My husband and I have just had a really good holiday at Riu Peurto Manrina Hotel, Benalmadena (where we have not travelled to before). Arrived on 28 September 2012 (44th wedding anniversay) for a celebratory holiday. It was teeming it down with rain and it had obviously been raining for a few days judging by the small lake on the roundabout outside hotel. The evening was dry and thankfully the rain stopped on the Sunday 29th and then we had fantastic temperatures.
On entering the hotel we were greeted by really pleasant staff and a "welcome" glass of Cava - how nice!! We checked in and when we were advised of our meal sitting (2nd) I wasn't too happy but the receptionist very kindly changed it immediately to 1st sitting. We were given our key and proceeded to our given room but on opening the curtains once again I was disappointed as there were loads of trees blocking our view from the balcony. I love sitting on the balcony of an evening sharing a drink or two with my husband. I went back to reception to ask if there was a possibility of changing the room - no hesitation, the young man was very kind and pleasant and changed it for a room overlooking the square. We enjoyed many evenings on the balcony watching all the people coming and going on their nights out (after we had been out ourselves & returned back to hotel).
Now the hotel itself - the room was spacious with lots of drawer and wardrobe space. There was air conditioning but it did not seem to have any effect on the temperature of the room and the ceiling fan just rotated the warm air - but we do go abroad for the heat don't we? Clean and light bathroom with hairdryer and towel change when requested. The cleaners were very friendly, worked hard and greeted you every time you met. The restaurant was large and we were shown to a table just inside on our first evening but after the meal the head waiter asked if we were happy with the table and I requested a table further into the restaurant as there was a lot of walking about to get the food. This second table was the one allocated to us for the duration of our holiday which I think is a good idea as you know where you are sitting each evening. Breakfast was a "sit where you like" meal. The food was varied and we could always find something we liked. I was very pleased with the choice of fruit for dessert. The restaurant staff were also very friendly but did rush around a lot so you had to be careful not to collide with any of them. There were lots of sunbeds and there wasn't any rush in a morning to get one - this could be because of the time of year. There was a parasol for every two beds. The resort itself is very clean and the location of the hotel meant that you only had to walk a few yards down the promenade and you were in Torremolinos. It was a lovely long promenade with lots of shops which we walked down many days, in fact the whole area is wonderful with the marina, little trains, tour bus, lots of bars and restaurants and Sealife. The marina is fascinating and we just seemed to walk and walk every day. We are not lovers of the beach or sea but we do love to go walking around to see all of the area. We did seem to have quite a few mosquitos around (probably due to the rain before we arrived) so we were both nibbled quite a lot. Because we weren't expecting this we had left our sprays etc at home so had to buy some more.
I can honestly say that we had a lovely time at this hotel and think that the staff were all great. They were friendly, smiling and always trying to please. I always think that if you are pleasant with people then that is what you receive in return. I would love to return to this hotel or any other Riu hotel and so I have applied for the Riu card in preparation for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront 4-star hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena, with free WiFi, is located on the beach front and next to the marina, with its lively atmosphere and night life.The Malaga airport is also less than half an hour's drive away.This 4* hotel is ideal for breaks for couples in the Costa del Sol, offering 272 large rooms with terrace. The area of Benalmadena offers also the possibility to practice sport such as tennis, horse riding, bike renting, squash, aquatic sports, etc, but it is also well known for the 10 golf courses in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Puerto Marina Benalmadena
- Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena Costa Del Sol, Spain