My wife and I just returned from a great time at the Triton. We went there for our 21st wedding anniversary. I found the bar staff, restaurant staff and maids to be very helpful and friendly. They are not in your face, which suited us fine. There's nothing worse than someone hovering around you, asking if you need help every couple of minutes. If you ask for something though, they get it for you.
We stayed for five nights half board and ate at the restaurant every day. The food was very good, although there wasn't a huge variety there were some changes which allowed you to have something a little different every night. Food was plentiful and if you did try something and didn't like it, there was nothing to stop you going back up and trying something else. My wife did this twice..
The five nights was probably enough though because by then you were really wanting something totally different. If we had broken it up a bit by eating out a few times, it would have been different but I suppose that's the same with any hotel.
Breakfast was fantastic and again used the buffet method and was served with a lovely pot of steaming hot coffee.
We used the bar a few times but I wasn't too fused about the entertainment. It wasn't my cup of tea and was maybe aimed at an older generation. The best bit about the bar though was getting served a nice cold pint of lager in a real pint glass.
The hotel itself is not brand new and some areas are looking a little tired but it didn't spoil the holiday in any way. It has private gardens, three pools and access through a private gate onto the walkway beside the beach. There were plenty of sun loungers, which we also took full advantage of as well as the hotel's own cafe/bar located beside the pools. I don't know if this bar is open later during the summer but I would have probably spent my evenings there, rather than the larger upstairs bar .
We had a room facing out onto a small square at the back of the hotel. It wasn't noisy but that might change during the summer months. The biggest problem with that was that we didn't get a lot of sun there. You got a few hours first thing before the sun really got a chance to warn up and that was all. If we'd have been on the other side, we would have been able to get sunshine for the full afternoon. We made up for that by using the gardens but it would have been nice to have the option.
All this stuff is minor though, we had a fantastic time and I would definitely go back again. In fact, we've said we'll go again next year but we'll see what happens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the well known "Costa del Sol", at the tourist centre of Benalmádena and facing the sea. It's just a few metres away from the harbour. Comfortable rooms with terrace, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, security door lock, telephone, fridge, heating, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Buffet restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Best Triton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benalmadena Triton Hotel
- Triton Benalmadena
- Triton Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Triton Spain
- Hotel Triton Benalmadena
- Benalmadena Hotel Triton
- Hotel Triton Costa Del Sol
- Hotel Best Triton Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain