“FABULOUS!”
Review of That Canadian Place - CLOSED

That Canadian Place
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on playa Santa Ana, up the stairs in Las Gaviotas above Palm 5. Our great, open terrace overlooks the sea.Our policy, at "That Canadian Place" and our previous restaurant in Canada, is to provide top quality, homemade foods from the freshest ingredients. We make everything ourselves, including the sauces used in the kitchen. Some of our recipes have been in the family for years and others are new and created to keep our menu interesting and modern.
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is worth it's weight in gold! We found it by mistake as it is off the beaten track and hidden upstairs. The chef makes the best Canadian food in the world. The hummus and the brownies and cookies are the best I've ever tasted. The atmosphere was very chilled and watching the sunset over the water from the beach view was fab!
When I go back to Spain - I am definitely stopping here again!
Best place to eat in Spain!
Must be visited to be believed!!

1  Thank aislingmcc
Paul D, Owner at That Canadian Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We're very glad you enjoyed your visit and we'll see you the next time.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Top food. Nice people its always a pleasure to be back at home and now you have also tasty ribs and steaks super!!! see you soon

1  Thank Raularis
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Question . When does a restaurant open specifically just for you . Answer .. when they are truly honourable and put customer service as their top priority .
We booked a table of 4 for Saturday night , but the person who took my booking had forgotten that they had just switched to closing on Saturdays .
However realising the error , the fantastic customer service attitude came into play and they opened the restaurant just for us . Wonderful and fantastic , I cannot express enough how much we appreciated the gesture .
The meal was equally pleasing with starters of skewered chicken for me and garlic mushrooms for others it was a great start . I followed my starter with a Canadian burger , a super big burger on a bed of red peppers , brilliant . My wife had chicken in a delicious sauce and our friends in the party had the Canadian bacon and one like me ,enjoyed the Canadian burger . We naturally had to have the brownies and ice cream as a desert and we were not disappointed with the home baked brownies
All this with a couple of bottles of wine meant for a most memorable evening made simply by the terrific customer consideration of Paul , his son Jordan and the young lady who unfortunately I do not know her name .
Believe me when I say you would have to go a long way before you get better customer service
We will definitely be back

1  Thank villans
Paul D, Owner at That Canadian Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for the great review. As we told you at the time, we do our best to follow through on our commitments. We also had fun cooking for, and serving, a single party. See you on your next visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lovely place just up the stairs off the main path by the sea, lovely food, burgers were a little dry but might just be our taste, chips were absolutely heavenly as were the fabulois desserts, we had a cookie sandwich and a chocolate brownie both covered in chocolate ganache that was better than any i have ever tasted! Staff are lovely and friendly without being intrusive, and you get excellent service unlike some of the spanish bars that have too much of a relaxes attitude, would highly recommend

1  Thank wondermoose
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had a lovely lunch here, the owner was soo friendly and chatty. Food was great and tasty, even better home made chips(lovely) and freshly cooked warm cookies were fab. Good value lunch

1  Thank claireBlackpool