Aparthotel Sunny Beach
  • Beachfront
MS Alay Apartments(Benalmadena)
$149
TripAdvisor
All reviewsno air conthese apartmentspaloma parkwee shopspool arealocation location locationstunning sea viewsplenty hot waterplenty of sunbedsbonanza squaretop floorfantastic locationrooms are basicwould definitely stay here againup to datebed sheetsbeautiful park
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Just returned from a week at Sunny Beach Apartments in Benalmadena and have to say it was great value for money. All of the balconies overlooked the sea and were of a good size. The apartments themselves were very roomy with 2 single beds and sofa bed in studio. I would not recommend cooking in the apartment as you are very tight for workspace,but as I only had breakfast and the odd coffee it did not really matter. My friend and I were given rooms on different floors from each other initially,but on speaking to Juan (who is so friendly) my friend was moved down to room next door to me the morning after we arrived. So ,thank you Juan! Only problem in these apartments is the lack of air-con especially in height of season.

Buses are not far from the apartments to let you travel along the coast in both direction,so it is very easy to get around. Entertainment is a bit short on the ground,but we found Buzbys (or Mad Terrys) and entertainment was excellent. A marvellous singer who would put most acts on X Factor to shame!

Places to eat incluse Bar27 which is on the main road and portions are massive so make sure you go with a good appetite! Ma Bradys,down at the beach is wonderful for fish and chips and their steak and ale pie and mashed potatoes is delicious. Downstairs just outside the apartments is La Naranja which has some lovley food on the menu and they do a mean Sea Bass and a leg of lamb for 2 which looked delicious. Just along to the right of hotel is Tikis which do lovely cocktails and my friend and I enjoyed working our way through the cocktail menu!

The Marina is well worth a visit and their are lots of restaurants and shops there.

Benalmadena is a very friendly resoty and i would have no hesitation in recommending it

Room Tip: The higher floors may be a bit windy and apparently the noise travels up from the street. We stayed on 1st floor so had no problems
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AussiefanScotland
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Sunny Beach is right on the sea front 'kinda' over looking a busy main road. Not the hotel's fault we did not know this when booking it. There is a busy main road through the whole of the resort and hotels are on the wrong side. The hotel is however a 2 min walk to the beach front which is fab with a long gorg beach and the sea is lovely and clear. We asked for a top floor apartment as the noise of stilettos tap tapping on the ceiling is ever so slightly annoying, I mean take your shoes off selfish women grrrrr!! Anyhow I digress. We did get the requested apartment which although slightly out dated with no air con was clean and tidy. The beds were a little on the hard side but to be honest I slept brilliantly. I coudn't have the door open to the balcony at night due to the traffic noise below and I think some of the apartments are privately owned as the dog barking two rooms down for probably two hours every night until the owner returned was slightly off putting however ear plugs helped. You could cook in the room if you wanted to but we only went for three nights and to be honest I wouldn't stay here for longer than this time. Unless someone threw the dog off the balcony! The pool was nice and clean however why hang out here when the beach is across the road? Most of the reception staff are lovely. You press the buzzer when you arrive they let you in and give you a key to your room which also has a key to the main door so you can come and go as you please.
Def come here if you want cheap and cheerful and don't mind noise and very basic acc. Otherwise go to a hotel instead. Would come again for three night max but def no longer. Only paid £25 quid per night and would not pay more than this.

Room Tip: Dont have room 54, opp the lift and two doors up from barking dog
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank janirowe
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We have stayed at the Sunny Beach several times now. In fact we have just returned back from another great week and we felt we had been away for weeks. The location is wonderful, 2 minutes from the Shamrock Irish Pub with the best Guinness in town. Fabulous sea views. In January the staff were very helpful in printing out information and boarding passes that my husband needed.
The Sunny beach is not a five star hotel; it is a small block of apartments. It is clean, safe and excellent value for money. The pool looked very tempting and spotlessly clean but as with all pools only the bravest would attempt to swim in March. I spent a lot of time by the pool in September last summer. In the apartment there is a fridge and microwave and small hob but with everything on your door step who would want to stay in and cook.
Thank you Sunny Beach, I wished I had booked for 2 weeks. See you soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank DawnySouthampton
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Upon arrival we were greeted and given keys and direction to our rooms. Our rooms were freshly cleaned and well presented. The spacious balcony looked out over the Med,.. ok, there was no air-con and the price that we paid would reflect this ..lovely pool and nice staff. willing to help Would We go back to Aparthotel Sunny Beach.. Yes , Absolutely no doubt. Veesimoona says “Million dollar view!!!” I can't agree more.. Thank you for making our first trip abroad the best ever..

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Vaughan K
Reviewed October 15, 2011

this hotel has so much potential ,its location is everthing you go on holiday for,its the rooms that are the let down, all they need is a bit of tlc,in saying that we had a fabulous holiday there,we thought the pool was lovely my 10 year old loved it , but again the area by the pool was lacking in that little bit of comfort you want,paloma park which is next door to the hotel is beautifull,the beach and the marina is lovely, 27 is a great restaurant to eat in by far the best food we ate out in definetly try it they cook from scratch but well worth the wait,all in all we had a fantastic holiday.the owners of the hotel have a hotel in one of the best locations so why not revisit yere rooms stay there for a night or 2 and do something about them.

Room Tip: now if you like your cup of tea in the morning, start boiling the kettle when your going to bed the night before
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family