds at the pool so no need to put your towels out. Really recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank LiverpolFran
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My Fiancée and I stayed at the Hotel Belvedere from 20th May till 27th May on half board basics.

The hotel staff where exceptionally friendly to us and would do anything to help make your staff fun and relaxing. The rooms where cleaned EVERY morning to a very high standard and sheets/towels were changed daily.

The food was exceptional and had a wide verity of choice, for breakfast you could have your normal fry items, cereal, fruit, yogurts, tea, toast pretty much everything was on offer.
The dinner menu was just the same, you could have a 5-course meal and not be spoilt for selection. From traditional starters to shrimp cocktails it catered for all diets. Myself I love my food and I was more than happy with everything on offer. There was a theme night every night such as sponge bob and a Spanish night, this kept everyone entertained.

Most nights we would have sat in the hotel bar and had a few drinks. The bar staff rushed to serve you and make sure you where not waiting to long. The entertainment was a laugh, one night was the “Idel Couple” contest, my fiancée and me tried to stay clear of it but when Marcus came to us dressed as a tall very “sexy” blonde we could not refuse. This night had to be the highlight of our whole holiday, from the boom boom game to me staging across the stage holding a 5-gallon bottle of water between my legs. Nuna and Marcus are two of the entertainers in the hotel and they made the holiday for us.

On the day of check out we had to check out for 10am but we where not getting picked up till 3pm, the hotel staff made sure we had shower facilities and changing facilities so we where still able to lie by the pool before our pick up.

The hotel is close to everything. 5 min walk to the beach where the fountains are located, 1 min walk to local “Maxi Supermarkat”. Close to other bars, nightclubs and the Salou markets on a Monday.

We walked everywhere but loved it and we will hopefully be back next year to see you all again.

Thank You for making out holiday the best one yet.

Room Tip: Room 1147 was our room and we had no problems.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Belly3k
Reviewed June 18, 2012

in the belvadere as wee speak aboslute nightmare just now about 150 school kid shave arrived and over take pool , overtake dinner hall no food no seat , most staff rude to english on erule for one and one for rest of them , having to eat out due to this and take kids to the local water parks for a pool!! thomsons will be hearing me as they should èxplain to people before booking that it is over run with teenagers!!!!! would not stay again the hotel would be suitable out of school holiday terms

Room Tip: dont come here with family and in school holiday trip terms