All reviews loose tiles animation team great hotel aqua gym pool area plenty of sunbeds plenty of choice bar staff excellent location air con travel kettle water polo bed and breakfast minute walk rooms were very clean stayed for nights bath shower
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have just returned from a week away. This hotel gets my thumbs up and we all can't wait to return. Our room was modern, clean and perfectly sized for myself and my friend. We took our own travel kettle so we could enjoy a cuppa before heading down to breakfast. I had read some of the reviews regarding the All Inclusive not starting until 11am... I have no idea why people complain when the restaurant downstairs have ample supply of water and juices. We took some large thermos cups and filled them up with the water from breakfast... that kept us going until the bottled water from the bar was available!
The food is fabulous too... we all had no complaints. The White Wine which was included in the All Inclusive was lovely as was the brandy, gin and beer. I have stayed in quite a few All inclusive hotels and I must say... the drinks here were the best I have tasted!

The Location of this hotel couldn't be better and if you walk down past the gym and through the little garden to the gate at the bottom this will take you straight to the Marina... you really couldn't get any closer to all the action
Taxi rank just across the road too
We took a taxi to the Train Station in Benalmadena to Malaga... under 3€ one way on the train... bargain. We booked a guided bike and wine tour around Malaga... worth doing too.

Half way through our holiday we treated ourselves to a 'Tasting Meal' at Turo across the road and overlooking the Marina... 40€ per persons... 5 Courses accompanied by 5 complimentary wines... worth every penny!

I need to mention a couple of people that work at this hotel. Firstly the young man that worked in the Courtyard bar deserves a mention... I believe his name was Jorge... always smiling, really lovely guy
But I really need to mention Juanjo (I think that was how his name was spelt) who works in the restaurant downstairs...from the first day we met him he was truly lovely and again always smiling... but more importantly he saved my friends life!!!
I am not joking.... we went down for breakfast and my friends food went down the wrong hole and she started choking. I immediately jumped up and started banging her back... wasn't working!! I asked Juanjo to help me... he picked my friend up and did the 'Heimlich Maneuver' on her... after 8 attempts he finally managed to clear her airways. Thank you so much Juanjo you really were a Hero that day and saved my friends life!
The Palmasol Hotel are VERY lucky to have such a professional working on their team!
And lastly... Paco who also works in the Restaurant downstairs... such a Cheeky Chappy... just sad we didn't see him on our last day.

A BIG Thank You to all the Team at The Palmasol Hotel... we has a ball.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Sam O
Marta L, marketing y ventas at Hotel Palmasol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sam,
Thank you very much for this fantastic review!
We are very happy to know that you had such an amazing stay with us! We're delighted our team made you feel so welcome, valued and that have been very helpful during your time in our hotel.
We endeavour to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. That's what we like to see!
Thank you again for your beautiful comments of our team, we are sure they will appreciate it! :)
We can't wait until your next visit so we can share another stellar experience with you soon!
Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for 4 nights bed and breakfast. Only attempted breakfast once as awful. Toast machines didn't work properly. I asked for a fired egg as nothing else looked appetising and was told NO! (rude woman). Room was very clean but 2 double beds and no space at all to walk around them. No tea/coffee facilities, only 3 plugs and none near the mirror (why do hotels do this?). We were overlooking a side street on the first floor where Jet2 staff arrived every morning about 7ish , banging car doors etc. Hotel entertainment - Watched a magician for 5 minutes one night and he might have been ok at a child's party but that's about it! Location was good and easy to get to the marina and the beach ...down a bank and past the dog poo. Pool area was packed so didn't get a bed ....would not have stepped foot in the hot tub! You have to pay for wifi in your room...really...in this day and age?? (3.50 euros each day) and you have to pay for the safe too!
he reception staff were lovely and very helpful though and a credit to the hotel, however would not return here

Room tip: Not the first floor!
3  Thank kindod

Dear Guest,
Thank your for your valuable feedback!
We're very sorry we didn't meet your expectations during your visit...
We take all comments very seriously, and we're constantly improving all aspects of our services.That's why we have made detailed notes of your many useful observations, and of course have been relayed to the specific area.
Thank you again, we really appreciate your candid comments ..

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very comfortable. Best hotel bed ever. Location superb ideal for walking. Have visited many times and it is better each time. The recent refurbishment of rooms and new lifts were much needed and have made a big difference.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank heatherhare425
Marta L, marketing y ventas at Hotel Palmasol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Heather,
Thank you for your feedback and we're pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We couldn't agree more, being ideally located in Benalmádena downtown makes accessing traffic and many of the best sights to see both easy and fun.
We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back soon!
King regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyable stay, with one or two blips which, on the whole, were dealt with. Staff are fiencly and helpful. Late check out facilities are unsatisfactory - this was not a pleasant experience. A decent shower and changing area needs to be available.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Edinburgher2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Palmasol and also for the time taken to share your recent stay. We appreciate very much your feedback, critical constructive like yours only helps us to continuously improve our service, that's why we are going to take note of this comment!
We would very much like to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to have the chance to showcase exactly what the hotel is capable of.
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Still enjoying an amazing holiday here at Hotel Palmasol.
Hotel has everything needed for a quality relaxing holiday. Cleanliness, exceptional staff, good selection of food and variety of entertainment.
549 room is well laid out with stunning views across the marina and mountains.
Thank you to all staff at Hotel Palmasol, we’ll be sad to leave but definitely booking again for June next year.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank garden10

Dear Guest,
We're so glad that you chose to stay with us. It's wonderful to know that Hotel Palmasol had such a positive impact on the quality of your experience. Our staff is dedicated to providing our guests with courteous and attentive service, and we're delighted to know that they went above and beyond in this regard.
We are waiting for you next year :)
Have a beautiful day!