“lived up to all the reviews” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Casa Rosa

Hotel Casa Rosa
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
N.ireland
“lived up to all the reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

this little gem of a hotel lived up to all the great reviews i read before my trip. The breakfasts were substantial - with the added bonus of home made icecream, crepes and cakes each morning. The room was clean and pretty with a balcony with views to the sea. The room had a little fridge filled with drinks and chocolate for just 1 euro or less per item used. I read a previous poor review regarding the beds being single beds. Our beds were single also - so what - its no big deal. Our water was always piping hot for showers, day or night. We were fortunate to have a room with a balcony which had a sea view and this was definitely a bonus. It was lovely to sit with a cup of coffee after breakfast and admire the view - I dont know if I would have been as happy with a different room. Also, I didnt take a car, I used public transport while I was in the pueblo. The pueblo is just 5 minutes taxi drive from the train station, it only costs 5-6 euro for a taxi to the hotel from the station. The train only took 20 minutes to get from the airport to the benalmadena station. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank crosspatchN_ireland

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Finnish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Well, I have to say, I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years, yet even the good ones I have rarely re-visited. Casa Rosa however, is a different story, as this was my second visit within a month.
What a wonderful hotel, small, very friendly and family run. Perfectly situated, quiet sedate and close to..all the usuals you want from a hotel but with a special flare and incredible value for money.
My only warning? Beware of the breakfasts - if you let them, they will feed you until you explode! :)
I will be back, there is no doubt about that.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room, sea views and freshair...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paul L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Its only stayed for four nights ,it wasn,t enough.from the day I arrived I was treated like royalty.If there is a formula for the perfect hotel then Rosa and her daughter have found it A special mention for the cleaners ,this hotel is spotless.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank dpburgess1
Santiago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked this hotel due to the reviews on this page. Everyone seemed to be raving about it. My stay was not great at all. I guess it would have been better if I would have gotten an ocean-view room, but there were none available when we booked. So we got a small room with a window that overlooked the town. That's fine. But then being a couple, we were hoping to get a double bed and got a room with two separate beds. Yes, they did put the beds together for us... but when you put 2 beds together you get that uncomfortable edge in the middle... so it doesn't really work well. To top it of, of the 4 mornings that we stayed there, only 2 of them was the water warm enough to take a nice hot shower. The other 2 days the water was bearly warm. They did tell us they were having problems with the water and were getting someone in to fix it. Finally, we decided not to bet on it and we decided to change hotels and left early.
Also, I was not happy to hear that breakfast service was only until 10:15... I was on a vacation, so I didn't want to be rushing around to get to breakfast, and wanted to be able to sleep in a bit... so I didn't. We ended up having breakfast at the cofee shops nearby. You would think most people that come this way are coming because they are on vacation at the beach and so it would make sense to offer breakfast until a little later during the morning. 11am seems decent enough for me. The other problem was the parking. It was a lottery, sometimes there was parking and sometimes there wasn't . Parking was out on the street and the street for the hotel usually had quite a bit of cars in it so it wasn't easy to find a spot.

I will give them the fact that the room and bathroom were spotless, and one does appreciate a clean room and bathroom.
Probably IF you can get a bigger room, with a real double bed if you are a couple the experience would be better. Also, for us the hot water issue made it worse.

Room Tip: definitely get a room with a view, and if you are a couple make sure you get a double bed, and not 2...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Carol G
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Rapheal, Rosa and thier daughter are the most welcoming hosts and cannot do enough to help you! The hotel is immaculate and the views from the room are spectacular. The location is quite far out of the tourism, but this is why we loved it! It is nestled in a beautiful village with plenty of bars and resturants to eat and drink at. I would definatley recommend the Indian resturant for a nice dinner and the chicken shop for a cheap tasty lunch! Transport to and from the village is cheap, we got a taxi into Benalmadena Costa one day which cost 10 euros. A Taxi to the airport was 25 euros. The breakfasts are amazing and the dining room is beautifully and tastefully decorated. We will be returning as soon as possible to this amazing little gem!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SmithO_13
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

It was an absolute pleasure to stay at hotel Casa Rosa. Rafael and Rosa could not be more helpful and Rosa's breakfasts are amazing! Would highly recommend them, well worth the money! Our room was cleaned and tidied daily to a very high standard. The room itself was typically spanish, basically decorated but lovely, had free wifi and a very cheap mini bar (A euro for a beer!). The hotel is situated in a quiet street in Benalmadena Pueblo with amazing views from the balcony over the old town and out to sea. Just round the corner from the hotel is a little row of shops (try the tapas in the cafe full of locals - its immense) and there are bus stops and taxi ranks. Busses going in both directions (down to Benalmadena costa/Torremolinos and to Fuengirola/Mijas) are regular and easy to use. I'd recommend getting a bus card from the local newsagents and just topping it up, you get discounted bus fares and makes travelling so easy! Travelling from Malaga airport was so easy by train, theres a bus stop right outside the train station in Benalmadena but a taxi is pretty cheap too! We emailed the hotel before flying out to let them know we'd be arriving late and Rafael was very helpful and understanding, sending us maps to help us along our way.
We had an amazing stay at hotel Casa Rosa and couldn't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: Eat breakfast at the hotel! Rosa is amazing and cooks everything to perfection :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank BigCityDreams-7
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

this is a gem of a hotel nestled in the picturesque village of benalmadena peublo which is located in the mountains overlooking benalmadena costa. if you are looking for a relaxing location away from the hustle and bustle this is your spot.it is well serviced by public transport. a taxi from the airport to the hotel should cost 27 euro. as for the hotel itself the accommodation and breakfast were exceptional. rooms have either sea view or overlook the street both of which were beautiful but sea view would be my preference. the owners rosa and maria rosa were fantastic hosts. we travelled with a toddler. enjoy!

Room Tip: choose a room with a sea view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family