2,427 results
All reviews port aventura half board theme park minute walk pool area train station every night lovely hotel plenty of sunbeds evening entertainment breakfast and dinner plenty of choice double bed mini fridge beans family hotel until midnight
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2019

lovley staff thats the only good thing i can say. must be the only hotel ins pain that only gives you 2 plastic chairs on balcony to sit on and no table! the returant is nothing like the pictures , they do not use table cloths for dinner just 70>s style mats no salt or pepper on tables ever food cold. green awful plastic chairs to sit on . entertainment dreadful . pool side dirty and tiles cracked everywhere. in no way or form is this a 4 star hotel its a budget hotel

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jools123
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

Partners first time abroad, took her to a hotel I’d stayed in 10 years previous. Stayed here for 14 nights. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly lady on the front desk who checked us straight in, room was simple but had everything we needed and a fab view of the pool. Food wasn’t amazing but it was tasty enough, plenty of choice and always hot (provided you were one of the first into the restaurant) Rosi in the restaurant had the most amazing customer service and always welcomed everyone with a smile. Umberto, the guy in the pool bar, was just as friendly and helpful, always said hello. Our favourite staff members, however, have to be Patri and Tanya the 2 girls who ran the entertainment during the day and in the evenings, always encouraging people to get involved in the afternoon activities, children’s club and making sure everyone is having a great time during the evening entertainment. Myself and my partner had an amazing holiday here and will definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank karen412015
Reviewed December 12, 2018

Stayed here for 6 nights in October. As many reviews state this hotel is very clean and you need not worry about the standard of cleanliness around the hotel and the pool was fine. However, the reception staff do let the property down somewhat and instead of being greeted with a smile, which would seem wholley appropriate at check-in, you feel like an inconvenient distraction.

It was difficult to get a drink during dinner - something I would have thought the hotel would be pushing for easy additional revenue.

The food was varied but poorly presented and mostly only tepid. We dined out on 5 of the 6 nights despite having paid for half board so my advice would be to get B&B and eat locally where you'll find plenty of choice - very reasonable prices and better quality + you'll be served a drink to wash it down with. Breakfast is OK.

This hotel could go from average to very good very quickly with some decent catering equipment and staff training.

Following the stay here I moved to a different hotel where the staff were very welcoming, helpful, the food was hot and well turned out. The prices were about the same so on reflection I would certainly avoid this one until improvements were clearly demonstrated in future reviews. There's so many choices.

Hope this helps

• Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank bobgi26
Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

We visited Salou in November to visit family. Lots of places were closed but the Sol CD was still open.
Location. On the north eastern side of the town, 10 minutes walk from the Port Adventura park which has a train station at it. The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the beach. There is little around the hotel which sits in a line of hotels along two dual carriageway roads. If you want to walk to the town centre it is about 25 minutes away.

Rooms. We had a twin room. Like all of the hotel it was kept immaculately clean. There is a TV in the room but the only English speaking station I could find was France 24. Beds were very comfortable, no quilts, sheets and blankets were used. The shower was excellent. I think the only downside of the room was the towels which were old and a bit thin. There is a hairdryer provided.

Food. We had paid for bed and breakfast but because there are no restaurants nearby we had the buffet dinner on one of our three nights. The food is fairly typical of the type in Spanish hotels. A good selection for both breakfast and dinner. Again fairly typically the hot food is generally not very hot. I think they cook too much and then it sits too long. A chef is on duty to fry eggs and make omlettes in the morning. In the evening he cooks meat. Breakfast was €8 if you just want to buy it, dinner€15 and I think these were good value for money.

Bars. It bring winter time and cold the outside bars were closed as was the bar in the foyer. The main bar was in a large room used by entertainment so it was VERY noisy but we took our drinks out to the foyer. Prices are good. Only thing I noticed was my wife ordered a white wine and the barman finished a bottle when pouring it but needed to add more to make up the measure. To my surprise he took a different make of wine and used it!

General environment. Free WiFi everywhere. As said above the whole place is very clean. Some of the furniture is a little tired with cushions on some chairs in the bar leaking stuffing. Bring winter the foyer could be cold. There is a car park under the hotel which they charge for but there is plenty of free parking in the street.

Staff. The staff are excellent, all very helpful.

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Staff

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 363mervynb
Reviewed November 14, 2018

First time staying at this hotel. Great location for Port Aventura. Hotel very clean and the staff were excellent. The pool was nice and the fridge in the room really helped. I stayed half board and found the food to be ok. Some thing to suit everyone. Would definitely stay again

• Trip type: Traveled solo