“Excellent hotel for families”

Hotel & Spa Benalmadena Palace
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights self catering but booked breakfast when we got here as we read so many good reports. Have to say we were not disappointed. There was a buffet breakfast each morning with lots of choice and plenty to eat. The rooms were lovely and the cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. The only one small complaint that I would have was that in the main pool the kids were not allowed to play ball games or use the lilo's. This may have been a H&S thing - I'm not sure.

Really the hill is not that bad and you can enter via the carpark with your key card. The hotel itself is slightly out of the town bur there is a great bus service which will bring you into town for €1.50. Single trip per adult. I would recommend this to any couples looking for discos and nightclubs but if staying with kids the entertainment at the hotel should keep everyone entertained.

All in all highly recommended hotel and the staff at reception were excellent. Really helpful and kind.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Guest1978
Write a ReviewReviews (2,655)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Have just returned from a week's holiday at this hotel. The hotel is lovely and clean, staff very friendly and the food is plentiful and of a good standard. This hotel is ideal for families - we felt safe at this hotel and all families staying at this hotel were respectable.

One con - please bring a hairdryer, as the hotel hairdryer is rubbish, goes off after 5 seconds due to safety and have to wait 2 minutes before It goes back on again, so took ages to blow dry my hair!!

Otherwise, fantastic holiday, Benalmadena is such a beautiful place. Selwo Marina worth a visit, we met/had photos taken with dolphins. Safari Jeep very good but rather expensive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cevans30652
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is by far the best hotel to stay in if you have kids under 10.the entertainment team in the day and the night was really good.we spent 8 nights here and stayed in hotel as the kids loved it so much.On the hotel very clean and very big stayed in top attic room nice room nice views but would of preferred belcony other then that best hotel I could of wanted.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sean F
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have just got back from a 6 night half board stay at this hotel with 2youn g children and a one year old. As with other reviews the food is fantastic and the hotel is beautiful and very clean.

The staff were very friendly apart from by the pool,the life guards main job seemed to be checking people for contraband!
By this I mean having your own snacks or drinks by the pool area! I and a few other people were told off for this.
I was giving my one year old snacks when I was approached and complained to the customer services manager that he has food allergies and needs regular snacks. If I was going to have lunch I would have paid for full board!!!
This is apalling as we were not in the restaurant and as this hotel also offers self-catering? When I asked if I could give my baby water even I was told no!
There is nothing on the website about this or I would have gone else-where.
Another lady was told off for eating crisps there is CCTV at reception and the staff were pointing down at her and then the life guard went over tutting and telling her off! So you are obviously being watched.
I also saw them tell off a lady with a new born baby and was breast feeding for having snacks and children for having their own ice lollies! This really ruined the holiday for us as we were constantly being watched.I have never had this happen at any other hotel even at the Hilton or Hyatt Regency! Every thing else was lovely would have definately gone back only for this.They should think more about people enjoying their holday and less about getting money in the tills. I know others will be complaining about this.

Room Tip: pool rooms get more sun on the balcony and a better view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank donna w
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just got back 2wks ago and all I can say is I would of rather went to butlins what cery very poor hotel. 1st of all I had to get the cleaners out every day to our room till kill the ants it was shocking. The food was freezzzzing the service was terrible. Am not 1 to complain but this holiday was shocking. Really people I wouldn't bother looks nice in the broucher wait till you get there you be shocked

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Gypo888
Reviewed June 2, 2013

First of all as an asthmatic Yorkshire lass can i say hill, what hill? We have hills here,that one was no problem at all so don't worry about it! Short cuts through the garage area or taxis for the faint hearted. The hotel was fantastic. We were two couples travelling together for the first time and frankly we were worried the other couple may be expecting too much from this value for money trip. Well we couldn't fault it. Super staff, clean hotel,great food,free beach towels, hairdryer, studio with living room for 2 people,free wifi everywhere,even a lifeguard who shushed noisy Charlie who was becoming a pain at 5 years old. Yessss! We all had a super time on half board,happy hour was perfect and a supermarket with great prices 5 minutes away. Downside would be the entertainment which we all found very loud. trevor on reception was a gem. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor but not in the eaves
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruthyWestYorks
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I would stay here again however myself and my husband felt standards had dropped since last year, we was on the 7 th floor in a studio appartment which was fine for the 2 of us, standards of cleaning was not as good as last year. we recomend the last resort for brekfast, also the metro italian in the marina for a nice romantic evening meal, we love the resort but my look for alternative accomidation when we return next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple