We have just returned from our 5th or 6th stay at Las Arenas. We arrived on 30 March about 1130 and were instantly recognised and greeted by Estephania on the reception desk. We soon had a room allocated and were unpacked and changed with half an hour!
In the evening some of the restaurant staff also recognised us from previous visits. We used to go down to eat about 1915 and never had to wait for a table allocation. The restaurant offers a wide choice of buffet salad style starters and an equally wide choice of main courses from meats, fish, both hot and cold, vegetables, paella etc. There was an equally wide choice of sweets, from pastries/cakes and an abundance of fresh fruits, nuts, ice cream etc. There was plenty of variety of breads as well.
It must be difficult not to find something to like here. Breakfast choices were equally wide.
The bar staff are great at their job and prices for the drinks are very reasonable. Happy hour from 1700 to 1800 offers 2 for 1 drinks - but they don't ring last orders just before six!
The rooms are kept well cleaned and maintained although probably due to older building construction techniques the walls are a bit thin!
Without fail the staff here are great. Polite, effecient and they work hard. We should try other hotels and resorts but it's difficult not to get drawn back here.
We went with Thompsons and having a taxi transfer costs a bit more but does cut out the coach travel either way from/to the airport. Buy a travel card for 1.80 Euro from the Tabac near the Windmill Roundabout and pre-load it with a few euros and you will save approximately a third on local bus fares. The services to Malaga, Fuengirola, Mijas, Benalmadena Pueblo are all available from stops close to the hotel. Arroyoz de la Miel up the hill to the rear of the hotel is a nice shopping centre. The train staion is also there.
We enjoyed our stay again. A very good value holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Arenas Hotel is located in front of the Bil Bil Castle, in the heart of Benalmadena-Costa, with shops and restaurants around. It is located in front of Santa Ana's beach and 8 kilometers from the airport. The Torrequebrada Golf Course is located approximately 2 km from the hotel.The hotel was renovated in 2004, has a main building with 7 floors and 174 rooms with views, 15 family rooms with bathroom, telephone, Wifi free, air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar and terrace. The Facilities include a lobby with 4 lifts and a reception open 24 hours a day with currency exchange desk and a café, Wifi free in common areas..The hotel has a restaurant with buffet and show cooking at lunch and dinner, room, bar and parking. Free Wifi in common areas and Internet point (surcharge).In the outdoor complex there is a swimming pool and a sun terrace with parasols and sun loungers. You will be able to play table tennis and golf (golf course 1 km away). At your disposal is a program of activities and entertainment (seasonal), with live music in the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Las Arenas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Arenas Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Las Arenas Benalmadena
- Hotel Las Arenas Benalmadena