3,651 results
All reviews oasis restaurant moonlight bar sea view exterior room pool area burger king beauty salon hotel supermarket onsite supermarket well stocked supermarket petrol station two single beds bed apartment family holiday games room small kitchen junior suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel itself is very clean with a lot of amenities but caters more for a family with small kids rather than teenagers.found the hotel to be expensive for food and drinks but a supermarket across the road is ideal for stocking up evening entertainment was very bad and not a lot of happening near by.massive rush for pool loungers in the morning people queuing from 7.30 a pool attendant checks the beds at 10 and 12 and removes towels that are not attended overall a great place wouldn’t go back as it’s not suited to our needs but would highly recommend it for anyone with small kids.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Robert B
Justin T, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at Sunset Beach Club. Whilst I'm pleased your general impression was positive, I'm sorry you felt the hotel catered more for small kids. We've had a full activities programme for teenagers over the summer but will certainly revise this to see if we can make it more interesting for teenagers. Perhaps you'll then give Sunset Beach Club another chance?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Air con wasnt great and also had to move rooms as when we arrived at 2pm our room they gave wasnt cleaned. Have a mini kitchen in room which is good though.Breakfast is not bad if you eat pork not much for veggie option. Ate once by pool and pannini was burnt. Staff seemed friendly. 3 stars for me.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I'm just sorry you had issues with the airconditioning. Did you report this to reception? Our maintenance team are usually quick to fix this sort of issue. I also apologise if the panini you were served at the pool bar wasn't prepared correctly; I'll be sure to let the F&B Manager know.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have just returned was there a few years ago the apartment we had was old dated musky and pipes rattled. No shower 2 baths on the roadside the m4 is quieter. Cleaning ladies lovely reception appallingnot friendly no help my mother is 81 but we could not change to appartment with shower, Evening entertainment hellish moonlight room hot dark and most acts awful.They seem to focus on weddings and irish guests only mind saw some weddings and they all the same music and any flowers u see around bars from td loud if you use it we only did when we were not in there.Last year had a apartment hscreaming kids whos parents in the bar and dont care. Lifts slow and small hell to get your luggage as if u put a bag side on thats large does not fit in lift. Alot of the staff seem totally disinterested in if you ask for any info or ask to be moved we all cant have sea view but for the money not worth it.We stayed the last few days of our hols in a cheap and cheerful great sea view quiet and friendly personnel and yes i could keep apartment on last day there with no charge. !8 euro an hr to keep one at sunset disgusting if cots etc for kids all 3 euro a day towel 10 euro dep for beach ok but then 1.60 a day mounts up all these extra if you got a family.Wont be going back until things improve there will pop by when i am in spain to see if it improved to what it used to be

Room tip: You can ring or ask when you arrive but unless you pay a few hundred extra you have little chance of getting anything, so take extra cash
1  Thank Sue K

Dear Sue,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I'm just really sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Whilst we do make mistakes from time to time, I was really surprised to read your review detailing all the negative points about your stay. I will certainly pass on your comments to the rest of the management team but in defence of the reception team, if they weren't able to change you to another apartment it will have been because there were non available. I'm also really sorry you didn't like the evening entertainment in the Moonlight Bar... we get lots of rave reviews about the quality of our shows but understand that these might not appeal to everyone. Regarding the extra charge for a late checkout, this is actually free (until 2pm) if we have availability and you have booked directly through the hotel. If not there is a charge and I think you'll find that most hotels work the same way. The same goes for the cots, if you book direct through us these are actually free.
I'm really sorry once again that you were unhappy with your stay but also understand that our hotel may not be for everyone.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 4 nights with our little one, the place is great for a no frills family holiday.
Rooms are clean and provide the basics for what you need.
There is a supermarket on site which was great and has freshly baked cakes, rolls etc every day.
The only negative is that its difficult to find a decent wine in any of the bars or restaurants, it would be nice to see better options for those who like a tipple !

Room tip: the suites are much better than the twin rooms
1  Thank ladyg7889
Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking for a family holiday, a couples retreat or even a summer getaway this is the place to go.
I stayed here with my family and honestly we couldn’t fault it. The hotel itself is huge and has everything you need; from bars & restaurants to a supermarket & hairdressers to all day entertainment for the kids! The pool area was fab however we spent most of our time at the beach which is literally a stones throw from the hotel. The staff were ever so friendly and helpful as we locked ourselves out of the room once...
The majority of guests in sunset beach are Irish and there was a wedding on pretty much every day we were there which was lovely.
The rooms are spacious and practical, nothing crazy but sure you spend most of your time out & about anyway.
The location of the hotel is ideal as there are plenty of restaurants and bars around as well as shops and I would highly recommend visiting the Miramar shopping center during your holiday.
We got a taxi there on our last day when it was a bit overcast and it’s a gorgeous shopping center with all your favorite shops...including primark which I was very happy about!
Overall our stay was perfecto!! And I will 100% be returning.

2  Thank sophdub136

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent holiday at Sunset Beach Club. I'm really pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely hope you'll come back again very soon.

Regards,