MedPlaya Piramide Salou
Ona Jardines Paraisol(Salou)(Great Value!)
$82
$79
Hotels.com
$80
$97
  • Pool
Sol Costa Daurada(Salou)(Great Value!)
$82
TripAdvisor
$81
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsshow cookingfun pubentertainment staffpool bargreat holidayfree safeair conevery nightdirty dancingsaladcorner roommichael jacksonclose to shopsfamily holidaytoastiessafety deposit boxveal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our first family holiday to Spain, Salou. We had a fantastic time.Initially I was worried about the reviews I read on Tripadvisor,but put my worries aside and booked the holiday. We stayed all inclusive 2 adults and 3 children for 7 nights. Rooms were good with enough space with a balcony table and chairs towels changed daily and the beds were made even if we forgot to request it. We used the safety deposit box key coded in both rooms - free of charge for valuable items. The food was good, you could choose what you wanted eg fish, meat ,vegetarian ,vegetables ,fresh fruit and salad. The children had plenty to eat and drink especially around the pool side little cafe type / bar - where they could have pizzas, hotdogs, toasties burgers and plenty supplies of cheese/ burgers.there was plenty for the children to do eg pool games consoles, which you have to pay for for so many mins of play. Table tennis poolside games and water inflatables.
Big thank you to Daniella, isobella and the team for doing a fantastic job entertaining the children and the adults too lol Daniella we will always remember you the most because you were funny, sociable and approachable. You were the one who called my husband up who is from England!! to participate in the entertainment in the evening. So funny !! Keep up the fantastic work you are an asset to your team. Well done!! Shops and the beach are very local 10 -15 min walk . Portuventura theme park , walking 20 mins or you can catch a bus or taxi. Theme park very good but pricey! Overall we enjoyed our holiday, we will be coming back next year. To chill relax and enjoy . Thanks to all the staff at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Desire13
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have just returned from salou after spending 10 nights at the medplaya piramide. We were a party of 14 (8 adults and 6 children - aged between 2 and 10). The reviews on here are mixed and so didn't really know what to expect. The hotel is rated a 4 star when really it should be a 3 star. However, the hotel is clean. The rooms can fit 3 beds comfortably and do fit 4 but naturally this means it is a tight squeeze. There is always a wide variety of food available and although it isn't the best standard it is an all inclusive hotel (in my opinion that usually means what you gain in quantity you lose in quality). There was always something to eat and I personally enjoyed all my meals. There is also a snack bar by the pool which serves beautiful pizzas, toasties, burgers n hotdogs etc. The kids loved being able to order there own food whenever they fancied. The pool is beautiful but due to location doesn't get the sun until about 11am. What makes this hotel a good hotel is the entertainment team. Daniela, Tara and Vanda truely made our holiday one to remember. They were fantastic with all our children. I even joined in their games which is something I never do. Freddie the pool side waiter was fantastic with the kids too. The evening entertainment team were very talented and I loved the grease and dirty dancing performances. They were all fantastic and they are a true credit to the hotel. Their hardwork and dedication really made our holiday. The location of the hotel in salou is fantastic. About 5-10 min walk to salou's gorgeous beach and picturesque promenade. Be sure to see the fountain light show near the harbour at 9pm .. it's out of this world. This has been my 3rd visit to salou and I would certainly go again. I would stay in this hotel again ..overall it is what it is .. it was cheap, clean, good location and excellent entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank jasefrance
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Been on similar holidays the past 3 years and this is by far the best hotel. It's close enough to the main strip and beach but a nice distance away.
The food was nothing spectacular but edible and we were always able to find something that we liked. The pool is only in the shade till about 10:30-11:00 and it is cold but not so cold that you can't go in!
Drinks included were good and you didn't always get plastic cups and you were able to get large drinks if you asked.
Overall we would recommend this hotel and would return to it if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Fillipe-flop
CustomerServiceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at MedPlaya Piramide Salou, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your review of the popular Hotel Piramide.
We are pleased to hear that the hotel ticked all the boxes for you, and that you would recommend it to your friends and family.
We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us at the Hotel Piramide or one of our other Med Playa Hotels in mainland Spain.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have never written a review before, but I didn't want some of the reviews to put the fear of God into anyone else like they did me, so I really wanted to tell you our experience which was a good one! First of all, in my opinion the staff at the Piramide are very pleasant and helpful. They work hard and I think some of the things said about them in the reviews given our experience are a bit unfair. We were a party of 7 (4 adults and 3 kids (ages 2, 6 and 9)) and we stayed at the Piramide for a week at the end of August. It was very busy especially sometimes in the restaurant and sometimes there were queues, but it was during the school holidays so is kind of to be expected. The hotel staff were rushed off their feet, but we were polite to them and they were very polite and helpful in return. Sometimes you get back what you give! The food in the restaurant was fine and there was a good choice. We always found something we liked. At breakfast my daughter loved the pancakes which were cooked freshly for you, however many you liked! The pool bar did pizzas, toasted sandwiches, burgers etc which were nice. My daughter is a very fussy eater and she loved the pizzas. The kids loved being able to go up and get their own food and drinks etc especially round the pool in the day getting ice-cream and crisps. They also loved swimming in the pool and the games that Daniella and her team organised throughout the day, they also loved the shows in the evening and the small arcade. The rooms were cleaned every day and we found the hotel was quite central in its location with just a short walk to the beach (which was busy) but lovely clear shallow sea so safe bathing for the kids. You have Port Ventura close by and also a number of water parks (Aquopolis was the one we went to) which you can get to by taxi at a reasonable cost. In my opinion, what you want from a holiday when you have young kids is a short flight, nice hotel, a pool, activities, entertainment, be close to the beach and waterparks. This holiday had it all for us and we paid a very reasonable all inclusive price for the privilege. There was alot to see in Salou and we didn't get to see or do half of it. We will definitely be going back again. It is a very good family friendly resort and hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jane F
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Really really disappointed with this holiday. Disaster from start!!
All staff very unfriendly, food poor, either cold or raw. Pool area shocking- stale smelly water where sun loungers lie with "things" swimming- see pics. Could go on and on.......... Worst holiday ever!! No where near 4 star as advertised.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Catrina1
CustomerServiceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at MedPlaya Piramide Salou, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that you were less that satisfied with your recent stay with us at the Hotel Piramide in Salou.
The Hotel Piramide is a popular hotel with many of our guests returning to stay with us year after year because of the standards and service offered, and we are very sorry that you do not share these opinions.
At the Hotel Piramide, as in all of our Med Playa Hotel, there are very strict cleaning and hygiene procedures and processes. This includes the cleaning of the pool area which is carried out various times throughout the day. We also ask our guests to be careful about leaving waste around the sunbeds and to dispose of this in the waste baskets.
The Hotel Manager and his staff are very keen to ensure that our guests have the very best holiday experience possible and are keen to ensure that any issues our guests encounter during their stay are resolved on the spot. We are sorry that it appears that they were not given the opportunity or this was not possible on this occasion.
We hope that in spite of some disappointment in the hotel, your overall stay in the popular resort of Salou was enjoyable.