This hotel is in an excellent location on the promenade border of Torremolinos in one direction and the local Marina in the other. There are nice shops/restaurants right on the doorstep.
This hotel was one of the cleanest I have stayed in abroad, the rooms and bathrooms are a good size and cleaned daily. The complimentary toiletries are pretty basic for a 4 star hotel but sufficient if you need them.
We stayed half board for 2 weeks 22/5/13- 5/6/13
The food in the buffet restaurant is good and plentiful although they label some dishes but not others and it can be hard to tell what things are. If you are staying for a fortnight, there in my opinion is not enough variety to prevent food boredom setting in. Dinner is in two sittings (you have to say at the start what sitting you are going to and stick with it for the duration) and you are allocated a table which you should have for the duration of your stay. This was ok in theory but did not work and we ended up having three different tables during our stay as our table had also been allocated to other people! I found this system quite odd and between that and queuing for food due to the set dinner times it became a bit like a school canteen! That said the food was nice but it was nice eating out a few times and getting away from the canteen regime!
This hotel has recently changed from Riu to Mac hotels so I don't know if there is much change. The entertainment is dreadful, which is a shame as the bar area is a nice place to sit in the evening.
While there are some minor details which stopped me rating this hotel as excellent ( I admit I am very fussy) overall I would definitely stay again. If you want a brilliant location and like clean accommodation then I have no qualms about recommending this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront 4-star hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena, with free WiFi, is located on the beach front and next to the marina, with its lively atmosphere and night life.The Malaga airport is also less than half an hour's drive away.This 4* hotel is ideal for breaks for couples in the Costa del Sol, offering 272 large rooms with terrace. The area of Benalmadena offers also the possibility to practice sport such as tennis, horse riding, bike renting, squash, aquatic sports, etc, but it is also well known for the 10 golf courses in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Puerto Marina Benalmadena
- Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena Costa Del Sol, Spain