“9 days 20-28th june karmiel israel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Beach Club

Sunset Beach Club
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
israel
“9 days 20-28th june karmiel israel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

arrived late friay afternoon and we were accepted straight away an given our room. this room was for one night only and from sat -sat we were with r c i and had to move. knew this months ago but we were given a room sat. morning by 10.30 am. lovely view-beach and pools, same as previous room but this time on 12th floor.
the hotel was clean and room clean and as we expected via the pictures.
right opposite bus stops both ways, eating places, supermarket etc.
staff helpful at every request, always willing to help. would definately stay there again only one thing did not enjoy. not quality of entertainment-was good- but fact that tiney children from pram ages to 10 years run aroulnd all through the shows and parents do not approach them to stop running around. shows start 10.30 till 12 am.kids still wide awake

Room Tip: stayed both on 9th and 12th floor. lifts fast . no noise at all from pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank yentaIsrael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Navan, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed at the sunset beach for the last week of June & I had a lovely stay. It's perfect for a family holiday with mostly Irish staying there. The kids club & mini disco were great. It's important to get down to the pool early to leave towels as the beds fill up quick.
It's a bit of a walk to the restaurants with small children so be prepared.
There is a chinese buffet restaurant in the Marina which is well worth the visit (taxi ride away with small kids.) . All the food is so fresh & cooked in front of you. It was the nicest chinese I've ever been too. I'm not normally a fan of chinese.
The beach beside the hotel is very gritty but if you walk a few minutes along the promenade you will come to nicer sandy beaches.

5 Thank Ailbhe A
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about Sunset Beach Club.

I’m so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that your children enjoyed the kids club and mini disco.

I think the Chinese restaurant you visited in the Marina was probably the Wok buffet; if so, I have to agree that it is great value for money.

I hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband ,son and myself stayed here for ten days at the end of June ,,we stayed in this hotel 13 and a half years ago loved it then but love it more now .We stayed in a one bedroom exterior sea view apartment. Fantastic views but it was not for me .last time we stayed here we had a road view it was noisy but we got sun in the evenings ,where as this apartment on the 8 th floor got almost no sun day or evening and the one thing I love is after my shower is sitting on my balcony and having a drink in the sunshine ,next time I will book road view and bring ear plugs no problem .we eat in the hotel restaurant three times a little expensive but worth it the food was fab.did not like the little poolside cafe it to me ,sold fast fried food and was not cheap.we got food from menus in room for our lunch one day ,you ring and they ring you back when order is ready ,you get lift down and collect .it was fab we set on our balcony (ok only down fall no sun) but it was lovely roast chicken and chips same price as chicken wings and chips at poolside. loved this so peaceful . The hotels try to cater for all your needs from free weighing scales to weigh your suit cases and a computer at reception so people can print their boarding passes these are small things but have never come across in other hotels with out having to pay for them .i also must comment on the how wheel chair friendly the hotel is ,at the pool a shower for people in wheel chairs and a lift chair for people to get into the pool ,,not going to say much more about hotel because if your like me you will read all the trip advisor comments and all positive are spot on hotel is brilliant .The reason I am cutting sort my review of hotel is I want to talk about the surrounding area benalmadena ,this is the part I was dissappointed .,we found once you left the hotel the area lacked entertainment .we could not understand what was wrong until we spoke to one of the owners who was Irish and they informed us the bars and restaurant s were not allowed to have music at night as the local mayor and people voted on this and that was the law of benalmadena .so only entertament was in hotel .we went to torremolinos one night and the difference was amazing ,I would not be one for discos but like a bit of entertainment .hotel entertament became boring as repeated after the first week ,this is the only reason from stopping me from returning to sunset beach and from recommending it to friends ,maybe the hotel can talk to the mayor as this is a holiday town with big financial benefits for the local people .music could be stopped at a reasonable time like 12 p.m. Overall I loved the hotel but unless they lift the law about entertainment in the area I would not return and would not recommended the area to go to.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank kavnap
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Sunset Beach Club.

It’s great to read that after 13 and a half years, your opinion of the hotel has not changed and that you enjoyed your holiday with us. Your kind comments about our facilities and services are most appreciated.

Regarding your comments about the entertainment in the surrounding areas, I must say that I was surprised. As far as I am aware, there is no restriction on music in bars as long as it is at a reasonable time. Our very own beach bars are allowed to play music and I know there are many other areas of Benalmadena which have music playing… the famous 24 hour square being one of them. This is the first time I have heard of this and would urge you to consider returning to Benalmadena – and Sunset Beach Club, of course – to experience some of our great night life.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Having never been to Benalmadena and having not chosen this hotel myself, i was a little apprehensive of what would be facing me but I needn't have worried. The hotel is huge, the reception is on the 6th floor and the staff are very efficient. We had a suite which had 2 single beds in their own room and a sofa bed that pulled out into a double. The kitchenette is small but adequate enough to make snacks etc and comes with a hob, microwave, toaster etc. The hotel has it's own supermarket which is on the same level as the pool, it's really cheap so no need to venture out for drinks and snacks etc. The hotel has a number of restaurants and pool bars, again very reasonably priced and the food is nice. The pool has a lot of sunbeds but it also has a lot of guests so you have to be quick to get a place, however, the pool doesnt open until 10 so you dont have to get up really early to reserve beds or anything. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in walking distance of the hotel but if you're heading to the Marina, it's advisable to get a taxi, taxis are fixed prices and should cost €8 each way. The bar in the hotel by reception is quite expensive but if you head there for happy hour all the drinks are 2 for 1 so it's a lot better! All in all it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank YorkshireWeasley
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our third time to stay at the sunset beach club.We stayed previously in a one bed apartment as we had the children with us but on this occasion we availed of one of their new deluxe suites which offers guaranteed sea view which we didn't get on one occasion as the hotel is always so busy.This was well worth the extra money and the view and room were fabulous.All the staff were very friendly on check in and in the restaurant and cleaners.There is so much to do for the children and they will never get bored The supermarket on site had everything we needed and we also used the indoor heated pool which cost five euro,it is a little small but suited our needs as we were only there for a few days.We are returning to the sunset beach club to a family wedding in August and are really looking forward to it.Would highly recommend this hotel especially for families .

Room Tip: Deluxe suites have guaranteed sea views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank RubyRex
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your holiday and indeed, for your very kind and complimentary comments about our hotel facilities and staff.

It’s great to read that you decided to stay in one of our new Deluxe Junior Suites this time and that you felt it was good value for money. Feedback has been very positive about these new units with many guests agreeing that the small upgrade fee is worthwhile considering the benefits of guaranteed sea view and other perks.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sunset Beach Club in August for the family wedding.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was our first time here, and we loved it. The hotel has it all. Its so clean. The entertainment for children and adults is great. The staff are very hard working. The food is lovely and well priced. the hotel is just far enough out side the town, that it aloud s you to have a nice stroll in the evening down to the harbor, taking in all the sights. A sea view is not guarantied, but its worth paying a little extra to get one. We had 5 in our group, 2 adults and 3 children, one being a baby. we paid a supplement for cot. Our first room was far to small, for us. we requested a move to a bigger room which we got, and it also had a sea view, so happy days. WE have never been to the same place twice, but we will be going back here.

Room Tip: Make sure to get, an exterior room. If you get a room at the front of the hotel, get one above the 5...
6 Thank johnleonard20
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We travelled to sunset by beach club two parties four adults two children. It catered for all our needs. We had booked bed&breakfast but maybe next time we would just avail of the supermarket on site as all the facilities are avsilable in apartment and some mornings its nice to have a sleep in.

The kids entertainers were fantastic extremely attentive to the children both at day and night they work extremely hard. The children in our party really enjoyed the night time discos. The entertainment at night was excellent "Mary Poppins & Adele tribute" to name two were fantastic.

The apartments were spotless with daily cleaning and towel change, the pool was spotless and chairs were available but you had to be down at 10am to get a good spot.

My husband & his brother played some golf all arranged through sunset beach they thoroughly enjoyed it.

I will definitely be planning our next visit real soon

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank lorzie1980
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of your holiday at Sunset Beach Club.

I’m delighted that you all enjoyed your stay and that the kids had fun joining in all the kids activities with our entertainers. The shows they put on in the evening are always well received and they’ve, just this week, introduced a new show… ‘Grease’; something to look forward to on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.