1,091 results
All reviews casbah restaurant royal mirage refurbished apartment indoor pool on site restaurant non members washing machine time share dvd player well equipped kitchen small supermarket table tennis great resort recommend this resort mini golf paloma park crazy golf
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from a family holiday at this resort and can honestly say it’s one of the best I’ve been to.
Hotel has everything on your doorstep.
There is also an on-site supermarket which has a good choice of stock at reasonable prices.
The accommodation is home from home, nice friendly staff.
A special thank you to Alexandra and her staff for the present my daughter received for her birthday. This was a lovely touch and much appreciated.
Will definitely return and I highly recommend the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from Sahara sunset following a family sunny break. We wanted sun and relaxation with plenty of restaurants to choose from close by.
Absolutely loved our stay. The staff on reception couldn’t be more helpful and efficient on our arrival. The staff work hard to keep the grounds clean and tidy.
We had a lovely big two bed apartment, with everything you’d need for your stay. Tea coffee/ irons/ radio alarm clock tv etc.
September was a great time to go. Quieter around the hotel and weather still 25’C plus and lots of sunshine. The hotel is situated close to lots of bars and restaurants and super markets and a short 30 min walk to the marina. Along with a 3 minute walk to the beach. The pool side bar served a great selection of breakfast dishes along with a really good lunch menu. The pools aren’t heated but we had no problems getting in as it was so hot out there. There is kids play area, giant chess and a mini golf on site too.
We felt really looked after and highly recommend the Sunset Sahara. We hope to return next year.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank CornwallFerret
Reviewed September 15, 2019

This is a high rated (Tripadviser) hotel and for good reason. I ticks just about all able-personed boxes..

My review, as others, is a perspective from a disabled persons (and carer in my case) view so please PASS if this doesn't apply to you.

Access to Reception is flat and easy and there is a disabled loo on the ground floor near reception. Can't fault it - reception Staff warm and welcoming and can't do enough for you.

The Hotel Resort is a series of 'blocks' bustling round a couple of small outdoor swimming pools - the main one of which is by the restaurant and also seems to be where the evening entertainment happens. There is also a disabled toilet at the far end of the pool AND also one by the restaurant - great facilities in this regard!

A series of paths wind round the resort connecting all the accommodation blocks - all were easily traversed via flat gentle sloping paths.

As a 3 star Hotel, clients usually get given a 'map' showing their apartment and off they go rolling their luggage along with them.

WE didn't even have to ask, we were escorted to our apartment with me pushing my wife's wheelchair, and one of the reception Staff taking our luggage on a trolley - service with a smile!

Now the apartment, through reception into a lift, up one floor to the pool level, path winds around the pool to the other side then through to another block, past this block and upwards towards a large gate which allows access to what seems to be an underground car park under the block WE were in. It did seem quite a way from Reception, but our block overlooked a smaller pool which seemed more secluded than the main one.

We were let into our apartment which actually seemed to have had the layout designed by someone who knew about wheelchairs - there was sufficient turning space in all the right places, so living room to bathroom, to bedroom, were all easily traversed - probably one of the best laid out Adapted apartments that we've ever had - top marks. The Balcony overlooked the small pool and was large enough for the table, 4 chairs AND my wife's wheelchair!

The bathroom was well equipped with pull down bars by the toilet, shower with FIXED Shower seat and adjustable height shower. Slight criticism would be the sink which was a little on the high side for people that wanted to use it while still in their wheelchair.

The bedroom featured TWO profile single beds pushed together as a double. Wheelchair space to get into the bedroom but not enough to get alongside the bed.still in the wheelchair. If I am honest, as the carer and overweight, and ordinary bed would have suited me better that a profile bed which tend to have slats under mattresses which I tend to find uncomfortable.

As the carer, the apartment had all I needed, including washing machine and dishwasher - most important to me was the large fridge with freezer container. I still laugh at the advised 'coffee machine' which turned out to be a cafettiere - good job I brought our Nespresso Machine with us!

Now my constructive criticism:

1. Adapted apartments should be CLOSER to amenities not as far away as possible. Disabled guests need a strong carer or an electric wheelchair for the trips to and from the restaurant - I have this year returned home having LOST weight - NOT a bad thing my wife would say!

2. Direct sun is often an issue for disabled people, so sun loungers with parasols that can be moved around to provide shade where needed is a MUST. We weren't able to use ANY of the loungers around ANY of the pools because I couldn't easily alternate between sun and shade when needed. We spent most of the time on our balcony were the sun would be on different bits during the day allowing my wife to get her sun 'fix' - 20 mins in and 20 minutes out - I returned home as white as when I left.

3. This is a personal thing. The restuarant provided varied and tasty dishes at good prices. Cod, chips and mushy peas, hot dogs, burgers, lamb chops, steaks etc., What I missed was Spanish Food - sadly it seems that the clientel wanted to be catered for with British Food whereas I go abroad for the offering of the country I visit. I can't fault the Hotel for providing what was demanded. To be fair with 24 hours notice and someone else to share with, I could have had Paella!

In summary, any criticisms are personal and wouldn't applyt o everyone and is no fault of the Sahara Senset. All staff were amazing and a credit to Diamond resorts. The amenities of the hotel and room were great and far exceeded a 3 star hotel.

The only reason for the drop of a star is for the sardine-like cramming in of sun-loungers around the pool with no room in between and the lack of adjustable shade - we had a great holiday, the ONLY negative I have come away with is not being able to enjoy a little time lounging under the sun.

1  Thank Adrian1405
Reviewed September 12, 2019

Second stay in this lovely hotel less than five minutes for the beach and sea front. Very clean rooms and public areas. The reception staff are helpful and friendly. Would recommend taking the opportunity to have a relaxing massage.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2019

Not the best place for peace and quiet, some very noisy cockerels will get you up at dawn, there is a very nice but park nearby with noisy inhabitants..otherwise ok...the rooms are good and well equipped, but like most places in Benalmedina it is very busy and crowded during children holidays so might be good to give it a miss at those times and the sun beds are hard to find around the pool..otherwise a decent enough place..you can find yourself having an apartment off the main site...over the road.

Room tip: as far from the noisy cockerels as possible...
Date of stay: June 2019