“Repeat visit not as good as the last”
Review of El Toro

El Toro
Ranked #53 of 438 Restaurants in Salou
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ever since restaurant steakhouse EL TORO opened in 2006 it has become a reference in the popular resort of Salou on the Costa Dorada. The original idea of starting an international restaurant has been definitely successful because every summer many nationalities come to enjoy our varied menu.The location of restaurant steakhouse EL TORO could not be better, right on the main boulevard of Salou, near the famous hotels and apartment complexes, the beach, main attractions and shops. At EL TORO steakhouse restaurant you can enjoy good food, excellent service, a cozy ambience and of course sea views from every table in our restaurant. EL TORO offers the possibility for dining at a short distance from the main beach of Salou. TAKE AWAY: Don’t feel like dining out? We also have take-away pizzas and chicken wings to take to the beach or to your apartment!The EL TORO staff hopes to welcome you in one of the leading restaurants of Salou. See you at EL TORO!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Paid a visit about 10 years ago and it was above average but this time around it just wasnt amazing. Taking the order was rushed and the waiter left before we actually finished placing the order, had to call him back to add on a side.

Had 2 pizzas but both were average, both tasted ok but with mine, I needed scissors to cut it, it was really tough. The side was a bit poor and didnt really touch it in the end.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (592)

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Not the finest of dining venues ...bit makeshift and in need of a spruce up. Very sulky young female waitress ...not one smile or enquiry re how our food was either during or after the meal ....shame as the fillet was excellent ...need some customer service training if they want people to return

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank prudencebare
Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

We like to visit el toro every year we come to Salou and it is always consistently good. My youngest son loves the fact that he can order a rare fillet steak off the children’s menu. My husband had the rump steak which was nice and my sirloin was even better, both cooked to medium rare as requested. I asked for salad instead of chips which wasn’t a problem and you also get a scoop of something like potato salad. My other son is vegetarian and he ordered the veggie burger which was also very tasty. We ordered the half litre of house red and it went down really well. All this and a bottle of water, large beer and two cokes came to €80. We will definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

Coming from Ireland with a family of 5. Air conditioning not great, some staff need a holiday as not a smile in sight. One time a staff slapped a plate of chips on the tabe, very rude. Not once were we asked was the meal okay. Ridiculous the way the menu is attached to the table. Ordered baked potato with steak and got chips. Having said thst the steak was okay, value for money I'd say fair as it was approx 20 Euro. Peppercorn sauce was to die for.

Pizza my partner had was beautiful. All in all an average experience which I was a bit disappointed by

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

Been here previously on a trip and it was better last time. Clean restaurant. staff look happy and nice to greet you.
Kids menu is ok, son went for pizza and it was good. My wife wanted ribs and asked for a different sauce which seemed to be like asking the waiter to solve the Brexit issue. Could not be down, almost aggressive about it but with a smile.
The waitress got us what we wanted no problem. Clearly, she is a better politician.

Ribs were not great. my own burger was cooked as asked.

Overall not a great experience. Won't be back. Was not cheap for what we got

Date of visit: July 2019