3,701 results
All reviews cardiac hill bar staff dirty dancing half board crispy bacon entertainment team star hotel plenty of choice med playa spanish pensioners fussy eater sea view bonanza square three star cleaned every day great holiday main bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When my friend and I arrived at the Bali the first thing that hit us was the lovely clean smell at the entrance, we were quickly checked in and given directions to our room which was spotlessly clean and had a fab view of the beach and the upper pool. The food was good and varied (people seem to forget that this is not a 5* hotel). We spent a lot of time at the upper pool which had more than enough sun loungers for everyone, The bar was fab and we never had to wait to get a drink (big shout out to the bar staff who work so hard especially the girls who were always cheerful & friendly). My only criticism of the pool would be that the rules are a little to strict relating to inflatables, having said that I would also like to point out that the life guard was on point (not even a toilet break). We had clean towels daily and the room was spotless at all times. Overall I would recommend this hotel 100% we had the best time and will definitely be back. Thank You Bali, until the next time :)

4  Thank kimandbev
GuestMed, Director de Relaciones Públicas at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Vacationer686784,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for your recommendation.

Our best advertising is the satisfaction of the clients who recommend us, like you.

The Spanish regulations do not allow the users to introduce in the pool elements that may involve a risk or danger for other users, such as: flippers, inflatables, balls o lilos. This is a general rule for outdoor pools.

I hope that you will be a regular guest at the Hotel Bali and we can welcome you in your next visit to Benalmadena.

Best regards,

Laura – Loyalty & Community Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We still currently here and I have to say everything is just spot on from checking in and still ere. All the food is great something for everyone granddaughter lives the pancakes for breakfast all the food is great. Pools are cracking and kids pools is great. Like the idea for returning the cups everywhere should do that idea. I do have a little issue bairn went to kids club so she went and played golf the other day I said she could go so she did they didn't return the kids back to kids pool area which is wrong but today they did as someone complained. Great hotel up to now

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Mel1436
GuestMed, Director de Relaciones Públicas at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Mel1436,

Thank you for choosing our hotel a for your recent holiday and for taking the time to comment. We are pleased to read that all aspects of the hotel ticked the boxes for you and we hope to see you again.

Kind regards,

Laura – Loyalty & Community Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for 10 nights in August. Firstly the hotel is dated but thats not the be all and end all.
Rooms
The room was adequate for our use although the 3rd bed (also used as a sofa) was not comfortable the other 2 were very comfy. The view was amazing and most rooms have a sea view.
Few teething problems with room e.,g. 3rd bed leg was broke but maintenance repaired this, later in the holiday there was a leak. All these named things are minor.
Food & drink
The food was hit and miss, some nights were good and others poor. We ate out a few times for a different variety. Drinks were good, downside you can only have 2 drinks at a time so families have to queue again. I would say breakfast was the best with losts of choice of bread. The restaurant was always very busy.
Entertainment
There was something on every night and most of the acts were good. The animation team work so hard and produce good shows. Special shout out to Alex who is like a "bouncing tigger".
Pool area
Now this is where I have safety concerns and for good reason. Firstly the pools are great and plenty of them, sunbeds always available any time of the day. Now to the bad point - there are steps leading from the main pool to the childrens pool that are a death trap. I took one step with my 2 year old granddaughter and fell down the rest of them. Several people helped me back to my sunbed and a lady who was sitting close came to me and said she had seen at least 12 people fall since she had been there. I was in agony with my knee and had to go to the pharmacy and purchase painkillers, gel and a knee support. I informed one of the animation team and he said he would let the reception know. A few days later I went to reception to ask if they had such a thing as an accident reporting book but they do not have this in Spain. The receptionist also said he would let the manager know, I have still not had a response from the manager. I am also still off work with this injury 2 weeks from returning. This may seem trivial but let me tell you it ruined my holiday as I could not walk, swim or enjoy activities with my family. Since my incident I saw several people falling on the steps and on my last day a man was holding his child down the steps and fell scrapping all the skin off his back. He broke a tile on one of the steps so they cornered off the steps with tape so no one could use them. I wish they had done this before my fall. The steps need to have grippers put on them, be warned it could ruin your holiday !!

Room tip: Request sea view room the view is amazing to wake up to
Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank montyrose66
GuestMed, Director de Relaciones Públicas at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear montyrose66,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Bali for your holidays and for taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel and your stay with us.

Your comments have been sent to the hotel manager. . We usually inspect all the opinions to try to improve our services as much as possible. Our guests' satisfaction is the main goal for all the MedPlaya staff.

We hope that you will return to Benalmadena on future occasions.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So where do I start ... we arrived on 6th September and our room wasn't ready so we was able to get our all inclusive wrist bands and drinks cards and went and sat by the pool with a drink ... which I must say were great huge measures and headaches all around the next morning ... throughout the day we spent the days around the pool ... always nice background music on and never ever had to wait for a sunbed there were enough for everyone ... always something going on in the hotel in the day and then a game of an evening before the main show which is always fantastic ... the animation team are great and work so hard through the day and night to ensure everyone is included and enjoying themselves ... as for the area it is a beautiful area ... around 5 minute walk to the beach and a 10 minute walk to the marina which is out of this world... we check out tomorrow and are already planning next year's holiday to hotel Bali but we will be brining our 3 children with us next time... the food is great ... always something to eat and I'm the fussiest eater in the world... favourite was steak and chips with peppercorn sauce and the chicken kebab meal too ... puddings are impressive too. I would strongly advise to ignore the bad reviews on here as I cannot fault the place I've had the best holiday ever and will be sad to check out tomorrow. Big shout out to dori in the restraunt and anabel behind the bar always service with a smile...!! Can't wait to come back next year and make even more memories as a family

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank taylaevans92
GuestMed, Director de Relaciones Públicas at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear taylaevans92,

It is encouraging and very rewarding to hear that you liked all that the hotel has to offer and that you enjoyed your stay with us that much.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your lovely comments with us and we do hope that we will see you back again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from a week at the Bali and overall we had a great time.

The only downside was the check in - arrived lunchtime and we had to wait for our room as it was not ready and we just wanted to get showered etc especially as we had been up since 2.30am for travelling.

The rooms are okay. Very clean and fresh bedding and towels daily. Shower was refreshing and the balcony facing the sea was lovely.

We spent a lot of time in the kids splash pool, which was amazing for my 3yr old. Lots of sunbeds at any time of day. Pool area very clean.

Great choice of food on a night and every single item we tried was cooked well and very tasty. Restaurant was busy but never felt overcrowded.

The staff were all very friendly and child orientated.

It was our first visit to Benalmadena and its a lovely place with a beautiful marina. The Bali is in a great location, 5 min walk to the beach. Highly recommend the breakfast in Scruffy Murphys just along from the hotel...one of the best fry ups I've had!!

All in all we've had a great holiday and would definitely return to the Bali. :)

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank CherylA65

Dear CherylA65,

We are delighted to hear that overall you were pleased during your stay at the Hotel Bali.

The check in time is between 13.30 - 14.00h but as soon as your room is ready, my colleagues will inform you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and we do hope that we will see you back again in the future.

Kind Regards,