Recently returned from a week staying at the Las Arenas hotel. On arrival given a room on the third floor, wg=hich had twin beds in, but in my view was a single room, with no balcony, only a window, & no room to move about in. On enquiring at reception, Eva told me that there were no other rooms available, & to enquire the next morning. Did not bother to unpack,except the essentials.
The next morning after breakfast Christobal said to ask after 11am, did so & was given the key to a room on the sixth floor, with a balcony,much better, twice the wardrobe space & much larger bathroom. The rooms at the Las Arenas are not very large but OK for a week or two. Nicely furnished, firm mattresses, & clean.
The reception staff are very pleasant, & speak, especially if you are OK with them.
The dining room seeems to cause a few guests problems, but it only seats 180 people, & considering there are 6 floors, withe 26 "double" rooms on each floor, plus 10 on the 7th floor, you do the maths. The dining room manager or one of the waiters have to "police" the guests, by asking you to wait to be seated. This means that you are shown to a table, which is freshly set for you, & helps to stop guests wandering around aimlessly looking for a table, & getting in the way.We only had to wait approx 10mins., even when busy. All the dining room waiters are very busy & constantly on the go. Yet again, if you are pleasnt with them & speak to them properly & say please & thank you, you are always greeted, & reponded to. Why do some guests forget simple manners?!?
The food is edible, with quite a varied choice, vegetarians beware, limited options, unless requested. Breakfasts omelettes & pancakes are cooked fresh for you as required.
The bar staff are also pleasant. Happy hour is obviously busy, the evening entertainment is fine for smallish hotel. They have many guests who return year after year.
Nicely situated opposite the BilBill Castle, a few bars & eating places nearby, plus a mini mart at the back. But if you want outside entertainment on an evening, be prepared to walk. Close to Paloma park which is very well looked after, no rubbish,litter,graffiti, etc., & has lovely views, & is very popular with tourists & locals. Shame parks in England are not cared for the same, or treated as well by locals & visitors!
This is the first visit to the Costa del Sol, did not manage to visit any other resorts, but I have no desire to return to there. Much prefer the Costa Blanca.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Arenas Hotel is located in front of the Bil Bil Castle, in the heart of Benalmadena-Costa, with shops and restaurants around. It is located in front of Santa Ana's beach and 8 kilometers from the airport. The Torrequebrada Golf Course is located approximately 2 km from the hotel.The hotel was renovated in 2004, has a main building with 7 floors and 174 rooms with views, 15 family rooms with bathroom, telephone, Wifi free, air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar and terrace. The Facilities include a lobby with 4 lifts and a reception open 24 hours a day with currency exchange desk and a café, Wifi free in common areas..The hotel has a restaurant with buffet and show cooking at lunch and dinner, room, bar and parking. Free Wifi in common areas and Internet point (surcharge).In the outdoor complex there is a swimming pool and a sun terrace with parasols and sun loungers. You will be able to play table tennis and golf (golf course 1 km away). At your disposal is a program of activities and entertainment (seasonal), with live music in the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, ETB and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Las Arenas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Arenas Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Las Arenas Benalmadena
- Hotel Las Arenas Benalmadena