Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,917 results
All reviews indoor pool steep hill self catering snack bar kids club mini club short cut the underground car park sauna and steam room foam party football pitch half board games room one bedroom apartment parrot show courtesy bus great holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited the benalmadena palace with my kids for 3 days. Here is what i think of the hotel:

Positive: really nice and warm indoor pool. Great kids club with lots of toys and kids shows. Good breakfast.

Negative: small and old room, the hotel is in desperate need of a renovation because it just looks old. Cleaning service was not good(dident get my room cleaned and barely got the cleaners to take the trash) no soap or shampoo provided in the room, shower and bathtub the "showerheads" in both dident work. Aircon dident work, it was 8 celsius outdoor at night but it was so unbeliavable hot in the room..(they said only heating works during vinter months..but there must have been something wrong with the whole system because it was like 25 in the bedroom and 8 outside..and i dident have any heating on in the room. The bed broke my back and the pillow broke my neck. The dinner buffet was boring and we got sick with massive diarrea from the buffet. And one more thing is that i dident get a babycot for my 1 year old to sleep in eventhough i recuested one and got a confirmation before arrival. I dident bother to go ask why, the baby just slept with me.
We ran out of diapers because of the diarrea and i went to the minimarked in the hotel to buy diapers to find that it dident open until 10.30 on a monday..thats late. The reason i give the hotel a 3 star and not 2 is because we really loved the indoor pool/jacuzzi/sauna and the kids club.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

That was our 4th stay at the hotel. We stayed for a week, all-inclusive.
What can I say, Best week as always, the staff is excellent, friendly, working really hard to make their guests feel special. If you are looking for a hotel where you will be treated as a part of a family, this is a place. Monica from the snack bar Entertainment team - Lorena, Fatima, Raquel, Virginia, Lisandro and of course Daniel did an amazing job. Wow, the Friday show was just perfect. I have to say that Daniel is an amazing entertainer, always friendly and polite but at the same time very professional. My kids adored Daniel and had a great time thanks to him. We are getting ready to come back again later this year. Benalmadena Palace best hotel for ALL!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We traveled to Benalmadena for the Christmas holidays . Stayed in the Benalmadena Palace for a week and had a fantastic time as always. We had a lovely check in and warm welcome from Mario at the reception desk ( a great guy who seems to have the ability to speak every language on earth ) , he gave us s lovely room on the 2nd floor , very clean and very modern and near the arcade which pleased my son . We then got a bottle of complimentary Cava to the room which was just the loveliest touch cos I had really had the longest day with travel delays , so that was very much appreciated. We upgraded to half board while we were there and the food was absolutely amazing. Every night there was a dish that I really enjoyed ( there was a pork cheek stew which was probably the nicest thing I ever tasted ) and every evening little touches like Parma ham and breadsticks on arrival or they give a rose to all the ladies , a great piano player every night also at the Buffet restaurant, hats off to the chef Juan because he really knows how to cook for all tastes . Great service in this restaurant too, Michael and Sergio and Marco really looked after us well , always getting us a lovely table near the piano and a lovely chilled glass of sweet wine , we really felt spoiled every night . Some new faces too in the restaurant and they were all very friendly especially the guy on the desk at the buffet , very smiley and polite .
There is also a snack bar on the ground floor where you can play chess or watch a match , very relaxed, quite cheap and very nice service from the lovely girl at the bar - Monica , she’s always in a good mood and is very nice with all the kids . The animation team were very good , my son Jack enjoyed a new type of darts game with Daniel the animation guy , he also enjoyed the Archery and a game called Slojen , there’s always something on for the kids and it’s a great for my son to make friends at these games . The night time entertainment is in Benys Bar on the 2 Nd floor , lovely bar staff , real gents and always very friendly and relaxed , Sergio and Benjamin and Michael create a lovely relaxed atmosphere up there and it’s open until 2 am . We really enjoyed the entertainment especially the Flamenco and the group called Destiny who put on a great show . The entertainment guy in Benys Bar is Alexandro and he is a really lovely character, very good with the kids and gets everyone up dancing and singing with the Karaoke ( I even sang a song myself) . The pools are lovely there , 2 outdoor and 1 indoor and lovely terraces for sunbathing around the pool . The hotel is a 3 minute walk to the beach which is just across the road and u have a supermarket also just around the corner for supplies . We really enjoyed our stay and didn’t want to leave but hoping to return early April . Great hotel ➕a Great price equals a Great holiday ! Very happy !

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pros

Good evening entertainment for kids
Excellent vegetarian options at buffet
Staff work very hard accommodated us to 6th floor when disco noise was keeping little ones awake.

Cons
Trampoline was dangerous with broken springs loose.
Avoid 4th floor with little ones as noise from Disco will be on till 11:30pm
Damp smell in bathroom but we tolerated it as they already moved us once.

Overall for price it was decent but will probably not go to Benalmadina for Family trip again. The beach wasent great compared to parts of Portugal, Greece and other parts of Spain.

1  Thank 234deand
Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

We stayed for a week all inclusive in a studio room.
Pros:
Indoor heated pool
Incredibly friendly staff who work very hard
Branded spirits included
Beautiful spa and treatments (to pay)
Piano player in the restaurant each night was a welcome change from loud background music

Cons:
Food not great and we quickly got bored
Bed so soft that it gave us aches
Not enough staff in Disco bar at night nor at snack bar terrace at lunchtime
Entertainment for grownups started very late each night
Situated up a very steep hill
Disco could be heard each night till midnight

Overall we were glad we stayed and got value for the money we paid, but we wouldn’t be drawn back

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple