We booked this hotel through travelzoo for £55 per room Half Board (should be anything between £70 - £90 per room night) for a long weekend in April.
We were not disappointed at all. On arrival we were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff on reception. We were provided a glass of champayne each on arrival whilst being booked in. Once fully brief about meal times and options we were given the key to our room which was on the 2nd floor.
On walking into the room, the first thing I noticed was its size. The room is bigger than most spanish hotel rooms. The bathroom was stocked with freebie shampoo, bath gel, soap. Even a free comb !.The beds were very comfortable even though mine squeaked a little. We had a mini fridge which had complimentary beer, pop and water in there. I've never had that before at all !!
We had a pool view room which was nice. There are only a small number of sea view rooms due to the hotels configuration. We had a lovely balcony with an inbuilt washing/towel hanger. The balcony had 2 chairs and a table. The only problem with the room was that the hotel boasts it has air con/heating however both were switched off at the time we were there (19th-22nd April)..I did bring it to the receptions attention however they said they were changing it over from heating to A/C and would take over 2 days for the system to work. However I have seen a reply from the manager on another review saying something different (ie AC not switched on as its not required as yet due to the weather however we definately needed it on during the night as the rooms got muggy albeit the temp outside was not so. Im not sure how the management can make the decision on everyones behalf that its not necessary yet, everyone has a different tolerance level)
Anyway, food was good. Breakfast was better organised than evening meal. Its not obvious on arrival of your evening meal however you have to present yourself to the main waiter however when you dont know who he is then this makes it difficult. Once you've presented yourself he will sit you down at a table somewhere in the restaurant. This table is then yours for the duration of the stay. This again is not obvious on arrival and not communicated. It gets very hot in the restaurant without AC. Windows were open but wasnt helping. The food quality is excellent for a buffet type meal. Very varied and well cooked/tasty.
All of the staff were friendly and helpful. But bear in mind you need to ask. The cleaners were lovely. Hotel was clean and tidy. Pool had a bar/snack bar, lifeguard and beds. Pools towels can be got from reception with a 10 euro deposit per towel. Pool very cold. Im guessing its freshwater.
All in all, for my £55 per night the hotel was an excellent deal for the two of us.
One last thing, the entertainment needs improving. They put on a singer every night but their material is cheesey and corny. Most of the clientelle are over 50years old. We felt very young here !
Great location for the marina and its bars and restaurants. The only problem here are the numerous lucky lucky men who are constantly trying to sell you cheap usual stuff plus the restaurants have a member of staff outside each one trying to get you to eat at their place which gets annoying after a while. Loads of boat trip business along the marina walk. We went on an english owned and staffed one. 20 euro per person for 2 hours on a sail boat. Free drinks. Sometimes dolphins are seen. (not when we were on there tho).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront 4-star hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena, with free WiFi, is located on the beach front and next to the marina, with its lively atmosphere and night life.The Malaga airport is also less than half an hour's drive away.This 4* hotel is ideal for breaks for couples in the Costa del Sol, offering 272 large rooms with terrace. The area of Benalmadena offers also the possibility to practice sport such as tennis, horse riding, bike renting, squash, aquatic sports, etc, but it is also well known for the 10 golf courses in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Puerto Marina Benalmadena
- Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena Costa Del Sol, Spain