2,066 results
All reviews star hotel plenty of choice beautiful marina animation team two double beds fantastic location stayed all inclusive bit dated plenty of sunbeds cleaned daily evening entertainment reception area walk in shower short break meal times a lovely holiday choice of food
Reviewed August 8, 2016

fantastic hotel, rooms a little small but clean and tidy, very nice staff and reps, had the most amazing two weeks. perfect location and lovely beach. pool lovely and entertainment really good, can't think of any negatives at all.

Room tip: all rooms are good but corner family rooms are bigger
2  Thank vonnie190
Marta L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Palmasol, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Dear Vonnie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
We would like to let you know that we’ve forwarded this information to our staff in charge.
Your comments help us make the necessary improvements to make our hotel better.
Hope to see you soon!
Best Regards

Reviewed August 7, 2016

I never book a holiday/hotel without doing my research and so glad I did. I was not disappointed. Some of the reviews (bad ones) are im guessing from people who don't research/read reviews before booking/going.

I normally book 4*+ hotels but thought I would take a risk on this hotel due to its location. im so happy I did. had a fab holiday. to be honest I struggled to see the difference in some of the 4* hotels ive been to and this hotel. yes roos need to be modernised but there is actually nothing wrong with them. they are clean and plenty of storage and good aircon. I had a room with a view of the pool and the view was amazing over the sea and marina.

check in was smooth. I arrived just after 1pm and was told my room was not yet ready. I was given my bands for the all inclusive and I went for lunch. went for a quick walk around the hotel to see the pool etc and went back to reception to be told my room was now ready, reception staff were really ncie and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. I rented a safe and the mini fridge (as researched I knew there was no fridge in the room) I was on the 5th floor and the room was just right. only complaint I really had was not enough hangers though plenty of storage space. liked the little cupboard where you stored your cases so weren't tripping over them allow the time. I also had read on previous reviews about the shower flooding the bathroom so when it come to washing y hair (I have thick long hair so takes me a while) I turned the shower off while shampooing n putting my conditioner on (which also saved water!!). had no bother with clean towels and had enough toilet roll.

food/bar - breakfast was good, most selection I have seen on a breakfast. liked the fried bread and other options. lunch I found to be better than dinner. mainly because at dinner it was quite busy so sometimes couldn't get in to the food properly as people didn't know how to queue and just jumped infront of you. I always found something to eat and so did my picky husband., you get served at your table with drinks and there was no problems asking for another drink. - better than some 4*s I've been in! even though I was all inclusive one reason of booking hotel was so I could go to harbour so ate out a lot for tea/dinner. the couple of times I did stay in for tea/dinner was fine again no bother with food. don't get me wrong nothing fantastic but not bad either. BAR- there was 2 bars, one beside reception and the other on the terrace. it was a little walk fro the pool to the bar. staff were friendly. yes there was a queue sometimes but always seemed to go down quick. sometimes the queue was due to the person been served ordering loads of drinks, however there was 3 drinks rule. this was adhered to most of the time and I was refused to get 2 waters and 2 other drinks for myself and my husband due to the rule. I can see why the rule was inplace and didn't have a problem with it been enforced. but when you see other people getting 4 or 5 or even 6 drinks and holding the queue up it annoyed me a little. prices were quite expensive when you read the bar menu (that's when we found one in the inside bar). for 2 disaranos and coke (as not included in the all inclusive) was 11.20 euros. you get it half price if all inc so paid 5.60 euros. cocktails were 6 euros which was really good as prices on the harbour were 8.5 - 9 euros and tiny compared to the ones from hotel. so I recommend the cocktails - though if you order more than 1 you do start to get a queue behind you.,

Pool - as every one states it doesn't open till 10, it is open till 8pm, the life guard is on duty at all times so guessing this is why it doesn't open till 10. what would be good is to change it to 9-7. people did queue from stupid o clock. some people were queuing 2 hours a day. if you there for a week then you waste a day queuing!!! I understand people want beds but from 8 am, if people didn't queue so early then maybe you wouldn't have such a problem. I queued from about 9.15-9.30 and I was half way up the queue and easily got a bed around the pool for the first couple of days but then moved to the grassed area. it was better on the grass as you could follow the sun and had more room and could easily go to the pool still. also if people who are at the front didn't then keep beds or spaces in queue for other groups they met then maybe it would be a fairer system. no one likes this system. every hotel I have been to has a queue system of some sort but I do think the time of 10 is too late to open the pool, I staed out till 7 once(ususaly went in about 6ish) and there was only a couple of people left. as I already stated Palmasol, if you did think how to resolve this to open the pool 9-7 would be better.

issues - other than the pool times, the other issue is how late the bar opens. it doesn't open till 11. breakfast starts 8-11 so guessing this is why. but if you up early go for breakfast 8-8.30ish like I did then to wait till 11 for a drink is not acceptable. each day I hadto go over to the marina and go to the nearby shop to buy a bottle of pop to drink.
hotel room keys - there was a few times the room keys stopped working, for no reason. it was an inconvenience but when I did go to reception it wasn't a problem., took matter of seconds to sort. I did hear someone complaining they wouldn't do his room key, but he was giving the wrong name. so actually thought that was quite good that they had for security reasons.
back gate to harbour - if you go to the back gate you are right on the harbour. to come back into the gate though is another thing. it only worked once for me. and if it doesn't work means you got to walk around and up the steep hill, or you can go into the brown tower and go uyp the stairs and around that way which was my wqay of choice! I couldn't comment on entertainment due to not taking part during the day and been out on a night most of the time or been inside as I couldn't get a seat outside.

would I come back - only if they changed the rules for the pool. I found the hotel to be exactly what I expected and I liked it. staff friendly ideal location and fantastic views. beds comfy and had some really nice sleeps.TV channels were good when getting ready and watching something other than news was good.

Room tip: ask for a room with pool view and you wont be disappointed
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank DebM368
Marta L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Palmasol, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Your comments help us make the necessary improvements to make our hotel better. We hope that you enjoyed your stay despite the negative points you are mentionining.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

Went here the middle of July this year , sun beds haven't improved as previously answered by the managers at the hotel on last years reviews. Food was very basic at evenings , desserts same all through the two weeks and not that nice , but on a good note I liked the staff there, although my dad thought service could of been better , as in tables being cleaned more , and a shortage of staff behind the bar .
all-inclusive a joke mind only little tubs on offer for kids , you had to pay for lollys and ice creams and queue for ages for a small drink on boiling hot days .

2  Thank kellgriff2015
Marta L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Palmasol, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2016

Dear guest,
First of all we would like to thank your time sharing this review of your recent stay with us.
Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated for all our staff as they are indeed crucial in supporting our improvements efforts.
We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 6, 2016

Check in was quick and easy, very friendly. Staff were fab and very hardworking. Room small but clean, 2 adults and 2 teenagers in a double room was ok. Not enough hangers for clothes. Leave your spare room key in the slot so the air con stays on all day, its then lovely and cool when you come back in.
Food was brilliant, plenty of selection very day, lots of fresh fruit/salad at all sittings, we were all inclusive. Bar was busy at times which you would expect in the summer holidays. Snacks served from the bar - hotdogs, burgers, toasties, chips.
The coffee wasn’t the best from the free machine, pay the extra 80c for the one at the back of the bar.
My only complaint - no where near enough parasols - we counted 13 around the pool area - uv levels were at 9, please do something about this, there were lots of families with small children, it was nearly 40 degrees most days. No BALLS are allowed in the pool but big doughnut rings are!!!
A great location, very close to the marina and beaches, buy a loaf of bread and feed the fish in the marina, absolutely stacks of them.
Overall a fantastic holiday - will definitely return to the area but perhaps in a different hotel

Room tip: don’t have a pool view

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

Accommodation requires updating rooms very old style decor and extremely small the smallest I've ever stayed in bathroom OK however challenging to use toilet as sink is in the way but overall room very clean and tidy
Food couldn't fault it lot of Spanish stayed so obviously catered for them as well but always something very nice on pizza lush breakfast lush proper English sausages most of the time my only gripe about the food is it could be a little hotter sometimes it was like warm .
Location was xllnt two minutes from beach overall a not a bad hotel would we go back yes most likely. On a different note Malaga airport awful rude staff abrupt check in security a nightmare not enough staff on 40 mins to go through so leave plenty of time to check in .

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Marta L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Palmasol, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2016

Dear Adam,
We are very sorry to hear your comments regarding the Palmasol hotel during your stay. We will pass on your comments to the relevant areas so they can carry out the appropriate investigations.
Thank you very much for helping us to gauge your experience in this regard so we can take the appropriate measures to improve the experience of our guests.
Best regards,