“Costa del sol holiday village”
Review of Holiday Village

Holiday Village
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here October 2013 with 2 kids aged 12/7, read bad reviews b4 we went so I was unsure what to expect. The holiday was fab from start 2 Finish, weather was fab very clean hotel. Clean room every day & towels the pool side was kept very clean throughout the day as people can have lunch by the pool. I noticed the cleaner was regularly going around cleaning up. Rooms were spacious if u walk over the bridge they av a small water park attached to the hotel which was fab, the only reviews I wud agree with are the pools are very very ice cold but kids enjoyed it. Food was good but it's always nice to come home. There local mc Donald's if u go into the town as we'll. smooth transport between airport & hotel wud defo visit again one of our best holidays xx

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank Georgia Molly B
hvcdsmanagement, Manager at Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear queen1983,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding our hotel.

We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel and it´s facilities.

We hope to see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,751)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Had a fabulous family holiday with mum, dad, granny, grandad and three kids. Weather was outstanding and the complex had everything a family would want. The food was good, hotel staff were very friendly and eager to please. In addition the First Choice staff were brilliant, our oldest was in the Little Stars club, and they were so enthusiastic considering it was the end of the season. The place was also spotlessly clean and I would say if I were to be pushed for a downside it was quite isolated.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Drew I

Dear Drew I,

We are very happy to hear that your family enjoyed their holiday.

It is especially pleasing as there was a variety of ages and all were satisfied with our service.

Many thanks and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

we have stayed in this hotel 2 times previous to our last visit which was in may 2013 and on our last 2 visits we absolutely loved it and the kids loved it too it was very clean and very well looked after , food was great and the entertainment was good however on our last visit we went for 2 weeks as previous we had only done 1 but had enjoyed it so much decided to do 2 but after the first day we all couldn't wait to come home the standards for this hotel have dropped considerably the first choice staff were hopeless and also very understaffed and the hotel staff were not much better we had a major problem with a huge army of ants on the balcony which doesn't sound that bad but when u have a phobia of them it is and all we was offered was to be moved to the floor below which was exactly the same but that was all they cud do apparently but they did also send a maintenance bloke who reaked of marijuana with a filler gun to fill in the holes which was affective for about 3 hrs until they found a different route, then you have the maids which come in daily only I don't know y as all they did was straighten up the already made bed and didn't even clean the floors as theyre was dust balls in both the rooms we had as we took my mum and sister as it was soo good in previous years so they were really looking forward to it which made it all so much more disappointing then you have the food which again in previous years had quite a good selection but this time was dreadful I lived on chips for 2 weeks because that was all that was worth eating and then the entertainment had really dropped they had not done anything new to 2 yrs previous so was very tiresome and then to top it all off I had paid just short of £5000 for that privilege but got talking to another family that was practically the same as us same amount of people and had arrived at the same time and was leaving at the same time and they had paid just short of £3000 so as if the hotel itself wasn't bad enough we had been ripped off by a good £2000 from first choice we will never return to this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone ! we have booked again with first choice again in oct 2013 for may 2014 as one last chance and apparently the earlier you book the better deal you get and FREE kids places but I have jus noticed they have done it to us again as to book the same holiday today that I booked in oct 2013 so only 2 months ago it is £1500 cheaper so am seriously starting to doubt first choice and am in the process of cancelling altogether with them as I cannot abide being ripped off it really isn't fair we have 1 holiday a year and we work very hard to pay for that to then learn that everybody else has paid a lot less than we have tut tut first choice you should be ashamed !!

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank debbie s
hvcdsmanagement, Manager at Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us wasn´t as you expected.

With regards to the cost of your holiday, I am afraid that it is an issue that the Hotel itself has no control over as your agent is the source of payment.

The cleanliness of the hotel and it´s rooms is something that we have massively improved on and are surprised and sorry to hear this was not the case on your last visit.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Wow this holiday was fab, the rooms were big and spacious and clean with a daily maid service. There was so much to do with the water park across the bridge and we had great fun hiring the rubber rings. Food was good and a good selection available through out the day. Lots of activities around the pool throughout the day and all the bars were open making getting drinks quick and easy all inclusive ment all inclusive and the on site shop offered a wide selection of English items. Staff were friendly and kids club was fantastic, my daughter had a 1-1 swimming lesson and the girls were fantastic and it was so easy to book. The buses go regularly from just outside the hotel there's not one thing I could complain about this holiday it really was fantastic my 4 year old loved it and kept her busy the whole time. The on site Italian and Mexican was nothing special and served the same kind of food from the reatruant but worth a visit for a change of atmosphere! Overall I would definitely return!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Hannahmarie89

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving us your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel was fabulous. Spotless. The food was lovely, the rooms were clean, easy to find, just had a bit of trouble as we were on the 5th floor facing the mini golf. So I'm only 13 and I was only just 12 when we visited this hotel last year, but I remember all of it. I travelled with my mum,who was 39,my dad who was 39, my brother who was 8, my friend wo was also 12, her dad at 39, my dad's friend at 41, his wife at 40, their son who was 14, and my uncle who was 43. We all enjoyed it. So we all arrived and went to the bar as it was 6pm and we were all tired and had an early night. So first proper day we went to the main pool, and us kids went to the splash area and hired rubber rings:). Just what let's that last star down is the fact that you have to hire rubber rings, and certain points in the holiday everybody had evacuate the pool, becuase people had had a bit of a number 2 in the pool, I'm serious. Anybody who went at the end of July, to middle of August would know. So all pools were great, and the pool bar was good, but the group of 12+ joined escape and we made lots of friends and when not in escape we would go around different pools together! I loved the holiday lots! mainly a family holiday, had laundry room and a spa I think, but it might just of been a adult pool, this is a bit naughty but at night we played manhunt in the carparks, nobody knew, then we got stuck in the lift altogether as about 15 of us, so I'm going to let you decide, personally as a family we loved the hotel, and it's also very close to a beach and has shuttle buses to different beaches, if you choose this holiday, I hope you have a great time.
Just one thing I travelled in July 2012 not 2013.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view, doesn't matter what block, but on 4th-5th floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Luciee B
hvcdsmanagement, Manager at Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words regarding our hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Our second visit to this hotel and this time there was 12 of us. Great for the kids as long as you like water as there are about 8 swimming pools, including rapids and water chutes. Food is good and there is plenty to drink. Entertainment is a little bit up and down and there is one bar open after midnight and you have to start paying for the drinks. Gibraltar is about an hour away and the duty free is good. Kids loved it and we will go back again

Room Tip: At the back
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank jameselee2016
hvcdsmanagement, Manager at Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for leaving us your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday as this is our purpose for being here.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Spent a week with four adults and two children aged 7 and 10. The pool in the main building was overcrowded and lack of space and sun beds most of the beds were taken before breakfast.the other pools we're across the road that had all the play areas but most of the facilities were closed also most of the cafes and outlets snack food and ice-cream had to be paid for if you did not have your room key with you, bearing in mind that this is an all inclusive hotel The other pools were open to the public who took up most of the sun beds there. I understand that these hotel only cater for children. But the entertainment room did not have enough seating also there were such long cues to the bar their seemed the bar staff were only serving so many drinks in a
given amount of time.It would have been nice for the grandparent to sit in the other bar were you
Could sit down an enjoy a drink with some sort of entertainment but the only entertainment were one singer accompanied with a sax that seemed like it was the first time he played it. This went on for the whole week the best part was when they took a break and put on some music.
The hotel sold inflatables in the shop inside the hotel but these were not allowed in any of the pools what a con.The hotel is really isolated so to go anywhere you need to get a bus which is
always full up so you can't get on and the taxies are quite exspensive there is know where within easy walking distance.
This hotel is really set up for people with kids between 5-8 any kids older than this there is a lack of things to do so borden sets in speaking to other people with kids the same age as ours agreed

Room Tip: Take your walking shoes if you want to go to the other pools
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank geoffrey p

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to leave your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with some of our services.

The Duo that plays in our main bar varies every night and are professional musicians. As well as this nightly Duo, there is the Entertainment in the Malaka Room.

With regards to the inflatables we sell in our shop, they are clearly marked with a sticker stating that they cannot be used in the main pool. The reason for this is due to safety. The lifeguards need a clear view of all people in the pool to be able to do their job properly.

I hope this clears up any misundertsanding regarding our services and hope that you will consider us for any future holidays.