We stayed from 8th to 22nd Aug and can only say what a great hotel it is, the restaurant and bar staff smile all the time and are so helpful and friendly. The prob with the food is you just eat so much it was hard for us to stop. We could nearly alway get a sun bed at the pool and you just had to time it well, there is alway some sun somewhere.
The hotel is in the best spot for this area, there was no prob for getting a bus to Mijas, Malaga or the old town. We found the hotel could order a taxi that came in minuets that helped if you wanted to get somewhere fast but then wanted to stroll back down hill. We did this when we went to the market on a friday up at Tivioli park which was very good. 6 euros in taxi. The lovely park up the road was so nice for a stoll and for the younger ones a four seater bike to go round the lake.
I just have to mention Katherine the rep. She was fantastic ( please stop by at her meeting) she always had a smile, was so helpful but never in your face. The talk was so helpful with hints of where to go and the green card on buses. I have to say that to book through her for trips was brill. You buy them with her any time but they are an open ticket, so you can use it from the time you buy to the time you go home. We booked the sight seeing bus which is great for drop off and pick up, it lasts for 48h and you get the butterfly park free. Cable cars well worth it and get up there just befoe 12 to see the free bird show, very good but very hot, they sold parasols for 4.50 and well worth it. Strolled to marina many times in day and night make sure to do both. We went to Granada, Alhambra palace and Gibraltar both well worth it
We did so much on this holiday as this hotel is bang in the right spot, we felt it was for all ages as we are a family with 2 children 8 and 12. the rooms was a great size for us, plenty of hanging and shelfs, showers the best iv had in a hotel and clean towels every day and sheets changed. Just watch out that if they need to fix something in the room the can come any time, they will knock but i was grabbing a towel when he was unlocking the door to come in as no answer. He was very sorry. The evening entertainment was funny as it really depends how the people watching are, as one night a group of spanish ladies ( not from the hotel came in think the must of known who was on) danced the night away and other nights no one got up. ( oh yes except me and my husband) had a good laugh!
Can only end "Fantastic Holiday"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Arenas Hotel is located in front of the Bil Bil Castle, in the heart of Benalmadena-Costa, with shops and restaurants around. It is located in front of Santa Ana's beach and 8 kilometers from the airport. The Torrequebrada Golf Course is located approximately 2 km from the hotel.The hotel was renovated in 2004, has a main building with 7 floors and 174 rooms with views, 15 family rooms with bathroom, telephone, Wifi free, air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar and terrace. The Facilities include a lobby with 4 lifts and a reception open 24 hours a day with currency exchange desk and a café, Wifi free in common areas..The hotel has a restaurant with buffet and show cooking at lunch and dinner, room, bar and parking. Free Wifi in common areas and Internet point (surcharge).In the outdoor complex there is a swimming pool and a sun terrace with parasols and sun loungers. You will be able to play table tennis and golf (golf course 1 km away). At your disposal is a program of activities and entertainment (seasonal), with live music in the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Arenas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Arenas Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Las Arenas Benalmadena
- Hotel Las Arenas Benalmadena