“Fantastic !!”

Hotel & Spa Benalmadena Palace
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
“Fantastic !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Have just returned from 4 night break with 7 girl friends . Hotel is immaculate , service second to none ! Food first class ! Yeah there is a steep hill but whole resort is hilly !!! Large pool areas with plenty of sunbeds , hotel even supply towels for 10 euro deposit which is returned at the end of your stay . Excellent value :)

1 Thank Annemariemcginn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
The Curragh, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful week with our 2 and a half yr old boy and we had a great time. The hotel is clean,bright and well maintained. We stayed on the 4th floor, above reception and had free wifi all week which was an added bonus! There are two outdoor pools which were busy, however, the indoor pool was quieter and we got to use it every day and it was always comfortable. Our room was lovely with a nice view over the pools and the sea beyond. The entertainment for kids was great, Benny the tiger was a big hit with all the kids. There is a fantastic playground which has been recently added to, a playroom, soccer pitches, swings, a games room. The place is a kids paradise! The food was very good, if a little bland but grand holiday food! The staff were absolutely fantastic, they go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. One girl, I think her name was Jessica, got our son extra biscuits in the kitchen when there were none left on display. Made his evening and just a little example of excellent staff prepared to go the extra mile.

There's lots to do nearby, we went to the sea side a few days, I would highly recommend a trip to Paloma park, about 15 mins walk from the hotel. It's a beautiful park with a lovely lake and lots to see and do. We also went to Selwo marina to see the dolphin and seal show. It was brilliant and well worth the admission fee. The marina is beautiful and well worth the visit, don't go near the sea life place there, it's brutal. We took the train for 4 euros around the resort, great fun if you have young kids. The cable car ride is great if you have a head for heights, every day at 1pm and 5pm they release birds of prey which adds to the spectacle. There are plenty of pubs nearby, the irish bar down the road is great for the gaa/soccer matches. There is a really good supermarket just behind Burger King and the prices are more than reasonable. All in all I would highly recommend the Benalmadena Palace, a great place to spend a holiday.

Oh yeah, that hill....just cut through the car park and it makes it a lot easier!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Conorps
Donegal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights self catering but booked breakfast when we got here as we read so many good reports. Have to say we were not disappointed. There was a buffet breakfast each morning with lots of choice and plenty to eat. The rooms were lovely and the cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. The only one small complaint that I would have was that in the main pool the kids were not allowed to play ball games or use the lilo's. This may have been a H&S thing - I'm not sure.

Really the hill is not that bad and you can enter via the carpark with your key card. The hotel itself is slightly out of the town bur there is a great bus service which will bring you into town for €1.50. Single trip per adult. I would recommend this to any couples looking for discos and nightclubs but if staying with kids the entertainment at the hotel should keep everyone entertained.

All in all highly recommended hotel and the staff at reception were excellent. Really helpful and kind.

4 Thank Guest1978
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Have just returned from a week's holiday at this hotel. The hotel is lovely and clean, staff very friendly and the food is plentiful and of a good standard. This hotel is ideal for families - we felt safe at this hotel and all families staying at this hotel were respectable.

One con - please bring a hairdryer, as the hotel hairdryer is rubbish, goes off after 5 seconds due to safety and have to wait 2 minutes before It goes back on again, so took ages to blow dry my hair!!

Otherwise, fantastic holiday, Benalmadena is such a beautiful place. Selwo Marina worth a visit, we met/had photos taken with dolphins. Safari Jeep very good but rather expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cevans30652
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is by far the best hotel to stay in if you have kids under 10.the entertainment team in the day and the night was really good.we spent 8 nights here and stayed in hotel as the kids loved it so much.On the hotel very clean and very big stayed in top attic room nice room nice views but would of preferred belcony other then that best hotel I could of wanted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Sean F
preston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have just got back from a 6 night half board stay at this hotel with 2youn g children and a one year old. As with other reviews the food is fantastic and the hotel is beautiful and very clean.

The staff were very friendly apart from by the pool,the life guards main job seemed to be checking people for contraband!
By this I mean having your own snacks or drinks by the pool area! I and a few other people were told off for this.
I was giving my one year old snacks when I was approached and complained to the customer services manager that he has food allergies and needs regular snacks. If I was going to have lunch I would have paid for full board!!!
This is apalling as we were not in the restaurant and as this hotel also offers self-catering? When I asked if I could give my baby water even I was told no!
There is nothing on the website about this or I would have gone else-where.
Another lady was told off for eating crisps there is CCTV at reception and the staff were pointing down at her and then the life guard went over tutting and telling her off! So you are obviously being watched.
I also saw them tell off a lady with a new born baby and was breast feeding for having snacks and children for having their own ice lollies! This really ruined the holiday for us as we were constantly being watched.I have never had this happen at any other hotel even at the Hilton or Hyatt Regency! Every thing else was lovely would have definately gone back only for this.They should think more about people enjoying their holday and less about getting money in the tills. I know others will be complaining about this.

Room Tip: pool rooms get more sun on the balcony and a better view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank donna w
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just got back 2wks ago and all I can say is I would of rather went to butlins what cery very poor hotel. 1st of all I had to get the cleaners out every day to our room till kill the ants it was shocking. The food was freezzzzing the service was terrible. Am not 1 to complain but this holiday was shocking. Really people I wouldn't bother looks nice in the broucher wait till you get there you be shocked

2 Thank Gypo888