3,141 results
All reviews first choice piano bar beach club football academy water park kids club across the bridge swim academy swimming lessons main pool wave pool american diner swim nappies entertainment team evening entertainment nuggets pirate ship
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019

Everything was brilliant! We loved the food, especially the tender meat and American ribs. The room was enormous and spotless. The view was amazing. Sun beds were comfortable and parasols plentiful. The staff were exceptional and so helpful. The holiday reps worked solidly 24/7 providing safe and fun activities from dawn till dusk. The water park was great fun. My children Matthew 8 and Hannah 6 absolutely loved it. We have been on 8 Tui 4* family holidays and this has to be one of the best! Thanks so much. Clare Davison

Room tip: Request a sea/pool view with a balcony onto the mezzanine roof for safety with young kids.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
hvcdsmanagement, Manager at Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Dear Clare F,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent holidays with us.

The First Choice Reps work tirelessly all season long and it is very welcome to hear back that this is noticed by the guests.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

Just returned from two weeks with the kids and friends and absolutely brilliant.
Hotel itself. Spotless and always clean
Food a bit samey, but then expected for two weeks in an all-inclusive.
Loads to do for the little ones (5-8 went to kids club, pool, small football pitch) and the older ones (13 & 14 had big football pitch, crazy golf, table
Tennis)
Water park opposite was OK and made a bit of a change ... VIP area was lovely
TUI reps were lovely and very helpful, only small issue was evening entertainment was not great, for kids or Adults... however massive shoutout to Anna and Azara from Holiday Village itself for the half hour singing at 9 o’clock with the little ones. Absolutely loved it and had so much time for the kids and put on great show

Thanks so much

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear Nickcarr1982,

We appreciate you taking the time and reviewing our hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent holidays. We will share you kind words with Anna and Azahara as their hard work deserves the recognition.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

We have just returned for a weeks holiday in the Holiday Village Costa del Sol. I travelled with my two children aged 11 and 4. This was the first time I have been away alone with my children and thought that a holiday village would be the place to go to.
We had a blast. The hotel was clean and well looked after. The rooms were spacious and clean as were the pool areas.
The kids club was great, my four year old daughter loved going to the point I had to say she needed to spend some time with me instead of going. Lots going on for children 3-12. My son went to the Football Academy which he also enjoyed. Both are well organised and the security is tight.
The only down sides I would say is all the extra costs.... so the football academy was 40 euros for two sessions, there were extra charges for certain kids club activities and branded ice creams weren’t included. I just think with an all inclusive holiday everything should be included in the price. The football academy is a fair walk from the hotel which wasn’t great for dropping off no picking up.
Yes the pools were cold but once you were in they were fine. I think this is to be expected.
There was a small play area that my daughter loved, I do think this could be bigger as it was always busy at night.
Evening entertainment was fab too with lots on not just at the main stage.
Our room was on the back of the hotel so no sea or pool view for us However we were facing the mountains which was beautiful. We had a very quiet situated room which helped with lie ins.
Food - breakfasts were our favourites lots of choice. For lunch we chose to eat at the pool bar where they had a jacket potatoes, toasties, chips, hot dogs etc. Lots of choice for drinks. Evening meals were a busy time with long queues however if you went about 7:30 it was much better.
All in all a fab week for us all. I would recommend and don’t be put off with reviews, people will complain about anything.

2  Thank Azzo83

Dear Azzo83,

We are very happy to hear that you had a great time on your holdiays.

We appreciate you commenting on the cleanliness of the hotel and pool area as we work very hard to maintain these areas clean throughout the day.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

A lovely resort which we all enjoyed.

Rooms - we had paid extra for a pool/sea view and weren't disappointed. We were on level 5 and I'd definitely recommend this if you enjoy a view. One evening we were able to see the Rif mountains in Morroco.

Food - food was good with a decent selection. Only downside that I picked up on was that the team were slow to replace. Twice I had my veg/rice etc and the meat had run out. To prevent the food going cold I ate what I had and returned for the meat. It shouldn't be hard to keep the food supply full. But overall it was good and there were a number of options.

Pools - really enjoyed the pools. Very cold as virtually all pools are in Spain so not a complaint. Child friendly, but maybe not the place with a teen? Mine is 6 and it was perfect for him.

All-inclusive - this is the only reason I didn't give full marks as this HV isn't as all-inclusive as others I've been to, which seems odd. For example, slush drinks are free, if you buy a drinks bottle for them. Ice creams/lollies aren't free but they are at others. There a trampolines for the kids but they are €2 a go. There were a few other examples of this which is disappointing when others haven't charged in previous years. No tea bags/coffee in the room but nowhere to get one from before 7:30am as machines not turned on.

But overall a good holiday and I would recommend and return.

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear andrewrutter1,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing our hotel.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holidays as we work very hard to ensure all our guests do so.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2019

I don't normally write reviews but do read them, before going on our holiday I read recent reviews about this hotel and to be honest was a bit worried, there was no need to be, I have just got back and had a lovely time. The rooms are large and spacious, the maids do a fantastic job of keeping the whole place spotless. The reps and kids entertainment was enjoyed greatly by our 3 and 6 year old. The food is nice, favourite meal was breakfast as seemed quieter than the evening meal (we did not have to queue long as suggested in the other reviews).
Top Tips to make holiday even better:
1. There is a box near the reps in reception where guests leave things for the taking when they go home - inflatables, toys, buckets
2. Book the 2 restaurants on arrival to ensure a good time spot.
3. Eat lunch over the road at the beach club - the food is slightly different, you can sit outside (we saw a lot of the reps eating there, think this is because it was nicer).
4. take a swim cap, there is an indoor spa by Spanish law you must wear swim caps - available there for 3 euros or take your own. Although it says 8 euros for steam room and sauna we were able to use these for free.
5. it says 15 euros for beach towels but the is not the case unless you lose them, get free towels on arrival and can change a few times for fresh ones during your stay.
6. The maids are too efficient! they always change the towels even when not left in the bath, so we just put no maid service needed when we wanted to keep our towels and be good for the environment.
7. Bus journey to Belamadena marina was not a lot and worth it. Nice cafes and boats trips.
8. Beach club has lots of hidden gems, splash park up the steps, kids pools, relaxing pool etc..
9. The hotel is Hugh and takes a while to get your bearings, we went for a week but longer would have been better to do it all.
10. aerial adventure great needs to be booked the day before, advised you to get there before the 12 o'clock time slot as there is usually a queue and limited spaces - free activity.
11. All free sessions at hv club are not pre-bookable but get busy so advice to arrive earlier than session start time.
Have a nice time on on your travels x x x

Room tip: need to pay extra for good views, we were at the back so not great views but quieter which suited us.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank sparklyhappy
hvcdsmanagement, Manager at Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Dear sparklyhappy,

Thank you very much for your informative review of our hotel.

The maids will be very happy to hear your kind words.

We are glad that all was to your liking and we hope to see you soon.