“Raw Chicken, Extremely Disappointing!”

El Mero Los Mellizos
Reserve with
El Mero Los Mellizos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 733 Restaurants in Benalmadena
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: El marco mas elegante para gozar de la exquisita calidad de los pescados y mariscos.En el magico Puerto Deportivo de Benalmadena que subyuga a los visitantes en las noches del verano costasoleno , El Mero los Mellizos ,ofrece las mas exquisitas especialidades de la cocina espanola realizada con mimo y maestria por su chef.Todo esto junto a la amable atencion que se presta a los clientes y a su selecto ambiente le convierten en uno de los preferidos de la Costa del Sol y hace imprescindible hacerle una visita.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ate here twice before however this year we were extremely disappointed. As my parents were with us on this holiday we recommended El Mero and brought them to it. I ordered chicken and chips for my 3 year old son. When it came out 2/3 of the breaded CHICKEN BREAST was RAW!! When I returned it I did not even receive an apology. When I received a new chicken breast we still didn't get an apology. The only time it was discussed was when I went to the counter to state that I would not be paying for my son's dinner. We will never eat here again.

2  Thank Sandra D

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Although our visit did start well, nobody greeted us until I asked somebody if we could be seated, we were then sat well away form the window table we had booked. I let them no of my displeasure! We have found in real Spanish restaurants the staff seem a bit off had to start with but if you let them know your not happy with something they usually respond very well.

From then on things got better, service was good and attentive, we were asked if we would like to moved to window table after we finished our starters when a table came free, which we did, the staff were very apologetic.

The food was excellent, only slight negative we would have liked a few more veg and the crème Brule had a soggy topping.

Would definitely go back.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

All the staff at this place should be fired on the spot for the lack of customer service. When you are paying top price for dinner you would think that you would get good service,but think again. Having been to Spain count less times and eaten out all the times in all types of places I can say it's the only place that I would never go back to.

1  Thank Darren42
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This restaurant should have it all - it has a stunning location overlooking the marina and is well appointed - looking like a decent place to eat....however, the reality is a little different. The staff were rude and abrupt, not attentive at all (it would have been so much easier just to smile!). The food was over priced and when mine arrived had obviously been sitting under a heat lamp for a good while. A very disappointing experience.

1  Thank Gegster
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Expensive prices, average food served cold and rude staff - go elsewhere, do not bother with El Mero.

1  Thank FussyTraveller39