3,403 results
All reviews oasis restaurant moonlight bar sea view exterior room pool area beauty salon burger king well stocked supermarket onsite supermarket petrol station the sofa bed time share games room family holiday one bedroom apartment small kitchen junior suite
Reviewed October 3, 2016

Great hotel, staff and facilities excellent.
Could not fault this hotel, in fact I would recommend it as it caters for every type of traveler. Staff very friendly, cleaning staff amazing at their job, I was surprised to see their attention to detail, but this is why the hotel is so clean.
Great choice in restaurants, and good value for money

Reviewed October 1, 2016

Heard only good things about this hotel and so I booked it, It has many pros and only a few cons . We booked a Junior Deluxe suite and ab well worth the extra money - fab pool and sea views and great balcony Great pool bar for food and drinks and loads of sun beds. However,I agree with another reviewer insofar as I like to leave my hotel in the evenings to try different bars/restaurants etc.. and not require a taxi but it is a long walk to Benalmedina so a taxi is a necessity - this is the main downside a far as I am concerned. Supermarket a bit expensive but there is a supermarket across the road considerable cheaper. Also, I must mention, Roberto Cantero, a fabulous saxaphone player, who was entertaining in the restaurant ..... really talented and most enjoyable. Also,I must stress that you need to be VERY sure about which room you get as there are many rooms that have no view and are really dark - make sure you look for a sea view if possible.

Room tip: Look for pool and sea views
1  Thank SandiDublin
Justin T, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review of your recent holiday at Sunset Beach Club. I'm really pleased that, overall, you had and enjoyable stay and made the most of our extensive facilities. Great to read that you enjoyed Roberto Cantero's music in the Oasis Restaurant... he's a very talented musician and we're fortunate to have him.

I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2016

I am a wheelchair user and I was to stay in the Sunset beach on the 21/09/2016. As much as the wheelchair was able to enter the building up the very steep ramp in the front of the building and even enter the apartment, staying in the room was impossible because the bathroom access. The entrance was way too small for a wheelchair to fit in. It was disappointing because 1. I was told by the staff that this room was wheelchair accessible and 2. That we had to find other accommodation very quickly.

This is NOT!!!!! accessible or suitable for a wheelchair user.

Room tip: Do not book this hotel if you us a wheelchair, it's not accessible or suitable!!!!!!!!!

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm really sorry that you were unable to stay in the room you were allocated. Our hotel facilities are all wheelchair friendly; however, it is true that we have very few apartments which are completely suitable for wheelchair users. This is something we are working on improving. I'm sorry if you were told that the apartment you were allocated was wheelchair accessible, this was obviously a mistake by our staff.

My apologies once again.

Reviewed September 30, 2016

Just returned from a wonderful stay at this hotel. I was there for a wedding.
We had a wonderful stay, the room was beautiful and clean, it was nice and quite and it had a stunning view of both the pool and the sea.
It had all the essentials in the room, walk in shower and a separate bedroom.
The in-room safe (for a small reasonable fee) was also essential as I do not like leaving things at a reception safe.
The pools were refreshing and there were plenty of free sun loungers to use.
I did not eat in the restaurant however the food for the wedding was very nice.
The staff were also excellent especially the lady who cleaned our room in 455, I think her name was Teresa(this was the name on the cleaning cart). She was always very friendly, helpful and her 'Hola' every morning made us smile and feel very welcome. She is a credit to the whole team.

I would recommend this hotel for every type of traveller as it caters for all and is ideally placed.

Room tip: book the Prime Sea View apartment, you won't be disappointed
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2016

On the last evening at the hotel my wallet must have fallen out of my back pocket in the bar but I did not miss it until the next morning with departure planned for 7.30am.I went to Reception and enquired if the wallet had been handed in,which it had been,and it was returned to me within minutes with the contents totally intact.

Room tip: sea views are available
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank hallrichard5
Justin T, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2016

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm so pleased that the wallet that fell out of your pocket was recovered with all its contents intact avoiding what could have been an unfortunate end to your holiday.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.