“my favourite resort on the costa del sol”
Review of Benalmadena

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
greenock scotland
15 helpful votes
“my favourite resort on the costa del sol”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Went for a weeks holiday in Benalmadena spain a lovely and lively location on the costa del sol this is a great resort with lots to do and great beaches we stayed at the Palmasol hotel which is near the marina this is a beautiful part of the town with plenty of bars and excellent resturants you can also take a boat trip to see the dolphins if you are lucky all in all an excellent holiday location that i would glady recomend

London, United Kingdom
5 helpful votes
“My Least Favourite Place in Spain”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I have just returned from an 8 day holiday in Benalmedena and wont be returning. I have been to this area before some years ago and stayed in Calahonda and thought I would give it another go, I wish I hadn't. Restaurants in the area are mainly British run offering Irish Stew! English Breakfasts all day and frozen chicken variations all with chips or the speciality -salad! The Spanish run restaurants are clean but have a limited 'fish' menu. Beer is cheap and the whole place is tacky. You need to expect any beach sunbathing to be interupted with the 'trash' sellers, watches, sunglasses, clothes, etc every 10 minutes of the day! The beach is not actually sand but crushed shells and it can be very uncomfortable for younger feet, there are also many hidden underwater rocks. I found lots of 'black bag' rubbish stacked within yards of the main bathing areas, not nice!
Bus services are excellent and regular. Unless you know the hotel/appartment well and they provide it, then entertainment is very sparce so be warned. Beach loungers will cost you €4.50 per day and you will have to hire two on most beaches!
Not recommended.

2 Thank dougl27
hampshire uk
60 helpful votes
“tacky”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Apart from a very nice park the resort part of the area is a concrete tacky unpleasant place the beach is awful coarse sand .anything natural has been concreted over,the shops are full of the worst of holiday souviniers .
every restaurant does genuine yorkshire fish and chips.full english breakfasts and "a lovely sunday roast"
save the hassel of the airport and stay in the uk its prettier
most of the resort is filled with tattooed brits with obese children and grannies dressed as teenagers ,so people watching is a bit of a treat.
I can see why some people would like it but if you want to feel that you are abroad go somewhere else
the best bit about the resort is that you can get to gibraltar ronda and the alhambra palace from here.also the real local part of the town is quite nice

2 Thank zoidd
belfast (east)
5 helpful votes
“super super benalmadena”
Reviewed June 16, 2010

stayed in bella sept 2009 me my wife and 2 friends we stayed in sahara sunset and wow what an apartment, all you could ask for,weather brill, food very good, amenities superb, location superb 5 min walk to beach and cafes and bars all around us. what made it so special the friendly spanish and very helpful, we walked to torremolinos and got a bus to marbella 2 lovely cities and again very friendly people. my friend done a bit a homework and was able to get us to train station and we were able to walk to our hotel in 15 mins from bella station and it cost 1 euro 38 cents each, now thats a bargain.bella is a lovely place with lovely walks and superb scenery the supermarkets are cheap and close by,all in all you can only have a good time in bella thats why we going back in sept2010

1 Thank billyandjobelfast
ireland
2 helpful votes
“buzzing little town”
Reviewed June 12, 2010

We stayed near benalmadena about a 10 min walk away in a hotel near paloma park, which was fab we were woken up every morn by cockerels and other birds. In this park there is a hugh fountain and you can feed the birds because they are wild.
We stayed about a five minute walk from the beach which was spottless.The town of balmadena was a 10 min train journey from malaga airport and cost us about 5 euro instead of 30euro in a taxi. There were plenty of shops from clothes to furniture and plenty of restaurants to choose from. There is also a friday market with plenty of stalls to choose from and there was a place called tivloli world with amusments and rides. There are also cable cars that you can go up in and see the countryside faboulas.

1 Thank poppsireland

Been to Benalmadena? Share your experiences!