“Really enjoyed my stay”

Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have just returned from Benalmedena and I was staying in the Riu Puerto Marina. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The location, food and cleanliness were top class.

But it's biggest selling point has to be the staff! Polite, friendly, helpful and always in good humour!
This was my first stay in a Riu hotel, but I will certainly do so in future if there is one available!

Though not in need of them myself, I would also like to mention the facilities available for disabled guests. I have travelled very widely and can honestly say I have never witnessed the amount and standard available for these guests.

As Arnie said.....I'll be back!

Room Tip: I was located on the 3rd floor with a street view and there were no problems with this.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Deldee

Reviewed September 16, 2012

just retured 1week stay 100% now lets talk about clever people. the review by marmite margolis they talk about wi fi flat screen tele im impressed woundnt you think they would have known that the balconey doors have a small sensor so the air con works 24hrs if these are closed correct we have all met these type of people before just dont take any notice iv been going to the costa del sol for the last30 years on and off im now 52 and this was the best hotel and food and sevice yet

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chuble2
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just returned from Hotel Riu Puerto Marina Benalmadena. We stayed 11 nights from 3rd Sept 2012. Weather was delightful if you like it hot, not one bad day. Hotel very very clean, staff all wonderful nothing too much trouble for them. Food excellent always a very wide and good choice. Gents to wear long trousers for dinner. Pool and beach towels supplied so no need to take any. Price of sunbeds on the very close beach 9 euros for 2 very comfy beds parasol and table. Monet bar for afternoon coffee and muffin 2 euros. 2 mins from the beach. Taxi rank just outside and very cheap 6 euros to market each way and 10 euro into centre torremelinos. Couldn't stay in hotel at nite as it was a bit boring and also very quiet round the pool in the day. Average age of guests when we stayed was 70. With good bars and walks so close it wasn't a problem. Ask for a hight floor at the front if possible. Can be a little noisy fri and sat early hours but didn't bother us, the dustbin men and road cleaners make more noise around 7.30am. Alot of german guests when we stayed. I'm glad we had friends with us. Would stay again .

Room Tip: Ground floor room have no views except those round the pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gretta G
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Many people may have been put off by the damaging and basically erroneous review by Marmite Margolis.I have returned today and decided to post this immediately so as not to spoil people's holidays. I have written many reviews including ones on Las Arenas anTHB Torrequebrada.This is better than both.The location is brilliant the staff are great and the food is superb. The air con is shut off when the rooms are being cleaned but comes back on at 3pm and is on throughout the night till most normal people have had breakfast. No Wi Fi!!! This is aholiday hotel not a business hotel. I saw people on laptops downsatirs. I had hot coffee every day and there is even a separate place where you can get hot water and make your own!! What is this other reviewer on?? Flat screen tele!!!get a life and get out of the room!! I recommend this hotel to everyone without exception. My wife got free bottle of cava as it was her birthday . Re towels. Hotel tells everyone that towels should not be placed on recliners but what can one do? Try the Tapiera opposite hotel for lunch-3 courses for 10 euros-half dozen choices each course-wine 9 euros.Go and enjoy.

Room Tip: We had room at back whichoverlooked greenery and private houses. Dark in room but lovely and cool(an...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mal Odorous
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a week half board and do not have a bad thing to say about the hotel ! The staff are friendly and happy to help , the rooms are cleaned to an excpetional standard and the food is varied and nice.

My only comments are not complaints just suggestions . As a young adult I did find the hotel more suited to older couples or families due to the entertainment and atmosphere but as I was not out for a party holiday it did not bother me at all , those looking to meet young people their own age to socialise with may be disappointed. Also I found I ended up not being up early for breakfast most mornings and wanted to eat out a few times so half board ended up not being so worth it however when I did eat there the food was nice and there was lots of choice , I am an extremley fussy eater so thats saying a lot.

The pool area looked quite small but I did not spend any time here as I was out every day sight seeing ect ... it did look clean and well looked after with a pool side bar.

There are comments on here that the air con is turned off ... I did not experience this I had the air con on all night and with a ceiling fan as well found the room very comfortable.

The bathroom is a decent size with powerful shower and big mirror. Tolietries are provided !

Mini bar is reasonabley priced and stocked up on a regular basis.

There are lots of plants ect at the front of the hotel where our balcony happend to look out on ... While these look lovely I think they make it more probable that you will be bitten by bugs so keep the balcony doors closed and take an insect repellent for the evening ! I was bitten a few times it is not a major problem just something to be aware of.

The beds seem to be two single beds together which again isn't a major problem but couples may prefer a double bed and I don't think they have them here.

The location itself - excellent ! Close to the airport , on the marina which is beautiful, has lots of lovely bars and places to eat , right next to the beach where there are more bars and restaurants and near bus routes should you fancy day trips. Would recommend it as a holiday for any one , can choose to venture to nightlife if you wish or have a more quiet affair and there's lots of activities and things to do ! Everything is easy to find as there's lots of tourist information.

Lovely hotel and place :) would recommend highly

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Hotchocandbics
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I would never visit this hotel again. It is an exceptionaly poorly ran hotel. I am about to ask for a refund fod the rest of my stay so i can go elsewhere.

Problems with this hotel include.

1.... air conditioning is turned off by hotel management between the hours 7pm till 3pm the next day... so when you want the AC in the night , you cant use it... they presumaby are tryjng go save money at guests expense and discomfort.

2... no internet access in room.. duh! this is supposed to be 4 star hotel and no internet access???

3... there is no parking

4.... rooms are old decor, small screen very old telly, no spanking new lcd here, bathroom is bog standard.

5.... breakfast buffet is uninspiring, coffee is cold.

Totally unforgivable fo turn off the aircon, this is southern spain in august, its damn hot and impossible to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012
10  Thank margolis_marmite
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Went here for first two weeks of August (half board) . I couldn't find anything to complain about , Food excellent and plentiful. the room and all common areas of the hotel were spotless all the time, the location was superb a few minutes walk to the beach and the marina was also just a few minutes walk. We had a fantastic holiday there and we would return.

Room Tip: I asked for and got a room on the 3rd floor as suggested by other travelers and was delighted with t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Maire B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benalmadena
Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia
Hotel & Spa Benalmadena Palace
Hotel Best Triton
Hotel Best Triton
#9 of 45 in Benalmadena

Been to Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena? Share your experiences!