“Fantastic experience”

Ranked #2 of 379 Restaurants in Salou
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012

After being closed on Monday and Sunday for dinner we finally got a booking for Tuesday dinner.
Quaint restaurant in a residential area. We missed in completely when it was shut. It looks like a cosy shop from outside. Some tables are set outside too. We sat inside cause it was a cold November day. The waitress ran through the entire menu since they don't have an English menu.
One of our guests was a vegetarian. They first served us three small starters in square cups. That was the time we were completely blown off, the rich cheesy foie gras and a caviar and a gazpacho all in very small quantities. Freshly baked bread, warm from the oven and wine to be enjoyed till our main course came up. They made a special veg meal with rice, asparagus and mushrooms. The fish was pureed and flatted in between lasagna sheets. The beef was a huge brown ball , when cut oozed out with some white stuff with an aftertaste of beef. Our tastebuds were completely blown off.
The desserts are another story. You will never forget this culinary experience. Plus the warm decor with comfy armchairs that you can plonk yourself in and a very tastefully decorated small personal restaurant.

3  Thank BINAMumbai_India

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Michelin-star-like food without the snobbish atmosphere and quite affordable. Lovely staff who immediately treat you to a trio of amuses, followed by delicious starters and main courses. But do not skip the deserts, you'd miss out!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent 4 nights at Port Aventura theme park, staying at the Port Aventura Hotel before joining a cruise from Barcelona. La Morera is the only first class restaurant in Salou which we highly recommend and is more than worth its Michelin guide entry. The service and help translating the Spanish menu was excellent. The food is first class. You must try it if in Salou, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My mum and I went on a weeks holiday to Salou last week and were finding it somewhat difficult locating any Spanish restaurants amongst the British and Irish bars... Then we found La Morera. Thank god! Beautiful restaurant, spectacular food, attentive and helpful service, what more could you ask for. The menu was in Spanish which I only knew a little of, but the waitress went through every dish with us in English. The price is obviously more than most restaurants in Salou but for Michelin quality food- worth every penny. Don't expect to eat 3 courses as they are quite rich and I recommend working up a good appetite before going. Oh and let the waitress recommend a nice bottle of wine- she knows what she's talking about! A big thank you to all the staff (especially the chef!) who couldn't have been more friendly and made it a lovely night for us.

5  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I cannot believe it is only in the Michelin guide, should definitely have a Michelin star in my opinion. Absolutely loved all the food I ate, fussy eaters who won't try anything new may not be catered for. But who cares? With food this amazing, I would have tried anything there (even things I usually dislike) because I am sure everything on the menu is amazing. Between four of us we all got something different, and the menu isn't very big so I think we tried half the menu between four of us. Everyone was happy with every dish. I have to say I would have been jealous of everyone else's dishes if mine weren't so yummy. I had tuna tartare (my favourite course), duck with foie gras (usually wouldn't eat foie gras but it was incredible) and the chocolate dessert with melted chocolate in the center (YUMMY!!!! I can't think of anyone who wouldn't like this).

3  Thank rubysparkles