“Great value”

Hotel Best Benalmadena
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just returned after spending 4 nights all inclusive at this hotel. The rooms were clean and excellent in size. After all the negative feedback I had read about I am not sure what exactly people are looking for in a hotel. We were in Spain for goodness sake. If you want all British then stay in the UK.The majority of people when we went were older and in groups but it is middle of October so I was not expecting children.
There was a mixture of French, German and Spanish people staying at the hotel and we were in a minority being from UK. This did not spoil the holiday in any way.
There was plenty of food and whilst some was not too our liking there was always something we could eat. The deserts were brilliant. They were definitely cooking for all tastes.
The staff were very helpful when we needed anything. All in all not a bad hotel. I would not visit again as I do not ever go back to the same hotels and try somewhere else each time. I would recommend to other people.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
12  Thank lesleyandrod

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Couldn't wait till our 10 tens were up, This hotel is only for the Spanish, don't know why they let English people stay here as we certainly WEREN'T welcome.
The hotel was full of Spanish O.A.P's (24,09.12 to 04.10.12) they were very arragant and rude. The whole holiday they looked at my family and I with hatetred as if we were tresspassing.
The food was diabolicle pigs trotters, rabbit stew, octopus. On view chef cooked some sort of fish everyday and veal, pork chops & stirfrys which were ok if you don't mind tough meat or grissle.No condiments except salt & pepper, mayo & ketchup (no mustard or mint sauce)
The sweets were the same the whole 10 days which got very boring. Lived on fresh fruit to get some vitamins as they don't know what vegetables are.
Evening entertaiment if you can call it entertainment was rubbish. Just a women and young lad prancing about to muffled music on the stage. Played bingo one night but couldn't hear te numbers as the speakers were so outdated and you just couldn't tell what they were saying.
The rooms were nice and big cleaned every day and fresh towels. BUT on a night they was an horrendious smell in the bathroom like very strong perming lotion.
Only the one bar for this hotel which at times you had to que for a while as they sometimes only had one staff on. San Migel lager on draught real Bailleys if you asked for it even though we were all inclusive.
Washed my own hair & went to the hairdressers in the lobby to have it straightened & she charged me 15 euro well ripped off.
This hotel IS NOT a 4* iv'e stayed in better 3*s.

Room Tip: Good View From Top Floor
5  Thank Aunsworth
Reviewed October 5, 2012

OH MY GOD!!! dont do it ,we read plenty of reviews before we went it seemed great but how dissapointing!!.we had a family holiday here for 10 days 24/9/12 to 4/10/12 returned yesterday and cant wait to warn anyone about this place.1, only really cares for the spanish of which its full of its like a OAP home 2,food bad to average (DO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE YOU WILL SPEND MORE TIME EATING OUT AND IM NOT A FUSSY EATER)ther is nothing for children to eat apart from CHIPS!!(OR PIGS TROTTERS ,RABBIT STEW)3ENTERTAINMENT well there isnt any unless you can call 2 idiots making a dance up as they go along,BINGO WITHOUT A PEN you get a tooth pick to put a hole in the paper,and thats if you can tell what there saying on the out of date tanoy they use we just gave up.4 RECEPTION dont tell you anything ,as they dont know themselves might as well not have one!.5CLEANLINESS,not bad but CHECK UNDER YOUR BEDS ,YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.6 take your own ashtray if you smoke as these are like gold dust.we would never return here even for FREE.It needs a star removing from its wall outside ,ive stayed in better 3 star!. 7 SMALL POOL

Room Tip: top floor you wont get things thrown on your balcony!!
3  Thank paula a
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed on an all-inclusive basis and in contrast to most reviews found the staff to be pleasant and assistful. Just saying "please" and "thank you" works wonders. Food and accommodation was very good and the hotel enjoyed a high standard of cleanliness - except for the smell of broken sewers around the lift shaft areas from the ground to the second floor. We saw workmen in the lift shaft but there wasn't any noticeable improvement (maybe the management woul like to comment?). The "animation team" which had the personality of an athletes foot, appeared to consist of a mother and son were abysmal and associated themselves only with Spanish residents. They played Bingo one evening but the audio system rejected the English language! Usual problems with sunbeds mainly from the WW2 losers but good sites were at a premium.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank stoptree789
Reviewed September 28, 2012

just come back from second visit to this hotel and once again had a fantastic time.the hotel is spotlessly clean and the buffet meals are a feast.
if your looking for a quite relaxing time and excellent food then this is the place to come.
the entertainment is not the best by far but there are plenty of places to go including the hotel right next door.10 out of 10.

Room Tip: bus stop for trips and airport right outside hotel.if you sign up to best hotel club(free) you get f...
4  Thank carl d
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the Best Benalmadena on half board basis for 10 nights. We would not return to this hotel as the bad points outweighed the good ones:-
Good = room size, cleanliness, views (we were on 11th floor), maid service
Bad = disappointing food, some bar staff were rude, reception staff couldn't care less, pool too small for the size of the hotel, entertainment was awful, not enough sun beds to cope with the amount of guests
One elderly couple told us that when they arrived they asked reception if there was someone available to carry their bags to their room and the member of staff said that if they wanted that kind of service to go to a hotel down the road! We wanted to book in an extra night as we had a late flight home but were told the hotel was full - couldn't believe this and I think they just couldn't be bothered with the extra admin work. We were glad we didn't go all inclusive as we thought this was not good value for money - free drinks ending at 11.30pm and snacks consisting of just a plate of crisps or a toastie.
Overall we enjoyed our holiday but would not come back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Best views are from the higher floors of this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NJHarveyWestLothian
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have just returned having spent 5 nights at this Hotel on a Half Boad basis. On arrival I had to pay for my stay - something I never encountered before. I had a nice room on the 11th floor with great views. The room and Hotel are all spotlessly clean. The choice at breakfast was excellent everything you could ask for. I didn't eat there at night despite having booked half board - this was by choice. I did ask to have lunch one of the days instead of dinner. There was no problem with this and again the choice and quality of the food was excellent. I enjoyed my stay and would return. Only bad point was there is no printer available when using the Internet at any of the two PCs (pay for use) in the Reception area. I wanted to check-in for my return flight and print my Boarding Pass. I asked at Reception and they told me to email the Boarding Pass to the Hotel's email address and they would print it. The email 'never arrived'. I had to go to an Internet Shop in Torremolinos to do the printing. I felt that the Reception Staff could have been more accommodating and, in this day and age, with online check-ins the norm, the provision of a printer is now an essential in any Hotel. I will know better the next time!! I would consider the Hotel to be one of the best that I have visited in Benalmadena. Just be careful if you need to check-in for your return flight!! The Internet Shop staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo