3,651 results
All reviews oasis restaurant moonlight bar sea view exterior room pool area burger king beauty salon hotel supermarket onsite supermarket well stocked supermarket two single beds bed apartment family holiday games room small kitchen junior suite self catering
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived and was pleased with appearance of hotel. Very clean and looks lovely.
Room for three people is about the smallest I’ve ever stayed in. Kitchen too small to be of use.
Lift situation was ridiculous. Our room was on the fifth floor and only one of the five lifts was working fully in our whole stay. What made it worse is that the cleaners would occupy a floor and make even this lift unusable by putting a card in it?????
The staff were exceptionally unfriendly and unhelpful about the lifts and generally unhelpful about other enquiries. A disabled man suffering with Parkinson’s disease and struggling with a step in the bedroom was given short shrift by the staff and told they could upgrade for an exorbitant fee of €103 per night. Forget it if you want to get a cot in your room too as the rooms are too small to accommodate.
The hotel offered use of a safe for the sum of €30 or so with no deposit returned.They also offered the use of lockers to store your gear on the last day but this involved you losing €1 every time you opened and closed the door. FFS.
Room upgrades were prohibitively expensive and keeping the room on your final day was charged at an hourly rate of €12.
Staff attitude , and money grabbing spoilt what is a lovely hotel. Room size is also an issue but this is nothing compared to the above.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank chriswJ2389XW
Justin T, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sunset Beach Club and for taking the time to write a review. Whilst I'm glad you were pleased with the appearance of our hotel, I'm really sorry you found the room you stayed in to be too small and that you had issues with the lifts. I'm not sure what could have happened but it is rare for so many lifts to be out of order at any one time.
I'm also really sorry that you found our staff to be unfriendly... this is obviously not the impression we want to leave with our guests and I promise to pass on a copy of your review to our reception manager so that he can speak to his team about this. I'll also look into your comments about the guest with Parkinson's disease as I find it hard to believe that our team would charge to change this guest to a more adequate room. What I can assure you is that an upgrade to a suite which doesn't have a step would not have been €103 per night, this could well have been the upgrade price for the rest of the stay.
My apologies once again for not meeting your expectations and we promise to look into the issues you highlight in your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great family, holiday great entertainment, Oasis restaurant had great food and singers entertain while eating. Great pool entertainment.Great shop on site. Bus service right out side hotel. Highly recommended will definitely return

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Caroline C

Dear Caroline,

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel itself is very clean with a lot of amenities but caters more for a family with small kids rather than teenagers.found the hotel to be expensive for food and drinks but a supermarket across the road is ideal for stocking up evening entertainment was very bad and not a lot of happening near by.massive rush for pool loungers in the morning people queuing from 7.30 a pool attendant checks the beds at 10 and 12 and removes towels that are not attended overall a great place wouldn’t go back as it’s not suited to our needs but would highly recommend it for anyone with small kids.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Robert B

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at Sunset Beach Club. Whilst I'm pleased your general impression was positive, I'm sorry you felt the hotel catered more for small kids. We've had a full activities programme for teenagers over the summer but will certainly revise this to see if we can make it more interesting for teenagers. Perhaps you'll then give Sunset Beach Club another chance?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Air con wasnt great and also had to move rooms as when we arrived at 2pm our room they gave wasnt cleaned. Have a mini kitchen in room which is good though.Breakfast is not bad if you eat pork not much for veggie option. Ate once by pool and pannini was burnt. Staff seemed friendly. 3 stars for me.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I'm just sorry you had issues with the airconditioning. Did you report this to reception? Our maintenance team are usually quick to fix this sort of issue. I also apologise if the panini you were served at the pool bar wasn't prepared correctly; I'll be sure to let the F&B Manager know.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have just returned was there a few years ago the apartment we had was old dated musky and pipes rattled. No shower 2 baths on the roadside the m4 is quieter. Cleaning ladies lovely reception appallingnot friendly no help my mother is 81 but we could not change to appartment with shower, Evening entertainment hellish moonlight room hot dark and most acts awful.They seem to focus on weddings and irish guests only mind saw some weddings and they all the same music and any flowers u see around bars from td loud if you use it we only did when we were not in there.Last year had a apartment hscreaming kids whos parents in the bar and dont care. Lifts slow and small hell to get your luggage as if u put a bag side on thats large does not fit in lift. Alot of the staff seem totally disinterested in if you ask for any info or ask to be moved we all cant have sea view but for the money not worth it.We stayed the last few days of our hols in a cheap and cheerful great sea view quiet and friendly personnel and yes i could keep apartment on last day there with no charge. !8 euro an hr to keep one at sunset disgusting if cots etc for kids all 3 euro a day towel 10 euro dep for beach ok but then 1.60 a day mounts up all these extra if you got a family.Wont be going back until things improve there will pop by when i am in spain to see if it improved to what it used to be

Room tip: You can ring or ask when you arrive but unless you pay a few hundred extra you have little chance of getting anything, so take extra cash
1  Thank Sue K
Justin T, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I'm just really sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Whilst we do make mistakes from time to time, I was really surprised to read your review detailing all the negative points about your stay. I will certainly pass on your comments to the rest of the management team but in defence of the reception team, if they weren't able to change you to another apartment it will have been because there were non available. I'm also really sorry you didn't like the evening entertainment in the Moonlight Bar... we get lots of rave reviews about the quality of our shows but understand that these might not appeal to everyone. Regarding the extra charge for a late checkout, this is actually free (until 2pm) if we have availability and you have booked directly through the hotel. If not there is a charge and I think you'll find that most hotels work the same way. The same goes for the cots, if you book direct through us these are actually free.
I'm really sorry once again that you were unhappy with your stay but also understand that our hotel may not be for everyone.